If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you are sick of hearing how great Pitts is?

I think the reason Devonta weighs 170 lbs. is because he weighs 170 lbs. He's been completely transparent with the NFL and the scouting community for years on his measurements at Alabama. It may not seem transparent to you because you're a fan. You're on the outside looking in. The scouts have been measuring up and even testing those Alabama boys for a couple years now. There's nothing they really don't know. They also have access to GPS data from on-field and it's already making some of the testing data obsolete.
Yeah the nextgen stats site really only shows the very tip of the iceberg when it comes to what they can do... testing for 40 yards times and a couple of change of direction drills is kind of useless when you have access to the data they have.

I have no doubt that Smith isn't hiding anything and that Miami has been in contact with Alabama all year. I see Smith as Occam's razor. He's been the obvious target for a long time. And just like when Tua was the obvious target, the team has been keeping tabs on him all year. I recall when Flores was asked about Smith's weight at the Senior Bowl. I thought his reaction was quick and genuine. His face and tone seemed to say, 'anybody who worries about that is an idiot and doesn't understand football'. His words matched the sentiment too. He stated, "if you can play, you can play".

Although I do think that Waddle's speed and reported NextGen stats as well as Pitts freakish unicorn ability make them compelling considerations as well.

Back
Top Bottom