IF we traded Down. This would be a good RB to target | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we traded Down. This would be a good RB to target

XXXSURTAINXXX

THE SACRIFICIAL DOLPHIN
Reaction score
If you watched the combine you would have notice this guy. Big, Strong and Fast. Im not saying to use a 3rd rnd pick on this guy but a 4th rnd pick would be a steal for him and this is why.

1. He is disciplined
You have to be to attend the citadel
2. He is a team player
You have to be to attend any military type institution
3. His work ethics are beyond great
They have to be if you are affliated in any way with the military.
4. OF SOUND CHARACTER
See above.

and obviously physically talented. Just an idea a thought to share in our hours of "NO NEWS"

The only notable name from The Citadel is that of RB Nehemiah Broughton. A little known player, from a school seldom receiving much attention, Broughton opened a few eyes with his size, speed and power. He measured 5-11, 245 pounds, while running 4.59 and 4.62 times at the combine; he stood on those times during his Pro Day workouts. Broughton ran a 7.34 three-cone drill time, showing he is rather nimble footed for his size. He posted a 31.5-inch vertical jump and a 9-7 long jump. Broughton has been compared to Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett. If he can find an NFL team in need of a bruising tailback, Broughton could find success at the prolevel. One NFL draft insider told KFFL he feels Broughton will likely be a solid fifth rounder.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
If you watched the combine you would have notice this guy. Big, Strong and Fast. Im not saying to use a 3rd rnd pick on this guy but a 4th rnd pick would be a steal for him and this is why.

1. He is disciplined
2. He is a team player
4. OF SOUND CHARACTER
See above.

and obviously physically talented. Just an idea a thought to share in our hours of "NO NEWS"

The only notable name from The Citadel is that of RB Nehemiah Broughton. A little known player, from a school seldom receiving much attention, Broughton opened a few eyes with his size, speed and power. He measured 5-11, 245 pounds, while running 4.59 and 4.62 times at the combine; he stood on those times during his Pro Day workouts. Broughton ran a 7.34 three-cone drill time, showing he is rather nimble footed for his size. He posted a 31.5-inch vertical jump and a 9-7 long jump. Broughton has been compared to Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett. If he can find an NFL team in need of a bruising tailback, Broughton could find success at the prolevel. One NFL draft insider told KFFL he feels Broughton will likely be a solid fifth rounder.
don't players that go there incur a military commitment? or is there a waiver for pro sports or something?

I think he would be a better fit at RB. I've seen the kid play, and he can play, but i think he could excel at FB.

If I am right, the players at the citidel could go right into the NFL. The only players that I know for sure that have a military commitment are those that are attending any of the actual military academies. I never heard of him before, but he sounds like a monster. Maybe we should go for it. What were his numbers outside of the combine. Rushing yards, attempts, catches and so forth.

texasPHINSfan said:
don't players that go there incur a military commitment? or is there a waiver for pro sports or something?

I think that's only Army, Navy, and Air Force that incur military commitment.

texasPHINSfan said:

You're right. There might be a waiver(look at Roger Stauback).

godfater21 said:
I think that's only Army, Navy, and Air Force that incur military commitment.

The Citadel is a military academy, like VMI.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
1. He is disciplined
2. He is a team player
4. OF SOUND CHARACTER
See above.

This is absurd reasoning. The citadel is not the "military". I know quite a number of guys that have bachelors from the Citadel and they would not fit that description.

Tommy5988 said:
desperate ?

Wasn't Terrell Davis a 6th round pick?

You cant ignore size, speed, strength, discipline, team player, intelligence, fortitude and hardwork.

I wouldnt call it desperation id call it a smart thought.

ih8brady said:
The Citadel is a military academy, like VMI.

Yeah i know but it's a different type. than Army, Navy, and Air force. that is why i'm pretty sure they don't have a military service right out of school.

If you are going to talk about Monster backs you have to inclued Brandon Jacobs of S. Illinois. He is huge and is an auburn transfer

Back
Top Bottom