Im calling out our "Team Leaders!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im calling out our "Team Leaders!"

Canadianfishfan

FinHeavean VIP
Reaction score
Ok .... there has to be blame for the mental errors this team constantly makes.
Lets look at "The Vets" on this team.

In the first four games we've seen some cripling penalties by some of these "veteran" players: JT, Spragan, Seau, Madison, the entire offensive line, the list could be long and numerous.
Over the past 2 weeks we've heard over and over again how these mistakes are inexcusable and wont be tolerated.

Well, well, well. The more things change, the more they stay the same. It time we as fans ...question the leadership of this team. And their ability to elevate, motivate, inspire, and most importantly.... play smart.

These mistakes are inexcusable. I cannot rationalize any of it.
Im not taking away from the "ability and talent" of our senior players.... but their leadership is starting become an issue. For me anyway....

Thoughts?

Canadianfishfan said:
Ok .... there has to be blame for the mental errors this team constantly makes.
Lets look at "The Vets" on this team.

In the first four games we've seen some cripling penalties by some of these "veteran" players: JT, Spragan, Seau, Madison, the entire offensive line, the list could be long and numerous.
Over the past 2 weeks we've heard over and over again how these mistakes are inexcusable and wont be tolerated.

Well, well, well. The more things change, the more they stay the same. It time we as fans ...question the leadership of this team. And their ability to elevate, motivate, inspire, and most importantly.... play smart.

These mistakes are inexcusable. I cannot rationalize any of it.
Im not taking away from the "ability and talent" of our senior players.... but their leadership is starting become an issue. For me anyway....

Thoughts?
Me too. The veterans are supposed to set an example. Kind of like the older brother syndrome. How are the young guys going to tighten up if they see our vets screwing the pooch? Nick has been preaching discipline, why won't the team practice it? From what I've read and heard they are buying into his system, but if they can't eliminate mental mistakes then none of that will matter and the team will not rise above 500.

i think this team believes the hype said of them in the media etc... Focus is a serious problem in the team. Remember all the games lost because of a 4th qtr breakdown?!

I seriously question this teams mental toughness.

It starts with the coach and I don't know what Nick is doing to try to reduce these stupid mental errors. After the coach the next most responsible people are the team leaders. They need to discipline their own play first then start getting in the face of the younger guys.

Some of those calls were BS and I dont think that the team leaders are to blame. McMicheal and our defensive leaders fought our team back into that game

PassRush said:
Some of those calls were BS and I dont think that the team leaders are to blame. McMicheal and our defensive leaders fought our team back into that game

yes they played well in the second half when a strip was likely tore off them during half time.

This game was lost in the 1st qtr. How many defensive penalties were there? How many offsides penalties? It was rediculous. These players know better. I don't know how much more coaching up of these players you can do. Players just have to execute.

Back
Top Bottom