I'm amazed at the age of our roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm amazed at the age of our roster

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/player-roster.html

There are only 2 active players over 30. One is LS Denny and the other is Wake. The FO and staff has done a good job of building this roster with youth and players in their prime. And we only get younger with the draft. Even in FA the players acquired were in their mid to late 20's. Interesting enough one of our best playmakers, Wake, is the oldest every down player. He is still playing at a high level which may lead to the conclusion we can sign another vet DE and expect him to play at a high level also. The future is bright for our team.

I agree. I am exited with our youth. This is the first time in years we have had money in FA and we spent it wisely. I can't wait to silence the critics. A lot riding on Tanny's development

it's our time again, finally

..or so we hope

we have alot left to prove that. Ne still has brady and best coach in nfl

anyone watch the nfl network special on the staff he assembled in Cleveland(didnt work out but quite a staff)'
Ozzie Newsome (pro player director of personnel
Scott Pioli(pro player assitant
Mike Tannebaum(player personnel assitant
Jim swartz(defensive assistant
Kirk Ferentz (ol coach)
Thomas Dmitrof
Nick Saban (dcoordinator)
Eric Mangini (d assistant)
Phil Savage (d assiistant and scout)
george Kokinas (scout)
Michael Lombardi(director of player personnel

He hasn't been that in a long time. He is very good, but far from what he once was.

anyone watch the nfl network special on the staff he assembled in Cleveland(didnt work out but quite a staff)'
Ozzie Newsome (pro player director of personnel
Scott Pioli(pro player assitant
Mike Tannebaum(player personnel assitant
Jim swartz(defensive assistant
Kirk Ferentz (ol coach)
Thomas Dmitrof
Nick Saban (dcoordinator)
Eric Mangini (d assistant)
Phil Savage (d assiistant and scout)
george Kokinas (scout)
Michael Lombardi(director of player personnel

Yes that was a good doc

Excluding long snapper and assuming certain players will lose their spots to draft picks and a couple veterans,
fins should be just under 26 avg age come September. An unusually low # for a team drafting above pick 27

they get old fast though which sucks. and you cant keep them all. teams only last 3-4 years because too many guys are in and out those doors(contracts). having older players is a good thing too. teams should have a mix of both. for experience, leadership maturity.

Excluding long snapper and assuming certain players will lose their spots to draft picks and a couple veterans,
fins should be just under 26 avg age come September. An unusually low # for a team drafting above pick 27

Rams, Eagles, PAckers,Packers, Bengals,cowboys, colts,Seahawaks ,bucs all just as young overall average age some younger

The key to success is figuring out how to sustain winning over a long period of time. The Patriots and Steelers are good examples. They have figured out who to keep, who to get rid of, and how to build through good drafting. Miami will need to figure this out over the next few years as well.

Back
Top Bottom