If You Were A Dolphin Player______ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If You Were A Dolphin Player______

They may be looking at losing their place on the team without being able to get on another team. If they have any brains at all they will be getting in shape mentally and physically. Somehow I have developed a fairly low opinion of many of the players in their ability to grow and improve their play.

What decent player on our roster is going to want to suffer through 4 years of garbage and then a whole new reset again??!!
I suppose there are some players that may feel that way, but that's part of the suck when rebuilding.

Get young fast, and you mitigate that affect. Players want to win, and at this level, they all have confidence in themselves. Hopefully, by the end of year two, we are trending up with a bullet,

Wonder which team will pay me the most?

Exactly. This is EVERY player's mentality. And it's not a selfish thing. They have agents and managers telling them they have a 3-10 year window to make enough money for their life (and their family's life if they come from a humble background and have dependents). Football is a cruel sport where you are cast aside once your body breaks down, so monetary self preservation is necessary.

Beyond that, if all things are equal? It's not as simple as "I want to be in the playoffs". A lot of people have wives and kids who wouldn't mind starting a life in the south florida sunshine.

How would you be feeling about right now??

If you are Ja'Wuan James do you even want a new deal here in Miami??

If you are X, will you now lean towards just playing out your contract year and testing free agency??

If you are Tunsil or his agent, do you even want an extension??

Does Wake even want to finish his career here in Miami any longer?? The 100 sacks; are they now meaningless to get here with the Dolphins?

If you are Robert Quinn, do want to be cut?? Will Branch and Kiko and Kilgore, and Larsen and others be rejoicing as they go out the door?

Reshad Jones was unhappy last year, how do you think he will feel this year?? This could be a worse debacle here in Miami than the Antonio Brown situation in Pittsburgh.

Will Sitton ask to be released or traded?

What if you are an NFL free agent?? Would you even let your agent field offers??

Well, considering that these players are adults, I would expect them to act like one. I would expect that they will wait to meet the man, see what staff he put together and see what his plans for the team are before acting like a petulant child about it.

I think many of us believe these players act like fans, they understand the nature of the game much better then we do and will act more like professionals.

I was thinking about what Wake's feelings must be earlier. I've never spoken to the guy personally, so frankly I don't really have a clue. But I'm hoping that a defensive minded coach might be what he wants to see. I'd love Wake to stay a part of the team and maybe look towards coaching when he's retired.

But if he's got one good year left in him, he'd be doing the right thing by going to a contender.

They may be looking at losing their place on the team without being able to get on another team. If they have any brains at all they will be getting in shape mentally and physically. Somehow I have developed a fairly low opinion of many of the players in their ability to grow and improve their play.
To be honest, I don't think they were in a situation that was conducive to growing, and improving as cohesive units. Let's face it, Gases offense NEVER consistent in any aspect. Our DC was in so far over his head his guys were getting roasted on a regular basis. I find it hard to believe most of the players had much respect for either one of the buffoons.

I hope the majority feel guilty for stealing money. As for James I could care less how he feels or where he ends up. If X had a better injury history I’d worry about him but I worry more about overpaying damaged goods than I do X walking.

Back
Top Bottom