Ike Hilliard to Miami Possible | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ike Hilliard to Miami Possible

I cant see how this would hurt- for the veterans minimum, what do we have to lose?

Dolfan1000 said:
I cant see how this would hurt- for the veterans minimum, what do we have to lose?
I agree especially if its for little to no signing bonus. If he sucks cut him in training camp and move on. You never know he may find a nitch has a third or fourth reciever

I mean come on guys, personally, I believe we have WAY too many needs to draft a receiver so early, especially if we dont deal Surtain/move down. Before we draft a WR, IMO we need:

RB
QB
S
OL
DT

We cannot afford to take a WR in the 2nd round, and any after that would likely have little to no impact this year. Hilliard could be cheap, short-term and who knows maybe it will work out?

If we sign him to a really cheap deal then I wouldn't be against it, I was under the impression he would be wanting over a million bucks and if that's the case I don't think he's worth it.

But why can't we afford to take a WR in the 2nd round? I'm not 100% sold on Booker and after the whining he did once he came here he didn't really endear himself if you ask me. After Booker there's just a bunch of average players. That's not the kind of receiving corps you're going to need if you want open things up offensively. Somebody's gotta take pressure off Chambers and if Booker flops who else are we going to depend on? We need Boston back.

Chambers and Booker is an extremely respectable top 2, and dont forget we have a top receiving threat at TE in Randy McMichael. Thompson, IMO, had a terrific season and people give him a hard time- I cannot see why. Yes, his first year here he was a complete bust, but as a 3rd receiver I saw a guy that flourished and embraced the opportunity and was one of our most productive red zone targets.

Ike Hilliard > D.Thompson

he'd be a nice VALUE addition.

and he can play slot......the Giants often moved him in to play the slot when they went three wide. He's much better suited as a slot receiver than is Thompson IMO.

I say we pick up hilliard just to get even deeper in receivers.

4U2NV said:
But why can't we afford to take a WR in the 2nd round? I'm not 100% sold on Booker and after the whining he did once he came here he didn't really endear himself if you ask me. After Booker there's just a bunch of average players. That's not the kind of receiving corps you're going to need if you want open things up offensively. Somebody's gotta take pressure off Chambers and if Booker flops who else are we going to depend on? We need Boston back.

Oh, yes, Booker whined but Boston was just so damned great with his placenta, injury, and assault. :rolleyes2

As to Hilliard, he's a GREAT signing at the minimum or slightly more. I'm not saying he's a slot guy, but I think he could beat out everybody to be the 3rd most productive WR on the team. He's just the type of player who could really benefit from a change of scenery to rebound and start a productive second phase of his career.

Jimmy James said:
Oh, yes, Booker whined but Boston was just so damned great with his placenta, injury, and assault. :rolleyes2

As to Hilliard, he's a GREAT signing at the minimum or slightly more. I'm not saying he's a slot guy, but I think he could beat out everybody to be the 3rd most productive WR on the team. He's just the type of player who could really benefit from a change of scenery to rebound and start a productive second phase of his career.
THERE you are!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I like Ike as a #3 behind Chambers and Booker. I wouldnt want him as a #1, but he is still a solid NFL wideout that can be had for cheap.

fsu_nole4life said:
I am not saying Ike is as good as Edwards or Williams. I am saying that with the addition of him we would not have the need for another WR.

ok in that case...why don't we bring mercury morris back and that would eliminate the need for ronnie brown.....hilliard is a bum!!!!

Dolfan1000 said:
I mean come on guys, personally, I believe we have WAY too many needs to draft a receiver so early, especially if we dont deal Surtain/move down. Before we draft a WR, IMO we need:

RB
QB
S
OL
DT

We cannot afford to take a WR in the 2nd round, and any after that would likely have little to no impact this year. Hilliard could be cheap, short-term and who knows maybe it will work out?

I agree. it is better to pick up a more experienced reciever now than in the draft to leave our options open

He probably would not be a slot reciever for us. In 3 WR sets he would probably be wide and either Chambers or Booker would move to the slot. If they sign him for cheap (which I would imagine would be the case) it would be a value signing.

Back
Top Bottom