If we trade down i think we can have our cake and eat it too | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we trade down i think we can have our cake and eat it too

TheAnswer385

STAY LOW RUN FREE
Reaction score
i think if we traded down with tampa we could still end up with ronnie brown cuz im thinking that chitown will go for edwards or williams plus we get all thos picks that would be nice :D what do u think?

Moving down will endanger getting Brown. Even if the teams between the Miami and Tampa picks have other priorities, somebody could very well trade up with them to leapfrog us. That said, I think that would be a risk the team would need to take.

That would be ideal...and look at it this way...IF the reports are correct that TB wants a QB then GREAT...they take the other, but then we have to worry about Cleveland trading down, and Chicago picking or trading as well. At the very least I hope we end up with B. Edwards, C. Benson, or R. Brown. In THAT order. (Only my opinion.) In that situation...I would only trade as low as 5 UNLESS the Vikes offer both their #1's.

If we trade with Tampa, we can get Edwards, Williams, Brown or Caddy.

SF- Rodgers
Tampa - Edwards/Smith/Brown (im not really sure who they actually want because they can use all three of these positions)
Cleveland - Edwards/Smith
Chicago - Williams/Brown
Miami - Edwards/Williams/Brown/Caddy

If you think about it, the players we would target would be the same exact players we would target at #2 minus the QBs. Trading down, even if we DONT get equal value for our pick, would be the best option for this team

We could get the player we were targeting at #2 for
a) a cheaper signing bonus
b) and gain a 2nd round pick + latter picks

If Tampa makes an offer to move up, I call Cleveland up right after they do and see if Cleveland matches it. If Cleveland wants Smith or Edwards badly enough, they might feel that Tampa would take one of those guys and we could even trade down to #3 and pick up a 2nd rounder.

Getumboys said:
What if edwards goes to san fran then what would u guys do
cry because that would screw over most of our trade downs because 2 QBs would be available.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
How sad is that, we are sad we have the second overall pick!!! :cry:

Oh if this just happened a year earlier!

I'm not sad that we have the #2 pick, I'm sad because we don't get to pick again after that until the 3rd round. Just think of all the talent that will get picked up in the second round!

I'm sad because we loose out on other picks. Trading down will get us players that seem to be about as good as a # 2 is.

Here's some speculation...We trade to 5 with Tampa, pick up their second and a third next year, and they take Edwards. (Face it...Gruden loves his WR's) Cleveland in shock takes Rodgers or Smith (whichever the 9ers take), Chicago with the loss of Edwards takes D. Johnson, and that leaves all the RB's on the board with M. Williams sitll out there. Minnesota comes calling with concern that the Titans are going to take Williams, and trades us their #1 and #3 this year and a #3 next year to trade down to 7. Minnesota drafts Williams and the Titans take Troy Williamson leaving all the RB's and Rolle still on the board. Arizona wants Rolle or a RB, but the Skins and Detroit want Rolle with Jones and Rogers as back ups. Detroit knows we want a RB and they want Rolle, so they package their 10th with a 3rd and 4th to jump ahead of Arizona and take Rolle. Arizona takes R. Brown and then Washington takes Pac-man Jones. And there we are at 10 with Benson and Caddy still on the board with a slew of picks. We take Benson at the 10th, and then Dallas takes Merriman, the Chargers take Cody, and then Houston take Barron, and Carolina takes Rogers right before KC picks. Now KC is stuck with no proven CB's left and that forces the trade for Surtain. and we get their 2nd and 3rd rounders for Pat.

Woo woo...yeahhh baby. lol. Someone pinch me and wake me up.

Back
Top Bottom