If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen?

Rosen will get his chance. We didn't trade a 2nd round pick for him for the hell of it. I think it's obvious that they don't want to throw him into the fire from the get go.

He may very well be the franchise qb we've been waiting for and every Dolphin should be hoping for the same thing. If he is then all of these picks and cap space coming up the next couple of years can be used to build a powerhouse team around him.

I would prefer that Rosen was starting.....but my opinion means nothing.

And if the feeling is that they really want to see if Rosen will succeed, there is something to be said about waiting a few games and not throwing him into the fire right away.

I will believe Josh Allen is a QB when I see it.
+1. To the person who said Josh Allen turned into a QB late in year....he turned into a running back behind center. His December passing numbers: in 5 game he was 86 of 162 (53%), 1058 yards (6.5 ypp), 7 TD, 7 INT. Those throwing numbers aren't better than his earlier numbers....he just threw the ball more.

What's funnier is the fans that think we're tanking.

I think the fact that tank is a 4 letter word verses rebuild which is a seven letter word has something to do with it.

Symantec's.

Root and stem.

The GM is tanking, not the coach

Not sure why it's so hard for people to understand that. No coach or player will lose games on purpose. Duh. The GM strategically put us in this situation by trading most of the veterans away and offering such a small amount of money for QB that Teddy Bridgewater said hell no, leaving us with Fitz, but somehow we're not tanking.

What is this? Make believe stats for just preseason performances, one of which he was consistently bailed out by Preston Williams?

Did you read any of the beat writers in the offseason? Like ANY of them? They ALL said, to a man, that Fitzpatrick was destroying Rosen and that it wasn't a competition, it was a blowout. Fitzpatrick won the competition because his peak this offseason crushed anything Rosen did, even though he ended up not looking very good in the limited preseason snaps he had, and also pretty much the 2nd half of training camp. That peak is what caught the attention of both the players and the coaches and gave them the idea that they're better off starting him over Rosen because Rosen never came close to that.

The beat writers said that the first few weeks of camp. Then, Rosen proceeded to drive the ball down the field, scoring multiple touchdowns in the first preseason game while Fitz didn't fare so well. His play improved after that.

Believe the beat writers over your eyes if you want to.

I wasn't initially on board but I'm starting to get behind the argument that starting Fitzpatrick is more about protecting Rosen than anything else. Its really hard to see how any quarterback is going to survive with this group blocking for them. The only real hope is that the defense is good enough to keep games close and not force the QB to sling it around. If Rosen isn't the starter by week 5 I'd be shocked.

It’s also about protecting the locker room. The vets want to see the vet start. The coaching staff knows Fitz will play his way on the bench. It’s only a matter of time. But it looks way better to the locker room that you’re actually trying to win.

The beat writers said that the first few weeks of camp. Then, Rosen proceeded to drive the ball down the field, scoring multiple touchdowns in the first preseason game while Fitz didn't fare so well. His play improved after that.

Believe the beat writers over your eyes if you want to.
The first preseason game I watched him throw the ball in the air while falling down and got bailed on by Williams on a throw that should have been picked 99 times out of 100. He also had 0 passing TDs that game. Trust me, I'm believing my eyes. We're setting the bar real low here for performances I see.

I'm done arguing this. Rosen will eventually play and you'll see what he looks like. I just hope there aren't 200 excuses per game for his play like there was for Tannehill, but that's wishful thinking because I already know the offensive line is going to be the scapegoat no matter what.

The first preseason game I watched him throw the ball in the air while falling down and got bailed on by Williams on a throw that should have been picked 99 times out of 100. He also had 0 passing TDs that game. Trust me, I'm believing my eyes. We're setting the bar real low here for performances I see.

I'm done arguing this. !Rosen will eventually play and you'll see what he looks like. I just hope there aren't 200 excuses per game for his play like there was for Tannehill, but that's wishful thinking because I already know the offensive line is going to be the scapegoat no matter what.

Lol okay. It's Sunday. Football will be on all day. It's ok for us to disagree. Lighten up. :)

Back
Top Bottom