If You Were The Owner? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If You Were The Owner?

Squawk about how I'd rather trade down than draft Minkah. Oh wait.

You gotta admit its a pretty good PR move, which when you're a billionaire NFL owner is kindve a big deal.

Fans that wanted us to draft Minkah/BPA at 11?? They're happy, a comment from Ross on the draft won't change that even a little bit.

Fans that wanted us to trade down instead?? They now look at Ross in a slightly better light, "he agreed with me" etc...

Its very possible his PR people advised him to make this comment

Assuming I was filthy stinking rich which must be the case anyway for this fantasy, start awarding shares of the team for various performances to players and coaches - including guys in the trenches (e.g. olineman allows no sacks or TFL). All shareholders get a "Co-owner of the Miami Dolphins" plaque. By year 2 free agents will come sniffing. Now you'll need cap space to sign them, so set up clandestine accounts/laundering operations to make sure these guys get paid while reporting league minimum salaries. Do this for 2-3 years, get players heavily vested in the team. Hopefully win a title by year 4 before the FBI breaks down the door. Offer to buy back shares way above market from any players that are cut or traded.

Renegotiate contracts to heavily incentivize winning and making the playoffs (and winning some more).
Make orange the primary and aqua the accent; three home games per year we wear throwbacks (it's allowed now!).
One free beer/beverage for those wearing Dolphins garb.
$30 tickets to parents of underprivileged Dade/Broward youth and their kids, provided the seat was unsold.
More interaction between the players and fans post-game.
10% discount to full-time FL residents.
Turnover chain.

Trick question. Honestly, the absolute first thing I would do is fix the uniforms and logo. Not sure that it really helps the team at all … but, if I'm plumping that much money to buy the team, I'm dang sure going to make sure our home white uniforms are fantastic like they used to be, and the away uniforms look a lot better than they do today. And no more logo going against the curvature of the helmet.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, everyone has a different opinion, but if I'm dropping $1B+ … I'm getting classy uniforms dangit!

Fire tannebaum. Say no to London, always. Make throwback uni’s permanent. And draft a QB every year until someone proves to be a franchise QB.

I'm pretty sure saying yes to London landed them in the SB rotation. Atleast i hope it did.

I’d change nothing in the front office unless Gase wants changes. If Gase wants his guys, I go get his guys. Constant turnover has been one of the biggest problems with this franchise but I’m going to make sure Gase has zero excuses. Of course after my check clears I’m going throwback uniforms.

Hire JahnDho as GM. I’d sh!tcan TBomb, give Gase a 5 year extension to build a dynasty. I’d give him free range over who to draft or sign as long as they’re not over *28, while offering aid and support in what ever he needs. Change the culture of the organization by inspiring everyone in the organization to support each other.

*We wouldn’t sign any player over 28 unless they were drafted by us. Signing homegrown talent who buy in to the program; often over paying to keep and reward them. Promoting the notion that if you buy in and have success you’ll be taken care of.

We’d build through the draft; often times trading back while accumulating additional picks in the first 4 rounds. Any pick beyond the 5th would be traded for a round earlier the following year. We want elite talent that we can develop into elite NFL players.

I could keep going but you all get the point!

Back
Top Bottom