"If you don't report, you're sitting out baby. We're not playing you.'' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"If you don't report, you're sitting out baby. We're not playing you.''

Didn't he claim to have lost 30 million that season? Unbelieveable!! I went to 4 playoff games including game 7 (my only WS game) and I mean the tickets were expensive, the parking was expensive, the food was expensive . . . the merchandise was expensive . . . and he was doing this sellin out Dolphins Stadium (70,000+) every game in the playoffs. Merchandis flying off the shelves . . . I don't get it, there was no way he could have lost that season . . . maybe he did, but he messed me up for a minute by selling of the team like that.

With that being said, he has ALWAYS taken care of the Dolphins, and is one of the better owners in the league.

Bonilla, Sheffield, Clif Floyd, Devon White, Moises Alou, Edgar Renteria, Conine "the original Marlin", Luis Castillo, Charles Johnson, Kevin Brown, Rob Nen, and the man who gave me my screen name, mi hermano, my fellow cuban- Livan Hernandez "I luv ju Miami!"... whata team.

I don't know how he lost money but I always argued he would have made it all back the following year.

Oh well. Can't put a price on the memories.

My grandparents never missed a game that year. Now at ages 81 & 98 they haven't seen a game since, not even the 2003 season.

I know I'll never really forgive Wayne for breaking my grandparents hearts but I can live with it as long as he keeps on doing everything he can for the Phins.

So you think we're going to draft another 5'11 CB that runs in the 4.4s? We have one already.

I could see a 2nd or 3rd round CB but Mueller not only has to make an impact with the first pick in the draft he has to make a statement.

I'd be willing to bet all my phin dollars that our first pick in this year's draft will be on offense.

We havent really done much with the offense this offseason so I agree. They are waiting to biuld the offense through the draft and I would bet money that not only the first pick, but the majority of our picks will go to offense

The CBs in this draft are good but none of them are great IMO and thus should not be taken in the top 10. I don't think there is a ligitimate shut down corner in this draft.

The CBs in this draft are good but none of them are great IMO and thus should not be taken in the top 10. I don't think there is a ligitimate shut down corner in this draft.

You dont think Hall is a shutdown corner?

Jason Allen...

After reading the following comment by Wayne Huizenga, I'm starting to think that maybe the reason Jason Allen didn't start a game for us last year was not because he's not talented enough... I think Wayne made an example of him. If you think about it, he said before last season that the draftee's should report on time or will pay the price... I think he followed through on that promise. Just as he says, he thinks the 'Fins need to set the tone and example for this...

" Q. Can you discuss your stated policy about signing the first-round pick by the start of training camp.A. I got all the guys mad at me at my shop, I can tell you that, because if he ain't there, he ain't playing this year, that's all there is to it. And it's not a matter of money. Because you know if the guy before you gets this and the guy behind you gets that, you can tell where it is. Everybody knows where it's going to fall within a few dollars. So it's not about money. The first pick, the second pick, the third pick, you can look at last year what everybody made and obviously its going to be a little bit more this year. So it's not about money. It's about agents more than it is about money. . . . So that's what bothers me. The agent wants to look good, so it's important. We made that mistake two years in a row and Ronnie [Brown] didn't come out and play right away and last year we can't have that. . . . We're willing to write the check, but they have to get their [butts] in here and that's all there is to it. We're going to be one of the teams that kind of sets the tone. If you don't report, you're sitting out baby. We're not playing you. "

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/55254.html

You dont think Hall is a shutdown corner?

He isn't your typical shutdown corner, no. I think he'll be a fine fit for the right defense (he's more of a zone coverage guy), but in terms of shutdown corners, you have to take a look at Houston or McCauley. Both, however, have some question marks attached to them (Houston is rather small and McCauley struggled a lot in his senior year).

Thats why you shouldn't be surprised when the Dolphins select a corner in the first round....the Dolphins corners are bad...to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised. We still do not have that shutdown corner. A shutdown corner would be the last piece to the puzzle that I think makes our defense perfect.

He isn't your typical shutdown corner, no. I think he'll be a fine fit for the right defense (he's more of a zone coverage guy), but in terms of shutdown corners, you have to take a look at Houston or McCauley. Both, however, have some question marks attached to them (Houston is rather small and McCauley struggled a lot in his senior year).

I dont know much about the corners in this draft but remember, we got Surtain and Madison both in the 2nd round. MAybe we can find another diamond in the rough

I dont know much about the corners in this draft but remember, we got Surtain and Madison both in the 2nd round. MAybe we can find another diamond in the rough

It's certainly possible. I actually like Houston and McCauley a lot (I do like Hall as well; he's just not a shutdown corner) and I'd take a close look at them if they were available in the 2nd round - although I suspect that Houston will be gone by then.

At #9, I'd predict either Brown, Carriker or Branch right now, with the possibility of moving up for Quinn.

I don't think he sat as an example. If you do that you make it public why so there is some embarassment to the agent and player. Otherwise what have you gained? You only hurt your team. Wayne said this last year and nothing happened. Maybe it was because Saban didn't care what he said. I think the holdout of draft picks is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. You get drafted in April - camp starts in July. You have 3 months! You are slotted and the pay is pretty much set based on the previous year. Why do people wait until July to START negotiating. Get ur done in May!! Makes zero sense. I blame RB and Allen as well as the agents though. IF they wanted to be in camp they should have told their agent to get them there. The agent works for them. The money part is set - the holdout may get them another flat screen maybe but if they wanted to play ball they should have gotten a deal done before camp. The players need to be held accountable! The agents work for them.

I blame RB and Allen as well as the agents though.

Rather blame Saban instead. At least in the case of Jason Allen. Up until the end they offered him a contract that was significantly worse than what other players got at that position (it was even worse than Ty Hill's, who got drafted after Allen). That's not a sensible thing to do and if I were Allen, I'd have insisted on the same kind of contract as well. Don't try to lowball your first round picks.

It's not going to happen. He says the same thing every year.
If you want them on the field, try getting the deal done sooner.

Wayne needs to just shut up with that signing/sitting crap. It didn't make a bit of difference last year. I think agents take it as a challenge. If you're not playing a top ten pick (other than rookie QB), then you probably wasted your pick. Let your negotiators do their job.

I feel we need to draft mostly D. I would hate for our offense to be where our D is two years from now and not have the guys left on D to win. The secondary is where we need 1st day picks. The rest of the draft can go to offense and depth at D. Darrelle Revis is a beast and we could trade down and still get him while getting more picks. HB Blades would be a great 2nd round pick and be the answer to Zach in a couple years. I think he is as good or better than Willis and you dont have to use a 1st rounder. Willis at #9 is a serious reach anyway. Both the safeties from the U and UF would be great picks in the 20's.

We do need to use one of those first or 2nd round picks on a QB though. The only areas I feel we need to address on offense are QB and OL. We could use another receiver but a 2nd day pick would be fine. I like that kid from Lane College that is projected to go round 5.

Back
Top Bottom