If you haven't seen Matt Araiza you need to check him out. Would look good as a Miami Dolphin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you haven't seen Matt Araiza you need to check him out. Would look good as a Miami Dolphin

I would not draft a punter before R5 especially now that the NFL has almost removed the kick return from the game and will be going after punt returns next.

But the kid has the most entertainment value in the entire draft.

I would not draft a punter before R5 especially now that the NFL has almost removed the kick return from the game and will be going after punt returns next.

But the kid has the most entertainment value in the entire draft.
They won't be removing punting from the game. This kid can completely flip the field position with 1 punt.

They won't be removing punting from the game. This kid can completely flip the field position with 1 punt.
I am not saying they will remove punting but i expect them to tweak the rules somewhat.

The stats say that punt returns do not produce the injuries that kick returns do so maybe they will leave punting alone.

I don't think there has been enough talk about Araiza. He is a true outlier.

i hope he goes to Denver where he will unleash end zone to end zone bombs.

I got to revive this thread. Did you see that two punters were selected in the 4th and neither were Araiza? Insane. I wonder how punter scouting works that he'd fall to the 6th. Maybe he has small hands or his hips aren't fluid enough, lol.

I got to revive this thread. Did you see that two punters were selected in the 4th and neither were Araiza? Insane. I wonder how punter scouting works that he'd fall to the 6th. Maybe he has small hands or his hips aren't fluid enough, lol.

There’s more to punting than just being able to boot it 75 yards and further.

I haven’t scouted any punters and don’t care to, but I have read that Araiza hasn’t shown to be especially prolific at short punting or pinning teams deep.

If true, my guess is that has something to do with it.

There’s more to punting than just being able to boot it 75 yards and further.

I haven’t scouted any punters and don’t care to, but I have read that Araiza hasn’t shown to be especially prolific at short punting or pinning teams deep.

If true, my guess is that has something to do with it.

That makes sense.

Let me just fix that for you so you can get more upvotes: "is not fluid out of his kicks and leans too much into the outer side of the foot, leading to poor angling and inconsistent placement. Gets distracted by cheerleaders at times". 😂

His % of punts that were touch backs was way too high.

The Penn State kid who was the 1st punter taken had incredible field position stats and was incredible at pinning the team inside the 20 or 10.

Araiza is still more fun to watch.

Too bad he went to Buffalo.

His % of punts that were touch backs was way too high.

The Penn State kid who was the 1st punter taken had incredible field position stats and was incredible at pinning the team inside the 20 or 10.

Araiza is still more fun to watch.

Too bad he went to Buffalo.

Kickers are just way too hard to predict and even the seemingly good ones can become average or bad quickly.

After his freshman season at Alabama I thought JK Scott was destined to be a phenomenal punter. That kid seemingly nailed everything inside the 10.

He‘s struggling to stay in the league now.

Araiza in the news this week because of an 82 (net 62) yard punt.

I'm still a little bummed we didn't take him, hoping he develops some accuracy issues and is out of the league soon. I'm guessing 7-8 years from now he might still be in Buffalo.

We will see how much the kid like the wind and cold.

Buffalo is a long way from bucolic San Diego.

I hate that he went to Buffalo, I wanted to cheer for the kid's exploits even if he wasn't a Dolphin.

But it could be worse, he could have gone to NE.

You’d think that his low line drives with his cannon leg would be the perfect fit for cutting through the winds. It’s the high punts that get taken.

Back
Top Bottom