I'm amazed at the age of our roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm amazed at the age of our roster

Rams, Eagles, PAckers,Packers, Bengals,cowboys, colts,Seahawaks ,bucs all just as young overall average age some younger

!What's your point aside from crapping on something positively hopeful? Did you actually go and check all the other 31 rosters to figure out that ours is not the youngest but among the youngest??? And if so does it really take away from our reality? Sheesh!!! It's really ponderous how you can't you just give credit where do for a change without finding ways to discount it?.

!What's your point aside from crapping on something positively hopeful? Did you actually go and check all the other 31 rosters to figure out that ours is not the youngest but among the youngest??? And if so does it really take away from our reality? Sheesh!!! It's really ponderous how you can't you just give credit where do for a change without finding ways to discount it?.

wtf are u talking about I just was showing that his point that it was an unsually low number for a team drafting above 27. There is little to no correlation between young rosters and winning superbowls.
I mean look at current superbowl champ Baltimore. Im not sure what your issue is but if someone says something that is comepletely wrongwhy do you have an issue with me actually stating a fact.
In 2010 espn ranked the teams according to age and the youngest teams were tampa and carolina. In fact the oldest team was Washington and their average age was 27

My point is he was incorrect on it being rare and I am quite correct, so Im not taking away from any reality. In fact his thought process was not based in reality but an assumption which was incorrect. No offense to poster that posted it.

In fact screw it let me give you some actual facts since you dont ever seem to have any.

he said it was rare for a team not drafting 27th

Number one pick was youngest team in league carolina
of the teams that were average age 26 and under
the majority of these teams drafted above 27th.

Now simple fact that may explain this. The average nfl age was 26.04
So unless you know what you are talking about Vaark, you might actually want to think about it.
I know you want to paint me a certain way and i could care less but you dont even attempt to read my post before you try to attack me.

I'm actually thinking that we are too young, with no vet leadership on the field. I understand that we want players to grow together but, winners have some vets to take charge when things get tuff.

When you look at our roster, we are somewhat like an expansion team, who started 5 years ago, and is ready to move up.

I'm actually thinking that we are too young, with no vet leadership on the field. I understand that we want players to grow together but, winners have some vets to take charge when things get tuff.

When you look at our roster, we are somewhat like an expansion team, who started 5 years ago, and is ready to move up.

Well unless u draft well and keep that core hard to have players grow together. The only core we have kept together is our Dline. And in a couple of years as with all nfl teams some guys will probably be cut early in their contract.

We are not really that young or old really and contrary to what some what to believe there is no correlation either way although a good veteran team can usaually go along way. Case in point last year's Ravens. Veterans all over that team

I was off with 26. I really need to watch out for the sharks, I guess.
Anywho, I feel that the dolphins will field one of the 3 youngest teams with legit playoff hopes.

I was off with 26. I really need to watch out for the sharks, I guess.
Anywho, I feel that the dolphins will field one of the 3 youngest teams with legit playoff hopes.

Its really no biggie I wasnt trying to make you look bad I was just pointing out the facts. I dont know I thought this was a message board where people discuss things and some people want to get all butt hurt about it. I think Cinncy, NE, Houson ,Denver and Indy are locks for playoffs so after that its a dogfight and we should in running if things fall into place. cinncy is an example of a really young team thats looking pretty good at this point.

Well unless u draft well and keep that core hard to have players grow together. The only core we have kept together is our Dline. And in a couple of years as with all nfl teams some guys will probably be cut early in their contract.

We are not really that young or old really and contrary to what some what to believe there is no correlation either way although a good veteran team can usaually go along way. Case in point last year's Ravens. Veterans all over that team

The average age of a roster in meaningless, as it includes the bottom half of special team guys or just filling out roster space. I would be very interested in just starters and guys in the rotation, if anyone has that info.

As to our DL, it would have been bad if not for FA's Wake, Starks, and McD to a lessor degree. Same with LB's in Danby, Burnett, and now Ellerbe and Wheeler.

Add in Bush, Fasano, and Marshall (through trade), Cog, Moore, and Penny from the past, and Wallace, Gibson, and Keller now.

We have not been built through the draft.

The average age of a roster in meaningless, as it includes the bottom half of special team guys or just filling out roster space. I would be very interested in just starters and guys in the rotation, if anyone has that info.

As to our DL, it would have been bad if not for FA's Wake, Starks, and McD to a lessor degree. Same with LB's in Danby, Burnett, and now Ellerbe and Wheeler.

Add in Bush, Fasano, and Marshall (through trade), Cog, Moore, and Penny from the past, and Wallace, Gibson, and Keller now.

We have not been built through the draft.

The point of the thread is it's hopeful Miami can build some chemistry by keeping many of their players together over the next few years and they are young enough to grow together. Perhaps as they age together they can develop into a great team. Their ages give them time to do this. And hopefully the philosophy of building through the draft is taking hold with our new staff.

a tad more than just a couple lol. he has yet to start declining

He has started declining, his deep ball is nothing like what it used to be. Make no mistake, he's still one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the league but there's signs that he's starting to decline.

based on his roster and what he produces I stand by it

He has spent so many draft picks on their defense, and they are AVG at best. No way he's the BEST, very good, sure, mainly because he has Brady. In time we'll see just how good he is without Brady. He can't play forever.

He has spent so many draft picks on their defense, and they are AVG at best. No way he's the BEST, very good, sure, mainly because he has Brady. In time we'll see just how good he is without Brady. He can't play forever.

best coach ever in the nfl in my opinion. he adapted to the game and adapted with the game. 5 superbowl rings 3 as head coach. To give all credit to Brady makes no sense because most great coaches have great qb's. Shula (Marino and Griese) Laundry (Staubach) Noll(Bradshaw) Lombardi(Starr) Walsh(Montanna) He builds a great staff and gets more production from lesser talent overall.
I know I will get flamed for saying this but this is my honest opinion. The NFL today is all about parity to a degree and to keep that team at that level this long is quite amazing. Even the year he lost Brady they went 11-5 and were maybe playing the best of any nfl team as they closed out that season. If he was a coach in the non salary cap era, he would probably have more rings with NE.

a tad more than just a couple lol. he has yet to start declining

I think that the decline is in motion. He has been very average in the playoffs lately. Plus, once they hit 35 it goes down quickly as history has shown.

Yes, you tend to be young when the team is in perpetual rebuild mode..

I think that the decline is in motion. He has been very average in the playoffs lately. Plus, once they hit 35 it goes down quickly as history has shown.

History is not usually kind to qb's of his age but its not unprecedented for a top qb to be able to play well esp since his game is not based on having a cannon.
I dont buy the he has been average in playoffs because he was lights out against Houston but yea Balt was a tough game but its a team game.
I would definitely trust Belicheck to find a replacement more than I would most coaches. He still went 11-5 with Cassel at Qb and may be developing Mallet.
Those that credit all of Belichek's success to Brady I think really dont at look the whole picture and wanna make an excuse for his success. Brady did not come to the NFL as a great qb, he was devloped.
I mean he won a damn superbowl with Troy Brown playing meaningful minutes at CB.

Back
Top Bottom