If you were the one being drafted early... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you were the one being drafted early...

kizzaboo

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
in the 1st, wouldn't you want to be drafted by Miami? I thought of this for a bit and trying to keep my bias out of the thought, I still thought that Miami would be where I would want to end up. I mean, the weather is great, you have a new coach, new regime, new OC, new defensive scheme, new playbook, basicly a fresh start.. not to mention the great tradition, the talent already provided, and the promise that this team holds.:cooldude: :)

I just thought I would share a few words about this as we count the days to the draft. What about you?;)

It certainly seems like Miami is a great place to play, we sure do hear about free agents and players looking to be traded (I.E. Edge and Alexander) wanting to come and play for the Dolphins.

The thing about this team is that whilst at the bottom of the pack logistically, we're not as bad a team as it looks.

With the exception of Tennessee, the top 5 and possibly top 10 teams in this draft were still struggling season before last. However Tennessee looks a little stuck in the mud.

Not since before Saban signed on have we been a 4-12 team (Or were we 5-11? lol). Guys want to come here because they know if we just get 1/100th the talent a team likes San Fran needs, we're a contender!

at this point i am thinking about my Earning potential...i know i can make a team better...and to most rookies its not about winning the big one so soon, so i would want to go to the 49ers simply because my signing bonus would be out the wazoo

PhinSoldia said:
at this point i am thinking about my Earning potential...i know i can make a team better...and to most rookies its not about winning the big one so soon, so i would want to go to the 49ers simply because my signing bonus would be out the wazoo

but how much of that signing bonus would you be allowed to keep? Florida has no state income tax which is an added incentive to want to play for the Phins (or Jags, or Bucs)

SF is a beautifull city but it's filled with Californians. ;). Certainly don't want to live in Cleveland. Besides, I'd take the state w/o the income tax. Florida, Texas. Come to think of it, if I'm a top 5 pick....I don't care where I play, I'll have enough money off that rookie contract to live anywhere in the US and keep a second house in the city I played in. But yes, Miami!

zephon said:
SF is a beautifull city but it's filled with Californians. ;).

San Francisco is horrible. Once you cross that bridge you enter an isolated world of eccentric ****-eroticism and women who could quite possibly be the first OT drafted. :roflmao:

I lived in Florida for years... CA is better but I still love the fins. Oh and San Fran is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful place to live.

Actually Florida used to be awseome... but it is getting too (cue banjo). Even my peeps are leaving Miami... too many people who want to tell you what is right and wrong,... well wrong for them anyway.

IMO, the players just want to be drafted as high as they can. During the interview they can influence the HC's one way or the other. I am sure that one question the HC ask players is; how would you like to play for the Miami Dolphins. I also think that a HC can till if the player is giving an honest opinion about that answer. Bottom line, right now.... I would love any team that would pick me. :D

Of course I would need a signing bonus…:lol:

Back
Top Bottom