i'm afraid bowens is history! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i'm afraid bowens is history!

He may not be Houston bound yet

He's got a high salary.. I hear Chris Palmer is high on JJ Johnson (don't ask me why) and the Texans will more than likely take him because of this and his lower salary (his salary is only 770,000). Once he is picked, Miami would have the option of pulling back a player and I gotta believe Marion or Bowens will be pulled.

Originally posted by dolfan06
WOW, Tim Bowens was made available for the expansion draft for the Houston Texans!!!
:(

Although Tim would provide a solid veteran in the middle with playoff experience I do'nt think he fits into the Texans short range plans. Tims salary if he was picked, would be restructured, so at the 2 or 3 yr phase of the contract he would be a little to long in the tooth. Thats IF I'm reading the Texans short range plans correctly. ???

BB

dolphins13fan.............

Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan
He's got a high salary.. I hear Chris Palmer is high on JJ Johnson (don't ask me why) and the Texans will more than likely take him because of this and his lower salary (his salary is only 770,000). Once he is picked, Miami would have the option of pulling back a player and I gotta believe Marion or Bowens will be pulled.

Where did you hear this? Was it in an article that you read or saw?:eek:

Tim Bowens is SOLID!! Let's hope the TEXANS don't Bite! I think signing Marion and keeping Bowens is a TOP priority! They are two of our BEST defenders!

A&O54.................

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

my son sent me the link that told the whole story, but i'm sure everybody is carrying now!:rolleyes:

A&O 54

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

I work at an FM Radio Station up here, and get most of my news off Metro Source. I got the Palmer Interest in JJ Story off of a feed that had came in from Houston. Im still searching for On Line links to it I know ESPN had a complete list of tenative players on earlier now I can't find the link.

The 3J thing is true. I dont think he'll be the first Dolphin taken though. I expect Galyon to be the first because he has a low salary & in a 3-4 scheme you need some extra LBs. They take him first knowing we wont pull back 3J. Then they snag him. Bowens is going anywhere. He makes damn near 9 mill. You can get better players with 9 mill.

lots of teams are doing the same thing as us. The Jets exposed their 2 starting CB because of salary cap. I think Bowens is old enough and scheduled to make enough that he will not be taken. If they are playing a 3-4, he will definitely not be taken since he never played NT that I know of.

Expansion

How about Miami working out a deal with Houston for Houston to take a player like Tony Boselli or Tom Ackerman and then we make a trade for one of them?

Just examples, I haven't seen the whole list, but this could be a decent tool to get a couple of players.

I know our CAP Problems, but we probably need two new lineman, and while the draft might bring one, will it bring two???

i'd sure like to get boselli...............

i remember a monday night game with the jags, he made taylor look funny!:rolleyes:

i dont think bowens is worth 9 mill if that is what he is getting paid but with gardeners back prob. we are goin to need atleast 2 new d-linemen this offseason and about 4 new offensive linemen but i dont see it happening

maybe we can work something out with

houston. like if they pick up boselli, maybe we can swap for bowens. i think that would be a good deal!:D

Back
Top Bottom