If you think the Dolphins Organization is confused.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you think the Dolphins Organization is confused....

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Read this............Gibss must really dislike Ramsey

Redskins | Gibbs Considering Dilfer - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:24:42 -0800

Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs is considering other veteran quarterbacks who could be obtained in a trade, including Seattle Seahawks QB Trent Dilfer.

Redskins | Gibbs Considering Garcia - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:24:17 -0800

Jody Foldesy, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs is considering other veteran quarterbacks who could be obtained in a trade, including San Francisco 49ers QB Jeff Garcia.

WTF is going on in Washington?? I thought we were confused. I guess we have some competition on who's more lost.

if they trade Ramsey (to us) or do not sign Brunell, they need a backup plan... I don't think it is that unusual, especially since it puts pressure on Brunell

I just don't understand what the hell Washington is doing. Man this is really gonna piss Ramesy off. I hope we trade for him.:tongue:

I don't care for Ramsey, I would rather have Rivers/Henson or believe it or not, Fiedler.

Gibbs is just trying to bring Brunell's price down. Brunell wants to be in Miami so he probably gave Gibbs and Snyderbrenner a really high number to ponder for a contract extension. If they are willing to pay a ridiculous price, then Miami has no chance. Clearly they looking at other options, so Miami's chances are getting better.

Brunell is coming to town soon, so we can expect news from the Dolphins front office on potential extension negotiations and compensation to Jacksonville.

If so, then why would we offer our first round pick to Washington for Ramsey. This is all so confusing.

What's so confusing about it? Gibbs wants an experienced veteran QB on the roster, someone Ramsey and Hasselbeck could learn from. They don't have one on their roster as of yet. That's why he talked to Brunell. And with Brunell wanting to be named the starter instead of competing for it, Gibbs is now talking to other veteran QBs who might be available.

Ramsey has been in the league for 2 years now. Sitting on the bench any longer won't help him. Gibbs is obviously on crack, and needs to go back to the hospital for an MRI.

Gibbs knows what he is doing. Can you fault him for wanting a vertern QB to groom the younger QBs? Plus, maybe he just doesnt like what he see's in Ramsey now & thinks he needs to be groomed more before becoming a full-time starter.

Originally posted by fins4o8
Gibbs knows what he is doing. Can you fault him for wanting a vertern QB to groom the younger QBs? Plus, maybe he just doesnt like what he see's in Ramsey now & thinks he needs to be groomed more before becoming a full-time starter.

Does Washington really have a chance in 2004 to go far into the playoffs?? NO, so why get a Brunell when you have a kid that has been playing for 2 years now, just to sit him on the bench?? It's stupid. Washington is 2-3 years away from being a power house again. Bruce Smith is old. Champ Baily is a FA, Stephen Davis is GONE, and ALL of their WRs suck.

Originally posted by chambers84

Does Washington really have a chance in 2004 to go far into the playoffs?? NO, so why get a Brunell when you have a kid that has been playing for 2 years now, just to sit him on the bench?? It's stupid. Washington is 2-3 years away from being a power house again. Bruce Smith is old. Champ Baily is a FA, Stephen Davis is GONE, and ALL of their WRs suck.

On paper the Skins dont have a chance to go the the playsoffs but you just never know. Looking at the Panthers on paper, can u really say they were headed to the SB?

I didnt say anything about Brunnell. I said veteran QB, that could be anyone. maybe thats what u meant when u say "a Brunnell", do u mean any veteran QB? just wanted to be clear.

Like i stated earlier, there could be a possibility that Gibbs doesnt like what he see's in Ramsey at this time. Other possibility is Gibbs doesnt think Ramsey will fit his system. Not every QB is right for a particular system. There are so many possibilities right now since its way too early.

I'm a native Washingtonian myself but I've bled Miami Dolphins football since 1982.Gibbs is a genius and I give credit to where it is due so he's not on crack he knows exactly what he's doing.Gibbs isn't the rah rah type of coach that discusses X's and O's and basically snitching to the media about playbooks,etc.He's a laid back coach but at the same time a disciplinarian who will absolutely take no s**t from anyone.KEEP IN MIND THAT HE HAS 3 SUPER BOWL RINGS WITH HIS FIRST ONE UNFORTUNATELY AT THE EXPENSE OF MY BELOVED DOLPHINS.ALSO BE AWARE THAT ALL 3 RINGS WERE WON WITH DIFFERENT QB'S under center Theismann,Doug Williams,Mark Rypien all in that order so whomever the Starting QB is won't mean a damn thing to him.Gibbs is legendary for blowing smoke up people azzes and setting up smokescreens so that the media interprets his actions one way completely different than his own.He thrives on "blue collar players" so that his system is effectively run.Now onto Ramsey I again have to give credit where it is due THE KID HAS BIG NUTZ judging and observing all the punishment he took this past season and except for JT's season ending sack/tackle he'd take a beating and kept getting up for more THAT SPELLS LEADER IN MY BOOK.Anytime you have your signal caller constantly get the crap hit out of him but yet he maintains his poise and toughness and still plays hurt (HOW MANY OF THESE HIGH PAID PRIMA DONNAS WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY HURT??? EVEN OUR OWN FOOTBALL TEAM HAS A FEW).I think what us fans seem to forget is that LEADERS ARE BORN NOT COACHED.Ramsey IMO with the respect from his Offense can be a true leader something MIAMI HAS LACKED SINCE #13 (THE GOD) HUNG UP HIS CLEATS.

Back
Top Bottom