I'm already feeling ill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm already feeling ill

clajoie_7

Starter
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but all of the good things that seemed to happen to us so far in the offseason still get overshadowed once I saw what our offensive line will look like. I'm pretty comfortable with most players; however we didn't even bring anyone in to via for a spot at center and Seth is still there. :cry: Every game last year he made bad line calls and missed a Sh!tload of blocks. That coupled with our lack of a solid starting qb leave me a bit concerned for the season. Not to mention that pretty soon Ronnie Brown is going to start pulling a Jan Brady: "Ricky, Ricky, Ricky" as there is no talk of his progress and all focus on Ricky's weight gain. I couldn't have been happier after the draft (unless we got a franchise qb) and I'm trying to stay as positive as possible but it is getting hard to believe that our offense will be any more productive this year over last....

Well look at it this way: It can't be any worse. With an OC like Linehan and the players we have at the skill positions I have to think that there will be a drastic improvement. I think Houck can get the OL line to perform at least near the league average. We have alot of question marks and thinking that we are shoe-in for 500 or the playoffs is just unrealistic. We will be better than 4-12 and if all the chips fall our way we can push for a wildcard spot.

I feel completely different, I think with Hudson Houck the o-line will be greatly improved, I don't think they'll be in the top 5 in the league, but definately not bottom of the barrel by any means.

My main concern is @ QB... I like Feeley, don't know much about Ferotte, but I think Linehan has a good handle on the offense.

Just relax. Look at how much better everyone played once Wanny was gone. Sure the OL and Feeley weren't great but there was progress. And this coaching staff will make a big difference in this team.

The Marino fiasco, Ricky quitting, the storms, Wanny and his buddies still in power for half the year...Last year was a Mulligan. I guarantee the same players who played horribly last year will play much better this year under a new regime.

It's pretty much the same o-line that got killed last year,let's hope Houck and Stockar can do something to make it better.

clajoie_7 said:
:cry: Every game last year he made bad line calls and missed a Sh!tload of blocks. ....
Really? Is that what you determined after intense hours of tape study and your knowledge of what the line calls are supposed to be?

Or, are you just buying into the hype?

Well, the season is still 2 1/2 months away (dam that's not that long) anyway, we still have TC and thats were saban is going to kick this thing into high gear. I happen share the same concerns with you about mcKInney, I choose to look at this way: Houck is renowned for his coaching ability, so if HE sees enough in mckinney to put him what the 1's than mabye seth improved. If houck really doesn't like mckinney he had basically the whole offseason to find an upgrade. The fact that he didn't should tell you something.
Also, don't think of ricky & ronnie in the context of last years scheme. this will be a very differrent very diverse offense that will be based on the run but will be FAR less predictable.
If none of this makes you feel better. know this: there's no better judge than your own two eyes. with the exception of this last mini camp we've all speculated and hypothisized based on second hand info. Wait till you SEE them for yourself before you come to any REAL judgements. hopefully with the natural progression of young players and good coahing we will have a respectable oline......

i was worried to, but if you think about all we needed was a few better bodies and some coaching. line is different than alot of other positions, with good coaching desire technique and strength, blocking improves 10 fold. we dont need number 1 overall picks on our line to play better, we need simply a mixture of: a fierce agressive attitude, blood sweat and tears of training camp and the exhibition season, the desire to win, a sense of unity and brother hood amongst the fat boys, and willingness to accept new methods, i think were heading in the right direction and alot of people will be surprised at how well our line plays this season

I said last year that the OL had talent (including Seth). The problem was the scheme. They improved a bit at the end of the year when Bates took over primarily b/c they tweaked the blocking schemes. Now Houck (one of the top OL coaches in the league) comes in and says the same thing. Coach them up, prepare them and these guys will be a good line.

clajoie_7 said:
Not for nothing, but all of the good things that seemed to happen to us so far in the offseason still get overshadowed once I saw what our offensive line will look like.QUOTE]

I'm feeling ill right now also..I think I ate some sushi last night which got my stomach on a roll....

But, Relax ....Let's see how they do in training camp...

mmm sushi

TBH i cant wait for the season to start , 4 weeks until the Scottish soccer season is back on then another 6 till i get no sleep from listening to Fins games :D :D

Wouldn't it be cool if the center could have on headphones like the QB and Hudson could sit up in the booth and tell McKinney what line calls to make??

hey clajoie 7 dont worry man when sage rosenfields takes charge everything will work out . now for your ills dr. mercury will give you a prescription for your ills. first go out and get you a stripper then get you a keg a beer then go watch the movie stripes . then take two hookers and call me in the morning.

As bad as our O-Line was last year, remeber that we had Sammy Morris as our RB and a combo or Fielder/Feeley as our QB's... Teams not afraid or our running game or passing attack loaded up, and made it very tough to run block or pass block...

Back
Top Bottom