If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is?

Even if you consider Pitts strictly a WR, you can make a case for him being the number 1 guy taken.

He would be the most complete WR in this draft: big and strong, great hands, good speed (4.5 guy) good route-running and good blocking.

The only thing that can give you pause if you consider him a WR would be his ā€œlack of productionā€.. but his young age also counterbalances some of that.

So, IMO, even as a WR, Pitts is battling it out to be the first guy taken off the board.

Even if you consider Pitts strictly a WR, you can make a case for him being the number 1 guy taken.

He would be the most complete WR in this draft: big and strong, great hands, good speed (4.5 guy) good route-running and good blocking.

The only thing that can give you pause if you consider him a WR would be his ā€œlack of productionā€.. but his young age also counterbalances some of that.

So, IMO, even as a WR, Pitts is battling it out to be the first guy taken off the board.
Lack of production? šŸ˜‚

I played TE for 3 years at Akron U. I played my freshmen year as a WR before gaining my man weight. I came in as a sophomore at 240lbs. I was moved TE where I learned to do nothing but blocking as I was already a solid receiver. TEs block and we block...a lot.
Watch the Tampa vs Washington play-off game. Gronk owned Chase Young 1v1. Now that is a #3 pick TE

What a TE does depends on scheme and philosophy of the program. It sounds like Akron used the TE as an Extra Tackle.

Ideally IMO, you want 3 TE's w/ diverse skill sets. The phins are a decent example....

Gesicki is the receiving TE who can be lined up in multiple positions, Smythe is the Inline blocking TE, Shaheen is the jack of all trades i.e. Novacek (see post #36)

Yeah. Itā€™s more about creating mismatches and Pitts may be the biggest mismatch in the whole draft.
I agree and think we should add another WR in the draft. Obviously, Waddle and perhaps Smith will be gone at #18. If we had to wait and draft a WR later, who would you target to complement our WR room if we took Pitts?

I agree and think we should add another WR in the draft. Obviously, Waddle and perhaps Smith will be gone at #18. If we had to wait and draft a WR later, who would you target to complement our WR room if we took Pitts?
Amari Rodgers or Dā€™Wane Eskridge.

Well we are going to have board meltdown when the Fins trade down to #8 or 9 and Pitts is already gone.
They are not going to pass up a trade that will bring back 2 2nd round picks. Thats too much value not to accept.
At #8 Kiper has them taking Waddle which makes sense. I have also seen that Slater might be in play if the Fins think he is as good as Sewell which some teams do.

Well we are going to have board meltdown when the Fins trade down to #8 or 9 and Pitts is already gone.
They are not going to pass up a trade that will bring back 2 2nd round picks. Thats too much value not to accept.
At #8 Kiper has them taking Waddle which makes sense. I have also seen that Slater might be in play if the Fins think he is as good as Sewell which some teams do.
What gives you the idea they can only get back two second round picks for 8 or 9th? Thatā€™s not a kings ransom youd love to move back 5 or 6 spots!

If a team offers us 2 second rd picks and swap from 3 to 8, thatā€™s crazy to pass up. Thatā€™s a unrealistic scenario In my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom