If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is?

If you're arent blocking as a TE play another position. Kittle, Gronk and Kelce have set the bar VERY high. Showing they can be both, at a very high level.

Just put the Gator fanboys on ignore. Oops, did I say that out loud?
Well, I hate the Gators, but Pitts is the real deal. The more I watch of him the more I want him. He's got amazing feet for a guy his size, hell he has amazing feet for a 6' WR. His rout running is right on par with Smith from what I can see and his his bending is not of a 6'5 guy. He will already have one of the biggest catch radius's in the NFL as soon as he gets there. He catches shoestring catches, and high points the ball. When he lines up outside and runs the diamond route he's sick.

He can line up inside or out. He lined up outside 39% of the time in 2020. He's more quick than fast, but is really light on his feet.

Pitts and Parsons are the two guys that I want to come away with one of them as 1a.

True. :)
Well, I hate the Gators, but Pitts is the real deal. The more I watch of him the more I want him. He's got amazing feet for a guy his size, hell he has amazing feet for a 6' WR. His rout running is right on par with Smith from what I can see and his his bending is not of a 6'5 guy. He will already have one of the biggest catch radius's in the NFL as soon as he gets there. He catches shoestring catches, and high points the ball. When he lines up outside and runs the diamond route he's sick.

He can line up inside or out. He lined up outside 39% of the time in 2020. He's more quick than fast, but is really light on his feet.

Pitts and Parsons are the two guys that I want to come away with one of them as 1a.
Nice unbiased analysis!

If you think Kelce or Waller are blocking 2/3 of the time and Pitts "sucks" as a blocker, you really don't know what you are talking about.
I played TE for 3 years at Akron U. I played my freshmen year as a WR before gaining my man weight. I came in as a sophomore at 240lbs. I was moved TE where I learned to do nothing but blocking as I was already a solid receiver. TEs block and we block...a lot.
Watch the Tampa vs Washington play-off game. Gronk owned Chase Young 1v1. Now that is a #3 pick TE

He’s a weapon. Not a true TE. He can play all over, slot or out wide or h- back. Playing him only as a tight end does him and all is coaches a disservice. He isn’t an awful blocker and is a willing blocker. If you don’t see how special he is, the jokes on you, pal. And every other GM that passes on him!
I played TE for 3 years at Akron U. I played my freshmen year as a WR before gaining my man weight. I came in as a sophomore at 240lbs. I was moved TE where I learned to do nothing but blocking as I was already a solid receiver. TEs block and we block...a lot.
Watch the Tampa vs Washington play-off game. Gronk owned Chase Young 1v1. Now that is a #3 pick TE

Nice try. Once again, you fail. 100%. To see what Pitts truly is..not a pure TIGHT END OR PURELY A WR EITHER. That’s why he is being called a generational talent. A unicorn. A weapon.

Gronk is a whole different animal. In his prime, he was one of the top 2 tight ends of all time. He doesn't dominate in the passing game anymore, but I don't see how you can't see how Pitts isn't just as worthy as anyone else you can draft at the #3 pick as anyone else in his draft class. The closest comparison that I can come up with right now is Darren Waller. Since Miami isn't likely to take a QB at 3, a trade down and selecting any of the top three wideouts or Pitts lower is the best way to get value for that pick, but if Miami gets stuck at #3, Pitts is just as good as anyone else you could take there.

Gronk is a whole different animal. In his prime, he was one of the top 2 tight ends of all time. He doesn't dominate in the passing game anymore, but I don't see how you can't see how Pitts isn't just as worthy as anyone else you can draft at the #3 pick as anyone else in his draft class. The closest comparison that I can come up with right now is Darren Waller. Since Miami isn't likely to take a QB at 3, a trade down and selecting any of the top three wideouts or Pitts lower is the best way to get value for that pick, but if Miami gets stuck at #3, Pitts is just as good as anyone else you could take there.
He’s a better target as a receiving threat than gronk..he’s in the Waller/KITTLE/KELCE MOLD..big and fast like WALLER..better catching radius than KITTLE or Kelce..I mean 50:50 balls are more like 80:20..it’s insane..watch his tape and I beg you to come away and say he’s anything but a top 10 pick In Any draft!

I am not going to argue if someone else prefers a WR first rather than Pitts. I can understand why and think any of the big 3 can help us. My preference for Pitts is based on 1) I think he’s a blue chip prospect and more than anything I want our first pick to really make an impact.
2) Pitts is 6’5 and his long arms and route running make him an easier target for Tua. 3) A Pitts and Gisicki combination is intriguing to me. Position less football is the future.

I am not going to argue if someone else prefers a WR first rather than Pitts. I can understand why and think any of the big 3 can help us. My preference for Pitts is based on 1) I think he’s a blue chip prospect and more than anything I want our first pick to really make an impact.
2) Pitts is 6’5 and his long arms and route running make him an easier target for Tua. 3) A Pitts and Gisicki combination is intriguing to me. Position less football is the future.
Yeah. It’s more about creating mismatches and Pitts may be the biggest mismatch in the whole draft.

Back
Top Bottom