If we trade down into the bottom of the first... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we trade down into the bottom of the first...

I am on board with getting what we can for #3 that leaves us in the neighborhood of a player we want to draft plus extra day 2 and future picks. But none of these mocks have us drafting a 1st or 2nd round DT. We are not done building inside out.

RW
I agree. 3rd or 4th round is where I think Miami looks at DT/NT.

It's always about what specific players you're passing on.

But real classy calling those who don't agree with you fangirls.
If the shoe fits...

I'm curious... are you one of those who thought we needed to trade up for Tua last year? I'm asking for a friend.

I think we are actually pretty close in our opinions...

Fortunately, both the WR and the Tackle pools are VERY deep this year, and I think that if we play our cards right, we can trade down and still get both... maybe even in the 1st round.

All this... we gotta have Devonte Smith or I'm gonna wet myself... stuff is just annoying. Just like the guys who wanted to trade up for Tua last year.

Just childish impatience.
On the various simulators I have been moving down a little and taking Smith or Chase and then grabbing Darrisaw at 18.

I am torn on taking a quality OT and moving Hunt to OG or hoping that I can get Wyatt Davis at #35 and leaving Hunt at RT.

A right side of Davis and Hunt would be physically imposing as all hell.

If we trade down from 3 to 18 it'd show this FO hasn't learn a thing yet after all these years. How often do you get the chance to draft elite talent? It's good to move down for more picks from time to time but you win with super stars, not with solid players. At some point we need quality instead of quantity. I hope Grier won't do something this dumb.
This is a good post. I think you obviously have to have some elite talent, especially if you can get it at premier positions.

My best guess for this draft is that Sewell, Smith and Chase will be elite. Maybe Pitts.

A few unexpected players will emerge as elite as well. Perhaps one of the quarterbacks.

I can't say what the right approach is, honestly. Does two good players equal an elite player in the salary cap Era?

It's a good discussion for sure.

Parsons has a chance to be elite as well.

I might add Wyatt Davis who will be a G but he could end up being one of the best in the NFL.

And Rousseau is raw as hell but his upside his enormous.

Not sure about that. Teams give up a lot for QB's and if they move up to 3 it'd be for a QB. I didn't think the lions would get so much for Stafford but they did. Regardless you'd agree that if Carolina offers us that deal you would take it?
I would take that in a heartbeat. Another qb will be gone, and more than likely 2 of Chase/Smith/Waddle will still be there. Getting the 41st? pick is also a bonus. Yep, I like that idea.

I am on board with getting what we can for #3 that leaves us in the neighborhood of a player we want to draft plus extra day 2 and future picks. But none of these mocks have us drafting a 1st or 2nd round DT. We are not done building inside out.

RW
I like to grab McNeil in a lot of my mocks.

I would like to add Boogie Basham. I want to get another nose next year, Jordan Davis.

I had a bit of fun with this one... I didn't just set out to trade down, I tried to trade down almost continuously unless there was a prized target right in front of me... I know that the 'we hafta draft stars' crowd would wet themselves if we did this, but hey... win/win.

team logo

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida

Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU

Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

Dillon Radunz
    OT North Dakota State

D’Wayne Eskridge
    WR Western Michigan

Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

Tyler Shelvin
    DT LSU

Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

Monty Rice
    LB Georgia

• 2022 SF 1st
  • 2022 SF 2nd

LOL... I didn't even realize that I had taken 4 WRs til I had finished.

I had a bit of fun with this one... I didn't just set out to trade down, I tried to trade down almost continuously unless there was a prized target right in front of me... I know that the 'we hafta draft stars' crowd would wet themselves if we did this, but hey... win/win.

team logo

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida

Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU

Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

Dillon Radunz
    OT North Dakota State

D’Wayne Eskridge
    WR Western Michigan

Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

Tyler Shelvin
    DT LSU

Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

Monty Rice
    LB Georgia

• 2022 SF 1st
  • 2022 SF 2nd

LOL... I didn't even realize that I had taken 4 WRs til I had finished.
Bottom line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this s h i t is supposed to be FUN!

We get really screwed up around here when peeps take it soooooooooooooooooooooo serious!

As far as I can tell, there ain't nothin' wrong with focking some draft sim over (+ over if you like)!

Picked up four 2022 picks for my trouble.

MIA

DeVonta Smith
WR Alabama
trade icon

• MIA

Christian Darrisaw
    OT Virginia Tech

• MIA

Richie Grant
    S UCF
    trade icon
  • MIA

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina
    trade icon
  • MIA

D’Wayne Eskridge
    WR Western Michigan

• 2022 CAR 1st
  • 2022 LV 2nd
  • 2022 CIN 3rd
  • 2022 CHI 5th

I had another strange thought... (Yeah, I know... big surprise there)

Since the biggest part of the money from your rookie pool contract expenditures goes to your 1st round picks, what would it look like if we traded down repeatedly in an effort to NOT take anyone in the first round, and push off that expense until next year when we have more cap space?

I traded down several times... four or five, at least, and I got this group of players. More big names than you would expect, 11 players and 6 picks in the first three rounds for 2022. Obviously, no team has ever tried this before, but before Grier/Flores... no one had ever torn a team to the ground like we did last year.

Would this work? It's worth a thought. It would be funny listening to the analysts freaking out if we pulled this crap.

Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU

Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

Amon-Ra St. Brown
    WR USC

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina

Dillon Radunz
    OT North Dakota State

Patrick Jones
    EDGE Pitt

Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

Chazz Surratt
    LB North Carolina

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

Kyle Trask
    QB Florida

Paris Ford
    S Pitt

• 2022 LAR 1st
  • 2022 PIT 2nd
  • 2022 NYG 2nd
  • 2022 ARI 2nd
  • 2022 PIT 3rd
  • 2022 NYG 3rd

My Kyle Van Noy is gone mock draft... (Edge setter now required). I assumed that we would sign Linsley or Andrews.

Rashod Bateman
    WR Minnesota

Zaven Collins
    LB Tulsa

Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina

Jayson Oweh
    EDGE Penn State

Dillon Radunz
    OT North Dakota State