if we trade down who will we draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if we trade down who will we draft?

Perhaps we could trade down to end up with a shot at DJ and Spears (as low as possible to keep their salaries manageable). If we don't get the right position for DJ, then we could probably move to get Crowder and Spears. Then, with our Surtain pick(?), we grab Campbell. For trading down we also get additional late round picks this year, and perhaps next, which we could use to sift through RB,TE,Rec,OL,ST, and DT prospects to build our future. Then we will have a better team, and not be too cap heavy on unproven talent. Let's spend our money on guys we know can play, and make the new guys prove themselves. Hey, FA's love to come to Miami!

Wheel and Deal Baby!

:cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude:

If we trade down (hopefully with no one lower then the Vikings) then we will select Antrel Rolle if he is still available which there is a good chance he will be, I can only hope at least. Why because we wil not have a LCB to take on #1 WR's after we lose Surtain.

Madison is 30 and can no longer keep up with a Randy Moss or a Dieon Branch and so on for an entire game, that is why the Phins moved him over to the RCB spot in 03'.

As for Howard well he just sucks end of story, he is slow, can't tackle and is anything but a play maker.

Poole on the other hand has all the talent in the world but does not have the speed to keep up with guys like that either.

Now don't get me wrong Rolle is no burner either but he's bigger, stronger and and faster then the 3 CB's we will have after we deal Surtain. He is a smart player who is capable of covering those guys and just to top it off he can play the run like a SS. Before anyone starts talking stupid I do not think so highly of Rolle because he played for the Hurricanes, I could care less about that. I think highly of him because I feel, which I have stated on this site many times before he is one of the safest and most NFL ready players in this draft. So hopefully if we trade down and he's there Saban will pick him up.

With whatever we get next whether it's a another first from the Vikings or a 2nd rd pick we will most likely choose the best available. We have a boat load of need and there is plenty of talent later in the first and second for us to choose from.

Our interior line still could use some help mainly at C and we could stand to up grade out OG. I think Baas if still avaible when our number is called would be a nice fit for us since he is versatile enough to play any interior postion and Saban covets that.

As for QB I'd love to have Frye I think he is going to be an excellent QB in this league one day.

RB well it's a deep draft but I would be very disappointed if we selected one of the top 3 with our first pick not because I don't think the guys are worth it because they are all very talented but I just personally don't believe in investing so much money at the postion. The Broncos have proven time after time you don't need a top 10 back to have a 1000 yard rusher, and if there is a draft with enough potential 1000 rushers in it this is would most certainly be it. Not to mention there are still plenty of options on the trade front, and if we trade Surtain to the Cheifs I wouldn't mind having Larry Johnson being some how involved in the trade.

We also could use help at safety since are FS postion is anything but a lock and Tebucky will most likely be looking for a new team come next off season considering the way his contract is shaped, so Ernest Shazor would be a nice pick up.

Other possiblities who I am high on depending on where we trade down could be DE/LB Shawn Merriman, OT Khalif Barnes, DE/DT Marcus Spears, WR Mark Clayton, OLB/S Thomas Davis. I think these men could all be tremendous additions to our team and come in and make in impact immeditatly.

Sorry this turned out to be so long but it's Easter and I'm bored because there is nothing else to do so I thought I'd amuse myself by sharing some of my thoughts with everyone.

You know you guys really make me feel like I know it all by never arguing with me. I feel like it's a silent agreement or something.

Thanks.......... I think.............

Actually I'd rather draft Pac-Man if we're going for a pure CB. Looks like Rogers is going at 6 to Tenn. That leaves Pac-Man or Rolle to come to us. One of or both of these guys may slip to us. I wonder how well Rolle would play at FS?

DJ and davis(we need to get younger on D) then we address RB and O-Line later in draft

yamutha3002 said:
...snip...

I think you just traded for every marginal player and wrote the rationale for everyone ranked under the top 5 in this years draft. Well done.

I gave my opinion on some players I feel would could come in an contribute. I was being sarcastic when saying you guys make me feel like I know it all because no one was responding and I'm board and feel like BSing with people. So save your smart @$$ sarcasim for some else big guy. Those players are all going to make a contribution on whatever team they are selected by and have the potential to be alot more then marginal. So why don't you share your thoughts on who you think isn't a "marginal player" and a safer bet then Antrel Rolle?

Back
Top Bottom