Iggy looking good. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Iggy looking good.

Where are they rated in order to be overrated?
By fin fans and fin media. How many scrub Jets, Patriots, and Bills WRs had field days on Miami? Laveranues Coles, David Patten, Troy Brown, Peerless Price, Bethel freaking Johnson, Lee Evans, Wayne Chrebet, Santana Moss, not exactly all time WRs.

Don't meaning nothing. Show me on the field.
Forget about no 1 receiver. Show me if you can lock down a no 2 receiver.

He is still learning the CB position. He played WR until his SO season in Collage.

Thank you for posting this, I loved hearing him speak. EVERYONE should watch from 10:00 to 13:00 minutes, I absolutely loved his answers!!! Seemed very genuine too. IDK how this guy fails, I just can't see it.

The main problem with Iggy was he was a first round draft pick. First round draft picks are suppose to come in and be productive in year one and not suppose to have to learn to play the position.

What kind of flawed *** logic is this? You clearly don't pay attention to the NFL if you think toolsy guys who need to develop aren't drafted in the 1st. The team was building for the future and picking guys with high upside and lower floors. It's the exception for rookies to ball out, not the norm (even for 1st rounders). Please, point to the 1st round CB who had "production" last year. Hell, didn't Okudah go top 5?? He looked horrible.

Also, all 1st rounders aren't created equal. Comparing top 10 talent to bottom of the round guys isn't very fair.

Madison and Surtain were kind of overrated. Especially Madison and especially in big games Miami had to have.
Neither was overrated, especially not Surtain... but those defenses they were apart of ALWAYS folded. Pass rush went away and LBers went to ****. I always thought those two were pretty solid, even when the rest of the D wasn’t. Madison and Buckley would get burned occasionally but we would have zero pass rush at end of big games sometimes.

This expectation that all first rounders have to be great from day one is... ludicrous.

Sure, it'd be nice, but not all positions are created equally, indeed, some positions are widely known to take a couple of years to really blossom-- tight end, quarterback, and cornerback, in particular have this reputation.

Last year, Mr. Grier took three players in the first round who all shared one attribute in common... they all were said to have extremely high ceilings, but might take a couple of years to really excel.

This is taking home run swings and trying to find elite talent, and this beats the Hell out of taking 5th year seniors who are maxed out.

This expectation that all first rounders have to be great from day one is... ludicrous.

Sure, it'd be nice, but not all positions are created equally, indeed, some positions are widely known to take a couple of years to really blossom-- tight end, quarterback, and cornerback, in particular have this reputation.

Last year, Mr. Grier took three players in the first round who all shared one attribute in common... they all were said to have extremely high ceilings, but might take a couple of years to really excel.

This is taking home run swings and trying to find elite talent, and this beats the Hell out of taking 5th year seniors who are maxed out.
Iggy was a reach, doesn’t mean he won’t be a good player. He got thrown into the fire early in the season and got burned. Probably lost 1 to 2 games because of him. It reminds me of the Ted Ginn pick, big time reach but had a decent career when he left Miami. I look at the first round a little different. I expect first rounders to be ready to play and contribute immediately at a high level. Again it doesn’t mean iggy won’t be good. Towards the end of the season he looked better.

Yeah HOF all time QB compared to two corners that aren't even in Miami's ring of honor. Big swing and a miss there.
Thank you for making my point for me

Marino never won anything and is seen as super stud HOFer isn’t that the definition of overrated ??

PS doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s a god on a football field

Iggy was a reach, doesn’t mean he won’t be a good player. He got thrown into the fire early in the season and got burned. Probably lost 1 to 2 games because of him. It reminds me of the Ted Ginn pick, big time reach but had a decent career when he left Miami. I look at the first round a little different. I expect first rounders to be ready to play and contribute immediately at a high level. Again it doesn’t mean iggy won’t be good. Towards the end of the season he looked better.
Not sure about a reach since he was projected as a bottom first rounder

with that said I thought it was a mehhhh pick at the time

Back
Top Bottom