I'll say it now - 10 or more wins THIS SEASON! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll say it now - 10 or more wins THIS SEASON!

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
IF The Ricky thing does in fact happen, I think we have a complete team in terms of us having the depth and skils we need to make a strong playoff push. Ricky was our best player the years he played for us IMO. I think with the addition of Brown and Roth, plus a great year in Free Agency, we have a real opportunity to surprise this season. I also think the rest of the AFC East got weaker. Add Saban's scheme and our coaching upgrades (especially at OC ands HC) and I'm starting to have some high expectations.

I do expect to see Brown and Williams rotate some after Ricky serves his suspension, but sooner or later we'll see them both in the backfield. Both players are too big of a plamaker not to have them both in the game. Expect to see us using some split backs and pro formations as those are the best formations to use with this type of an RB dilema.

Defenses are going to hate seeing us this season. We have a great 3 WR set, we have a great TE, we have two great RB's, and one of the best OL coaches in the NFL. I'm officially excited!

I think we have the potential to be a playoff team, but we have to have alot of things go our way. Our O-Line is going to have to have an above average year under Houck, our QB (either Ferrote or Feeley) is going to have to up their game and stop making stupid throws, and our DLine is going to have to stop the run and quit allowing 100yd rushers every game. The injury bug needs to stay away as well... it's already gotten Will Poole and training camp hasn't even started. If all these things go our way, I think we have a very good chance of being a playoff contender.

DOLFANMIKE said:
IF The Ricky thing does in fact happen, I think we have a complete team in terms of us having the depth and skils we need to make a strong playoff push. Ricky was our best player the years he played for us IMO. I think with the addition of Brown and Roth, plus a great year in Free Agency, we have a real opportunity to surprise this season. I also think the rest of the AFC East got weaker. Add Saban's scheme and our coaching upgrades (especially at OC ands HC) and I'm starting to have some high expectations.

I do expect to see Brown and Williams rotate some after Ricky serves his suspension, but sooner or later we'll see them both in the backfield. Both players are too big of a plamaker not to have them both in the game. Expect to see us using some split backs and pro formations as those are the best formations to use with this type of an RB dilema.

Defenses are going to hate seeing us this season. We have a great 3 WR set, we have a great TE, we have two great RB's, and one of the best OL coaches in the NFL. I'm officially excited!

We have the potential.

Keys to a playoff team will be:

QB: AJ Feeley has to realize the talent evaluators say he has.
OL: This group needs to produce this year or we'll suck once again.
DL: Either Bowens or Chester need to make a solid comeback or our D could be shredded all year.

If all three of these positions end up being at least above average then we could certainly make the playoffs. AJ Feeley is the biggest question mark at this point.

Trekbiz said:
We have the potential.

Keys to a playoff team will be:

QB: AJ Feeley has to realize the talent evaluators say he has.
OL: This group needs to produce this year or we'll suck once again.
DL: Either Bowens or Chester need to make a solid comeback or our D could be shredded all year.

If all three of these positions end up being at least above average then we could certainly make the playoffs. AJ Feeley is the biggest question mark at this point.

There is also the secondary issue. There are still a lot of questions, if the majority of them go the right way then we can at least make a decent run for the playoffs. Some of it depends on how things work out for our division rivals.

Trekbiz said:
We have the potential.

i'm pretty psyched that there is at least that possibility... and i agree with your assessment of the questions. all three are big.

At this point, DT is our biggest question mark IMO. I wont be surprised to see us go without Bowens or Chester this season. In fact, even if we sign Traylor we still may have problems at DT. I suppose we could see our 4-3 look as Taylor and Roth at DE and Traylor and Carter at DT.
I also think we'll see more 3-4 than we had previously expected to see.

Back
Top Bottom