If we won the Superbowl.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we won the Superbowl....

Its not guaranteed to be better in the long run and if you cant see how going a respectable 7-9 with THIS particular roster and the bevy of picks we have before us is the better option then I dont think I can help you. It means an inexperienced, depleted roster and rookie head coach stepped up in a major way.

You act like drafting higher is a lock for a good player and vice versa and that we dont have the flexibility to maneuver however we want in this draft.
I get your point that all is not lost if we finish around 500. It would be an almost impossible feat considering this roster.

While nothing is guaranteed, we have the best odds right now of drafting Tua or Lawrence, who are both considered to be among the 5 best qb prospects to come out of college in the past 40 years. The other 3 would be Elway, Manning, & Luck. If we can end up with either one of them in 2020 or 2021, there are very good odds that we will witness a Dolphins Super Bowl sometime in the next decade. We must do whatever is necessary to draft one of these guys and use all the picks & cap space to build a roster around them. We’ve tried the opposite way for the last 20 years and it hasn’t worked.

With that being said, nobody is going to trade the pick if they can draft Tua or Lawrence no matter who their current qb is. So anything other than getting the 1st overall pick is considered a failure.

People just don’t want to get their heads around we are adding by SUBTRACTING - we have picks and salary cap and we will be a top the division in three years maybe two years if Tom leaves Bill at the end of the year

I think this team will be competitive in 2020.

If (humongous if) this Dolphins squad wins the super bowl this year it will be a miracle on top of a miracle! In short, it's a bone fide imposibility! Dreaming...fantasizing doesn't cost anything so dream on!

I see it differently. If this roster got to 8-8:

A. We've got a legitimate coach
B. The defense was really good. The youngest roster in the NFL stepped up in a huge way.
C. Would love to see alot of W's when Rosen takes over and he stamps that he's our guy going forward.

We have an INSANE amount of draft capital to move wherever we want to. There are 4 legitimate first round QBs this year as well. Football season comes around once a year; I want to see some wins and for this team to exceed expectations.

Not necessarily. Case in point: last year's team. They won 7 games. But they won close games against bad teams and had a lot of luck go their way. But their offense and defense were bottom 5 and they were 3rd worst point differential.

Now if the Dolphins play well this year, and are competitive, I will be happy regardless of record. But I will not be happy if they pull out 6-8 wins with a combination of luck and weak opponents despite the team playing poorly on the field.

I feel like half the loudmouths on this forum would think it's a failed season because "we wont get Tua!"

I want the Fins to win every game they play, and im not sure you're a fan if you actively want them to lose every game just to marginally increase the odds on a dice roll.

Fan implies fanatical in your feeling towards a team...in that case, no I am not a fan per se. The way the Dolphins have been operating over the last two decades has created an apathy in me. I still watch and I haven't "given up on the team", but my desire to follow them, week in and week out as they fumble through countless 8-8 seasons where the only time to actually get excited about the team is draft night, week 1, and that small stretch starting in week 12 where we play with scenarios of how they can make the playoffs only to watch them finish 2-3.

So I apologize if I am actually excited that the team is trying a different approach and for once play the long game instead of trying to band aid a team to 10-6 ****ing record that never gets realized. Being excited about mediocrity is such a shitty way to follow a team. I want to cheer for greatness, not read another thread about how good things "use to be". I want to have a team compete year in and year out for the division and actually feel like that they can win in the playoffs. If that means I have to suffer through one **** pile of a season, just for the hope that this franchise can turn things around...you're god damn right I hope we have the number 1 pick...I'll take that **** over any other record that doesn't lead to the ****ing playoffs.

The irony of calling fans loud mouths when you felt the need to spout your ****ing opinion about those fans by giving it its own thread.

I feel like half the loudmouths on this forum would think it's a failed season because "we wont get Tua!"

I want the Fins to win every game they play, and im not sure you're a fan if you actively want them to lose every game just to marginally increase the odds on a dice roll.

Knock it off...

If we won the superbowl with this team, obviously that means Rosen is a franchise QB, and a whole lot better than we all thought he was. We're talking Hall of Fame level talent.

But go ahead and work your agenda.

Last edited:
We could put together an "all star" team of the players that have played for us this century and we'd still would not win the super bowl this year.

Interesting thought.

QB Pennington/Tannehill
RB prime Ricky Williams/Ronnie Brown
WR Chris Chambers/Brandon Marshall/Jarvis Landry/
TE Randy McMichael
LT Jake Long
LG Jamie Nails
C Mike Pouncey
RG Ritchie Incognito :lol: couldn't think of anyone else
RT Vernon Carey

Defense - Pretty strong, mostly built by Jimmy.

Coach - Nick Saban

I think they'd have a shot. :)

Fan implies fanatical in your feeling towards a team...in that case, no I am not a fan per se. The way the Dolphins have been operating over the last two decades has created an apathy in me. I still watch and I haven't "given up on the team", but my desire to follow them, week in and week out as they fumble through countless 8-8 seasons where the only time to actually get excited about the team is draft night, week 1, and that small stretch starting in week 12 where we play with scenarios of how they can make the playoffs only to watch them finish 2-3.

So I apologize if I am actually excited that the team is trying a different approach and for once play the long game instead of trying to band aid a team to 10-6 ****ing record that never gets realized. Being excited about mediocrity is such a ****ty way to follow a team. I want to cheer for greatness, not read another thread about how good things "use to be". I want to have a team compete year in and year out for the division and actually feel like that they can win in the playoffs. If that means I have to suffer through one **** pile of a season, just for the hope that this franchise can turn things around...you're god damn right I hope we have the number 1 pick...I'll take that **** over any other record that doesn't lead to the ****ing playoffs.

The irony of calling fans loud mouths when you felt the need to spout your ****ing opinion about those fans by giving it its own thread.

You know what teams will be in the playoffs this year?

Patriots
Steelers
Chargers

Staples in the AFC.It's not a question of if they'll make it. Fans debate the seeding their teams will have in the playoffs. That's what being a Dolfan used to be like. Looks like they're on the right track back to relevancy.

Knock it off...

If we won the superbowl with this team, obviously that means Rosen is a franchise QB, and a whole lot better than we all thought he was. We're talking Hall of Fame level talent.

But go ahead and work your agenda.
The whole reason i started the thread was reacting to constant posts essentially saying "if we win more than 4 games this year, we've failed". I think people treat the team like a round of Madden Franchise or something.

We could put all our eggs in a tanking basket and even draft Tua. He could be even better than advertised. He also could have a "Alex Smith leg break" in preseason behind our catastrophic OL.

The whole reason i started the thread was reacting to constant posts essentially saying "if we win more than 4 games this year, we've failed". I think people treat the team like a round of Madden Franchise or something.

We could put all our eggs in a tanking basket and even draft Tua. He could be even better than advertised. He also could have a "Alex Smith leg break" in preseason behind our catastrophic OL.

So you just felt like your need to call out posters was so great that you just had to start a thread about it. A "you're not a fan because you don't think like me". Maybe you're not a real fan to keep wanting this team to be marred in mediocrity for another decade. Why would you want a future filled with 8-8 seasons doing the same thing we do every other off-season?

Guess what? Whether we want them to win or lose they’re going to win or lose on their own. It has nothing to do with us being “real fans”.

Nah, We would just trade up for Tua

Back
Top Bottom