If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is?

Pitts has the potential to be a nightmare for teams. All the top four receivers in this draft are big time threats. You are talking about potentially the next Marvin Harrison (Smith), Tyreek Hill, or better as a route runner (Waddle), Larry Fitzgerald (Chase).

And in Pitts you have the most versatile receiver ... a player who can be a Mike Evans playing as an X receiver or move in to TE and will be as good a receiving TE as Waller or Kelce. He may not block quite as well but is adequate. Better than Gesicki easy.

If we could trade to 8 and land any one of those four while picking up extra picks we should be so lucky.

I think the most likely to drop is Smith bec of the weight (even though I don’t see that as a problem, a lot of GMs will) and bec he is not likely to run. I guess he is a 4.45-4.5 guy - he apparently ran a 4.52 last year? But he’s so quick with sick moves and such a polished route runner, along with phenomenal hands, I don’t think it matters that much.

Pitts has the potential to be a nightmare for teams. All the top four receivers in this draft are big time threats. You are talking about potentially the next Marvin Harrison (Smith), Tyreek Hill, or better as a route runner (Waddle), Larry Fitzgerald (Chase).

And in Pitts you have the most versatile receiver ... a player who can be a Mike Evans playing as an X receiver or move in to TE and will be as good a receiving TE as Waller or Kelce. He may not block quite as well but is adequate. Better than Gesicki easy.

If we could trade to 8 and land any one of those four while picking up extra picks we should be so lucky.

I think the most likely to drop is Smith bec of the weight (even though I don’t see that as a problem, a lot of GMs will) and bec he is not likely to run. I guess he is a 4.45-4.5 guy - he apparently ran a 4.52 last year? But he’s so quick with sick moves and such a polished route runner, along with phenomenal hands, I don’t think it matters that much.
Well put! Kudos! Smith may be there at 18 if we're a bit lucky!

Smith is fast enough and he has the fastest change of direction. He can really sink his hips and change direction on a dime.

Smith is fast enough and he has the fastest change of direction. He can really sink his hips and change direction on a dime.
yeah at 150lbs... chicken **** phony refused to work out after bloating himself up to 170!

LOL

Hard pass on that!

Pitts is "authentic" and a vastly superior physical specimen / football player!

IMO. Of course.

Last edited:
No argument here. Devonta Smith is amazing.

Some whispers though that Jaylen Waddle's play-speed GPS data is off the charts good, so that's why some teams may be fascinated with him more than Devonta Smith.

And I'd be fascinated with Kyle Pitts because, who wouldn't be fascinated by literally the best prospect most evaluators have ever seen at his position?

No argument here. Devonta Smith is amazing.

Some whispers though that Jaylen Waddle's play-speed GPS data is off the charts good, so that's why some teams may be fascinated with him more than Devonta Smith.

And I'd be fascinated with Kyle Pitts because, who wouldn't be fascinated by literally the best prospect most evaluators have ever seen at his position?
Pitts and Smith is who I want first two picks..
Would love Waddle,but he might be out of reach.

I would really like to know what weight Smith actually played at this year.

It is not unfair to wonder if he has "bulked up" to 170 for the Draft and now does not want to run at that weight.

Maybe he played at 170 and that is what he will be in the NFL but his stance of not doing anything at the "Combine" and Pro Days(and the Senior Bowl)open him up for speculation and questions.

It is going to be interesting to see what the Fins actually do with #6 and who will be there when they pick.

It is possible(if not likely)that the first 4 picks will be QB's and then Cincy takes Sewell or trades to a team who takes a 5th QB!

The Fins might be sitting there with their choice of all the non QB's or at least all the pass catchers.

And if a QB or two is still on the board at #6 they might be able to move down to #8 or #9 and add even more draft ammo and still get a top WR.

I think the reason Devonta weighs 170 lbs. is because he weighs 170 lbs. He's been completely transparent with the NFL and the scouting community for years on his measurements at Alabama. It may not seem transparent to you because you're a fan. You're on the outside looking in. The scouts have been measuring up and even testing those Alabama boys for a couple years now. There's nothing they really don't know. They also have access to GPS data from on-field and it's already making some of the testing data obsolete.

Back
Top Bottom