IF you had to choose ONE WR...WHO would it be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF you had to choose ONE WR...WHO would it be?

Which WR if you could only choose ONE?

• Amari Cooper

Votes: 184 53.2%
  • Kevin White

Votes: 65 18.8%
  • Devante Parker

Votes: 41 11.8%
  • Jaelen Strong

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Breshad Perriman

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Phillip Dorsett

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • Rashad Greene

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dorial Green-Beckham

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • Devin Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nelson Agholor

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Sammie Coates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Devin Funchess

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
- If the Dolphins were 100% certain going to draft a WR, who would you want it to be??

- Many people will probably select Amari Cooper by shear talent...but I remind them the cost to trade up. I think there can be arguments made for other WR's.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

As for me, I pick Phillip Dorsett This is why:

I love that he has grown up here, this is home. He has bled here. He has always trained here and is used to the humidity. Hes has never gotten in trouble here and so its obviously a good environment for him. He is surrounded by family and friends. This will all translate to and advantage to transitioning to the pros. Plus it would be fulfilling his dream - hes a Dolphins fan. He will replace Mike Wallace just fine. It doesn't hurt that he can run a 4.25 40 either. Thats enticing. He appears to have excellent work ethic. As you can tell I am a Seminoles fan. But I grew up a Dolphins fan first...so I can ignore the tie to the U.

This would be my pick even though the Amari Cooper is tempting...I just think we can do other things with our 1st and Phillip Dorsett would replace Mike Wallace just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
- All things considered!!!

- Keep in mind everything - from the cost of trading up - to the value of finding a gem later. Who would you pick???

- Who are you most loyal to? Feel free to discuss why you pick that player below.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

As for me, I pick Phillip Dorsett because I love that he has grown up here, has bled here and I think this would be fulfilling his dream to play here! This is home. Plus he has grown up a Miami Dolphins fan.

It doesn't hurt that he can run a 4.25 40yd either.

I'm not a Canes fan...this may surprise you. As you can tell I am a Seminoles fan. But I grew up a Dolphins fan first. This would be my pick even though the Amari Cooper is tempting...

Amari Cooper grew up here too. Went to Miami Northwestern with Bridgewater

its amari cooper hands down. the dude is ready day one. fits this offense to a tee.

btw, I am just realizing this. I was never one to push for a WR, but clearly there is nothing to worry about with this guy.

obviously cooper if I had to pick one, but im not sure id trade up for any wr with our roster gaps

Amari Cooper grew up here too. Went to Miami Northwestern with Bridgewater

I actually didn't know that...wow. Makes me suddenly like Cooper even more. Points made for him I understand...but I still prefer Phillip Dorsett.

Perhaps its just the little kid in me - that wished I could play in the NFL one day, and also how cool it would be to represent home. I am rooting for him. It would be a cool story if he turns out to be a special Phin.

Perriman at 14 if I had to pick a receiver. Not moving up. I do like some of the receivers that could be there in the 2nd round, however. Some of these receivers that could go in the 2nd round...Coates, DGB or Agholor are very interesting.

If I had to pick between all the WRs without considering the compensation of possibly having to trade up its obvious if go with cooper.

- If the Dolphins were 100% certain going to draft a WR, who would you want it to be??

- Many people will probably select Amari Cooper by shear talent...but I remind them the cost to trade up. I think there can be arguments made for other WR's.

As for me, I pick Phillip Dorsett This is why:

I love that he has grown up here, this is home. He has bled here. He has always trained here and is used to the humidity. Hes has never gotten in trouble here and so its obviously a good environment for him. He is surrounded by family and friends. This will all translate to and advantage to transitioning to the pros. Plus it would be fulfilling his dream - hes a Dolphins fan. He will replace Mike Wallace just fine. It doesn't hurt that he can run a 4.25 40 either. Thats enticing. He appears to have excellent work ethic. As you can tell I am a Seminoles fan. But I grew up a Dolphins fan first...so I can ignore the tie to the U.

This would be my pick even though the Amari Cooper is tempting...I just think we can do other things with our 1st and Phillip Dorsett would replace Mike Wallace just fine.

I like dorsett but id go with him only if the big 3 arent there at 14. Then i take a corner at 14 as Grimes is getting older and might be released next year. Id dont think wr is as big of a problem as people think. Id be comfortable going into the season with landry, stills, matthews and cameron. Worse case we pick up a free agent wr like jennings, nicks. Anything else besides that is just an extra coating of sugar. Cb is more of a concern not only now but in the future. Our only sure talent will be 33 next year year and making around 9 million. Atleast at wr we have young guys that have shown potential for the present and future, something i cant say about cb.

If Perriman is there he has the highest upside of all these receivers, his drop problem is way overrated and you would not have to give up picks to snag him.

for miami specifically

cooper
white
parker
green
perriman
lockett
mcbride/lewis

the only other one i got to decide on is nelson agholar who could slot in before or after lockett i suspect but i havent gotten far enough into his tape...

these are the only top 4 round pick wrs on my board...the last 2 are projects

with stills here smith and dorsett came off my board...

for miami specifically

cooper
white
parker
green
perriman
lockett
mcbride/lewis

the only other one i got to decide on is nelson agholar who could slot in before or after lockett i suspect but i havent gotten far enough into his tape...

these are the only top 4 round pick wrs on my board...the last 2 are projects

with stills here smith and dorsett came off my board...

Why no Dorsett?

White.

All we have to do is start some convincing drug rumors so he falls to #14

White.

All we have to do is start some convincing drug rumors so he falls to #14

I guess I'll start. I saw kevin white snorting coke off of a toilet seat in a buffalo wild wings in Charlotte last month.

Yes lets get the rumor mill going that White has been doing White stuff so he slips to 14!

Back
Top Bottom