If we where to | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we where to

Getumboys

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we where to make another big move this offseason what would u want it to be but u have to name the players u would want and make it realistic :cooldude: ;) :D

A straight up trade of Surtain for Edge or Alexander. Not going to happen but in a dream world as you suggest, anything is possible.

Celtkin said:
A straight up trade of Surtain for Edge or Alexander. Not going to happen but in a dream world as you suggest, anything is possible.

If Ricky comes back as rumored, and is given an incentive laden contract whereby if he performs at a level equal to his first two years here he still makes a big salary........can we really afford another high priced runner?

Can we even afford a runner picked #2 under this scenario?

I don't think so.

I was thinking L.T. for our 7th rounder, but since it has to be realistic, Surtain for a late 2nd or a early 3rd.

Even though it wouldn't be THAT major...I would say re-signing David Boston. Give him a one year deal for the veteran minimum with tons of incentives. If he performs like a pro bowl dominating reciever he will be paid like one.

BlueFin said:
If Ricky comes back as rumored, and is given an incentive laden contract whereby if he performs at a level equal to his first two years here he still makes a big salary........can we really afford another high priced runner?

I don't think so.

I don't expect that IF he returns he will perform anywhere near his first two years. The reasons are that the offense will be different so he won't have as many opportunities and that he is a year removed and 25 pounds lighter. Additionally, he will probably have to serve a suspension that will cut out 25% of his season. If he returns, my hope would be that he plays well enough in spot duty that some team is willing to trade us a conditional pick for him prior to next season.

BlueFin said:

I don't think so.

No, bro. I agree but if Ricky doesn't come back, It would be a move I'd like to see that in my fantasy world. ;) Of course, I hope that we are set at the RB position when the draft comes around, as do you and for us to have enough cap space to play with.

rafael said:
I don't expect that IF he returns he will perform anywhere near his first two years. The reasons are that the offense will be different so he won't have as many opportunities and that he is a year removed and 25 pounds lighter. Additionally, he will probably have to serve a suspension that will cut out 25% of his season. If he returns, my hope would be that he plays well enough in spot duty that some team is willing to trade us a conditional pick for him prior to next season.

Great points and I pretty much agree with you.

I do think he has plenty of time with a proper diet and workout regimen to put the weight back on, with the year off he should feel pretty healthy.

I get your point about the four games, but I would think his agent is still shrewd enough that he would make some pretty good coin if he plays well.

I guess the point I was making was that it didn't make sense to me pay the #2 pick a boatload, or to pay Edge a boatload with Ricky potentially coming back, with Gordon still here who we gave a high third rounder for, and the fact that this draft is so deep at runningback, it would make more sense to me to pick one later in the draft.

If Saban decides against quarterback, and doesn't trade down I'd rather see Edwards or Mike Williams here to create a monster passing attack.

BlueFin said:
Great points and I pretty much agree with you.

I do think he has plenty of time with a proper diet and workout regimen to put the weight back on, with the year off he should feel pretty healthy.

I get your point about the four games, but I would think his agent is still shrewd enough that he would make some pretty good coin if he plays well.

I guess the point I was making was that it didn't make sense to me pay the #2 pick a boatload, or to pay Edge a boatload with Ricky potentially coming back, with Gordon still here who we gave a high third rounder for, and the fact that this draft is so deep at runningback, it would make more sense to me to pick one later in the draft.

If Saban decides against quarterback, and doesn't trade down I'd rather see Edwards or Mike Williams here to create a monster passing attack.

I can understand that. I don't think we should allocate a ton of cap space to the RB position. The only way Alexander makes sense is if his salary demands drop considerably. In this market they'll drop some, but it might be fantasyland to think the'll drop enough.

Ricky coming back in his previous form PERIOD! I'm still pissed at what he did but man he's a game breaker. It would have to be a incentive contract to keep me happy.

Then we have the 2nd overall pick....lookout! We can go in any direction

Ricky would come back and not miss a beat. Boston would resign and look like the Boston of yesteryear and we draft Alex Smith. Alex blows away the competition in pre season and we have the next Colts trio blowing up the NFL. All this with a defense = SB. Just a dream, or possibility?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom