If weather cancels saturdays game is that good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If weather cancels saturdays game is that good

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of preseason games, and i sure dont want them playing on a wet field on saturday if Charley comes ripping thru, if this storm causes the league to cancel the game I think it is a lucky break for us to play one less preseason game, anybody else

Sure...maybe Wanny can turn Taylor into a tailback and Surtain into a wideout before Game 2. Oh wait, it's Wanny.

The game will not be cancelled. The storm will come ashore on the other side of Florida on Friday morning and by Saturday night the storm will be halfway up the Eastern Seaboard. The most that could hit the Miami area would be one of the outer rain bands...if that.

Even if it is horrible conditions, you still have the play the game(Keeping in mind that horrible is just wind and rain). Just don't play the starters much, give the younger players some experience.

Local weather forecast says partly cloudy with 50% chance of rain on Saturday. Temperature around gametime probably in the mid-80s. Wind gusts in the Miami area will top out at 40 mph late Friday afternoon and then be back close to normal on Saturday.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
The game will not be cancelled. The storm will come ashore on the other side of Florida on Friday morning and by Saturday night the storm will be halfway up the Eastern Seaboard. The most that could hit the Miami area would be one of the outer rain bands...if that.

I believe that the projected path of a hurricaine is drawn from the eye, which means if it goes to the eastern most part of that path it will be raining rats. It's all good though, I got my rain gear!

:cool:

Latest storm path projects a direct hit on Tampa late Friday afternoon. The only game Saturday night that could be cancelled is the Bucs', not ours.

I want to watch them play something fierce but in a way I don't because it has not been the luckiest of offseasons, who knows what would happen. I say we only play two preseason games a year for that reason.

I think that it would be absolutely horrible to cancel preseason games. We have so many question marks we need to answer, and as much as practice can give us a hint, the only thing that can really show us who can perform are those games. I'm looking forward to seeing how all the new faces do.

I finally saw what I'm looking for. i'm no weather man or anything but from watching hurricanes take this same path before, I have noticed that they usually head almost straight north after they hit Cuba, But, I don't think this one will do that because of the high pressure system that is coming down from the north.

Look up towards N. Florida on any weather radar and watch what happens to TS Bonnie when it runs into that high pressure ridge that is moving south right now.

The storm took a solid west turn when it ran into the HP.

That high pressure system is going to do the same thing when it meets up with Hurricane Charley.

If they run into each other before the eye is north of here, it'll push this storm towards Miami.

We are now getting Hurricane warnings here and mandatory evacuation of barrier islands. They say the storm will probably reach category three before it gets here.

As far as effecting the game, I believe that may still happen. A cat. 3 storm is going to leave a ton of tree damage and powerline damage in it's wake and if that hits Miami on late Fri. early Sat., there's no way they'll play this game.

Bonedoc, did you forget we're having a QB competition here? We need to play this game badly. We need to see AJ in action and see if he's actually got a chance to unseat Fiedler. IMO these preseason games are huge for us this year because we have a lot of questions and young guys that need to step up. Not to mention our oline needs time to get comfortable with eachother. Losing preseason time will hurt us more than help us.

Back
Top Bottom