I'm conflicted: To Suck or not to suck? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm conflicted: To Suck or not to suck?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I want to Suck bad enough to get Luck (Like Ireland would ever draft him) but at the same time that means one more wasted year of no team to Root for or be excited about. Its a real emotional catch 22 :crazy:

I was conflicted too for a while but if a losing season means number 1 pick and a real shot at Luck then its worth it. Swallow the red pill.

I love how divided the fan base has gotten. Its either "Suck for Luck!" or "Root to win!".

Problem is, they are one in the same. You can root to win, but we are still going to suck.

Real question fans should be asking themselves: do you have enough booze to get through this season?

i was against sucking when the dolphins still had decent chance to make the playoffs
that disappeared at Cleveland and confirmed at San Diego
now i just wanna see them close in games and at least not get blown out..

Unless we can win 10 of our last 12 games we're not making the playoffs anyway (not happening...). There's no turning it around at this point and no redemption will be found this season. I'm usually all for blindly rooting for my team, because I hate rooting for the draft and always having the "next year will be our year attitude". That is typically the attitude of the perenial loser.

However, finishing with a horrific record will have the double bonus of getting us a chance at a top QB and it puts more pressure on ownership to clear house of the guys that caused this mess. Finishing with 7 wins would not be the same thing as it normally would, because in your typical mediocre season you can at least have slight playoff hopes for 50-75% of the year. Right now, we are staring at 12 games where its hard to believe that even the players and coaches are fully into it.

I do disagree that rooting one way or the other makes you a better or "real fan." If you can keep watching this team and rooting for what you believe is in their best interest even after all this ****, then you're a good fan in my book.

I love how divided the fan base has gotten. Its either "Suck for Luck!" or "Root to win!".

Problem is, they are one in the same. You can root to win, but we are still going to suck.

Real question fans should be asking themselves: do you have enough booze to get through this season?

It doesn't really matter what one individual does unless his name is Stephen Ross really. If I sit here and root to win hardcore, im going to get upset more than im going to be happy. I'll save myself the stress by just watching and laughing. Theres nothing any one can do here, that influences if we are even in position to draft Luck. And lets say we do draft Luck, and we are losing games in different ways than we do now.. Just go with the flow and don't get too upset, not worth the stress.

There is no conflict. This team is going to suck. It's your choice whether to feel like crap or embrace it for the light at the end of the tunnel. I've become immune to losing, so I'll take the latter.

Agree, it does not matter which way we choose to root, it will not change the outcome. I, as a Dolphins fan in NJ, will tune to every game on my sunday ticket (with the exception of the 2 this month that the dolphins will be playing at the meadowlands cause i will be in the seats) and cheer for them to do well. I CANNOT root against them. Part of me knows this year is over and the best thing we can do is help our drafting position, but i hate to see them lose and my yelling at the tv will not change their outcome. Ross is the only one who can, unfortunately. Clearly he does not care what his fans have to say or what they may want, so i will change nothing. Sadly, i believe ross will do the same.

I hope we go 2-14 with the 2 wins coming against the jets, those are honestly the only 2 games from here on out im gonna be rooting for the phins to win, and hopefully 2-14 is good enough (or bad enought) to get us the #1 pick. I want a franchise qb. Luck is our only hope.

This is the next chance to have a Marino era for this franchise. It's a no-brainer...

Look, everyone forgets that this is a business, and you make business decisions to better the business.

Imagine how well the business will do with a big name coach (Gruden,Cowher etc) and the first pick in the draft (Luck).

So, you lose a few games this year, big deal...Hell, we're used to it...

what's the conflict? We suck and if we are lucky enough to 0 and 16 I will do backflips.

Remember, if we go ofer, not only do we get Luck, but we also get rid or Ireland.

If we eek out something like 3 or 4 wins then you can bank on Ireland being retained.

Back
Top Bottom