If you could have ANY college player right now, who would it be? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you could have ANY college player right now, who would it be?

I have to second the comments about Reggie Bush. He is the most explosive player to set foot on a football field since Michael Vick. He has the same type of acceleration and change of direction ability. Bush is a freak. They don't come around very often. Oh, and he can catch the ball and return kicks.

He is the reason USC went undefeated, and he is the reason they will be tough to beat this year.

Ronnie Brown or the runningback from Oklahoma (i forgot his name) :D

What about willie williams on pure potential alone. this is not my pick juss throwin a name. my pick would be eric winston of Football U

Da 'Fins said:
You HAVE to be kidding. If ANYONE is a product of the system and unbelievable talent around him, it's Matt Leinart (#3 on your list). You must not watch much USC football. I watch them a lot.

Same goes for Peterson - what did he do when he was against a good team? Got bottled up. Peterson was a horse, but he hasn't shown breakaway speed.

Bush - let me tell you something - how on earth can you say a "product of the system?" Did you see him play?

This guy has the most dominant, breakaway speed and the most phenomenal cutting ability in the open field I've seen in ten years. And, I watch college football pretty religiously. He has spectacular speed and he has tremendous moves!

Sorry, but your comment screams ignorance of the player.

I didn't say he wasn't dominant. However, his game does not translate to the NFL.

Hey, if you want another Warrick Dunn, you draft him. But thank God you aren't the GM of our team.

Bush is 195 pounds. He could not take the beating of the NFL. Let me see, hmm...What's tougher, going against Pac 10 linebackers, or the likes of Zach Thomas, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, etc...at 195 POUNDS!!!

Bush may be electric, but his game DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO THE NFL.

...and you calling my knowledge "ignorant" to ANY college player is like calling the Pope "ignorant" to the Catholic Religion. Not trying to toot my own horn, but I study these guys year in and year out.

Bush will be a change of pace back in the NFL when he gets drafted.

If it were ANYONE currently in the NCAA, it'd be Adrian Peterson, if it had to be a guy that was coming out next year, Matt Leinert or Reggie Bush, I can't freakin decide, Matt is my favorite player besides Adrian that is in the NCAA right now, and we DESPERATELY need a QB, but Reggie is just sick, period, that guy can freakin run.

Reggie Bush translates to the NFL. We are not talking about a jitter bug with good speed and change of direction. We are talking about a player who can go from zero to 60 faster than anyone else in the league. We are talking about a player who can split out or take the ball from behind center.

Bush is only a sophomore and he already has an excellent build. He will continue to grow as his final season in the NCAA comes to an end.

Reggie Bush is falling into the same steriotype that Ronnie Brown did. See, Ronnie Brown was so unselfish and talented, that Auburn could move him all over the field and did not have to put one of their other talented tailbacks on the bench. Bush is in the same situation. The Trojans have LenDale White among other who can carry the load. That allows them to move Bush all over the field and destroy defenses.

I am not sure, however I would be Bush is at least 5'9 and 205 pounds right now. If he is 5'10, I would guess he is about 210 or bigger. This is not a kid with a small build. He knows where the weight room is and he uses it.

It is very very early, but if I had to guess I would thing Bush is going to be very highly thought of when he turns pro.

not in any order...

Vince Young
Adrian Peterson
Mike Hart
Dbricashaw Fergeson
Marcus McNeil
Andrew Witworth
Eric Winston
Chris Leak

Joneal7 said:
not in any order...

Vince Young
Adrian Peterson
Mike Hart
Dbricashaw Fergeson
Marcus McNeil
Andrew Witworth
Eric Winston
Chris Leak

VINCE YOUNG, good ol' Longhorn!

Wow, I TOTALLY forgot about Chris Leak, I'd still take Leinert over him, but he isn't too far behind........

Ghetti13 said:
Reggie Bush translates to the NFL. We are not talking about a jitter bug with good speed and change of direction. We are talking about a player who can go from zero to 60 faster than anyone else in the league. We are talking about a player who can split out or take the ball from behind center.

Bush is only a sophomore and he already has an excellent build. He will continue to grow as his final season in the NCAA comes to an end.

Reggie Bush is falling into the same steriotype that Ronnie Brown did. See, Ronnie Brown was so unselfish and talented, that Auburn could move him all over the field and did not have to put one of their other talented tailbacks on the bench. Bush is in the same situation. The Trojans have LenDale White among other who can carry the load. That allows them to move Bush all over the field and destroy defenses.

I am not sure, however I would be Bush is at least 5'9 and 205 pounds right now. If he is 5'10, I would guess he is about 210 or bigger. This is not a kid with a small build. He knows where the weight room is and he uses it.

It is very very early, but if I had to guess I would thing Bush is going to be very highly thought of when he turns pro.

i dont know who the 'gitter bug' is your talking about , its not peterson, he runs people over and power's through tackles.

Ghetti13 said:
Leak does not have a great arm. Its average to below average which is going to hurt him at the next level.

then why is he in a pass heavy offense?... really, don't comment on players you don't know about, his arm is great and with the new lightning-quick release Meyer just taught him he should be great

Don't comment on players I don't know about? Isn't that an ignorant presumption. So, just because he is in a pass heavy offense that makes him have a good arm? Maybe you should not talk period, cause you obviously know little about the game of football. Do you want me to go through all of the college quarterbacks in pass heavy systems that could not make it in the NFL? You might want to make a little stronger argument next time you try to tell someone else not to give their opinion.

Also, his release is also a problem. Lightning quick?

I don't know about Reggie Bush because he's was inly a Freshman and i would want to wait to see what he does atleast next year before i would take him

Ghetti13 said:
Don't comment on players I don't know about? Isn't that an ignorant presumption. So, just because he is in a pass heavy offense that makes him have a good arm? Maybe you should not talk period, cause you obviously know little about the game of football. Do you want me to go through all of the college quarterbacks in pass heavy systems that could not make it in the NFL? You might want to make a little stronger argument next time you try to tell someone else not to give their opinion.

Also, his release is also a problem. Lightning quick?

I wouldn't go as far as saying "lightning quick", but Urban Meyer IS teaching him a new release on the ball. Actually, in this week's SI there is an article on it and it says his release itself wasn't really the problem, like arm speed wise, it was that leak OVER analyzed plays so he held on too long, and that is what they have been working on.

Back
Top Bottom