If You Had Steve Ross's Undivided Attention For 2Minutes... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If You Had Steve Ross's Undivided Attention For 2Minutes...

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe alone in an elevator between floors or whatever.. what would say to him?

Me:
  • I'd beseech him to lay down an ultimatum to the Regime forbidding them from trading high draft picks for temporary band-aid fixes.
  • Next would be to request his people keep track of the ongoing league average ratio of FGs to TDs while informing Tony that among other performance criteria, his job status will be evaluated based on how high above or below that ratio the offense's scoring nets out.
  • Finally I would urge him to never again mess with Autumn 1PM home game rescheduling emphasizing that it's one of the team's advantages.

You?

I would tell him -

"When you hire the next regime, please hire a General Manager and Head Coach who understand the importance of the QB in today's NFL and make sure they make the position a priority, not an afterthought."

I'd skip the small talk and just beat the immortal **** out of that big eared freak.

what makes you so sure that when the door opened, you wouldn't be the crumpled bloody mess left sprawled on the floor? :up:

If I had his undivided attention for 2 mins I would:

Kick him in the shins for 2 mins straights for not firing T.S and Company.
Chubbs

I'd suggest he get rid of his current HC before courting a new one...but if he doesnt and it blows up in his face, fire the guy anyway and promote Nolan.

I would tell him, "for the good of the organization that he needs to give ownership of the team to myself". Then we would be Rockin' and Rollin':D

1. (Appear to support his team in public better.) Put on a better front of supporting his coaches and team even if he is attempting to overhaul the current staff in the background.
2. Bring back the home field advantage of those 1 pm games early in the year.

I would convince him that the Lombardi play would be very motivational for him as an owner.

I'd ask him for real estate & biz advice ... so I could afford season tickets & gear!!

Maybe alone in an elevator between floors or whatever.. what would say to him?

Me:
  • Finally I would urge him to never again mess with Autumn 1PM home game rescheduling emphasizing that it's one of the team's advantages.

You?

I would do the same on this point, reinstitute 1pm September and October home games. I know it's unpleasant for the crowd but it's a source of winning and having the team be sh-tty is way more unpleasant than the heat.

The only other one I'd add would be to appeal to the business sense in him on the idea that future draft picks are worth less than present ones. I'd demonstrate for him that a large portion of the league are under an elementary school, totally misguided assumption that a present 2nd round pick is worth a future 1st round pick, that a present 3rd is worth a future 2nd, etc. I would show him how the Patriots over the last decade have continuously and deliberately taken advantage of this totally stupid belief held by many teams around the league in order to have an embarrassment of draft picks every year. Therefore, I don't care how much you think you NEED this 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick in this year's Draft, because you're under the similarly misguided notion that rookie 2nd-3rd rounders help make your team better...every time you have the opportunity to trade a present pick for a significantly higher future one, you should DO IT. No questions asked, and rarely should you make an exception. If there is ONE thing I could press onto Stephen Ross, it would be for him to fashion an owners directive at his General Manager to do exactly that. I'd even give up the 1pm game issue if he'd just adopt this policy.

Other than those two points, I really don't mind what he's been doing. He went to go talk to Harbaugh. Good. He should have. Harbaugh's a great coaching candidate. My only complaint there was he flew back from California without Harbaugh in hand. Otherwise it seems to me that Ross is just biding his time until Cowher and some other quality coaching candidates become available. Some of those guys held back because of the CBA/lockout issue, same as Andrew Luck.

1. Fix the Stadium to give the home team the advantage it had in the Orange bowl, bring the seat much closer to the field.

2. Games at 1:00pm is an advantage to the Miami Dolphins, the heat is not what is keeping fans from the seats, win consistantly, and it could be 120 degrees, and the stadium would still be full every game...like it used to be when Miami was winning.

3. Don't let fans influence you on players or coaches, but be smart, if Henne fails this year, expect #1 priority next year will be to get a franchise QB, if the team fails, Coaches that did not do thier part, are done (Including and especially HC), if the players brought in here this year (draft/FA) fail, a new GM will be needed for next year.

I would emplore him to hire me and pay me 500K year to be the Offensive Coordinator. Then watch my beloved Finheaven members rip me apart in the succeeding weeks.

Sell the team to someone who understands the football business. The Steelers, Patriots, Giants (to name a few) are consistently successful because of good ownership.

I'll never question his passion but like Huzienga who was deeply passionate about the Dolphins, he has to rely on the words of people around him that may not be the best suited to running a franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would ask him why he bothered to buy a team with a fanbase that is as unforgiving as any other in the NFL.

I hate these threads. The guy hasn't been the owner for two years and you guys are already treating him like the Browns in Cincinnati, the Fords in Detroit, etc. He hasn't done nearly enough yet to be ranked as a good or bad owner in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom