I'm Confused About This... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Confused About This...

Troy Brown's real position is WR. The only reason why he played CB was because of injures.

Wagon Circler said:
If he didn't play cb he would have been gone.

I have no idea what this means.

Are you saying this year or last year. In either case I disagree, but which did you mean?

And yes, to answer the original question, Troy Brown is a Wide Receiver.

Wagon Circler said:
It was my understanding that If Troy Brown didn't convert to cb last year he was expendable that year.

Well, in the hearts and minds of most Pats fans, Brown is one of the most valueable guys, but you are correct from a certain POV. Branch, Givens and Patten were all ahead of him, and he and Bethel Johnson were battling for the 4th WR. But when the CB situation happened, it became a moot point.

With that said, I wouldn't call his situation expendable. He was the 3rd/4th WR. Not exactly untouchable, not exactly expenable.

All good.

It really cant be that hard for a reciever to play CB, its almost the same exact thing, and arent most CB's WR's that can't catch as well? Im sure they played both at some point in their lives.

TakeoSpikes51 said:
It really cant be that hard for a reciever to play CB, its almost the same exact thing, and arent most CB's WR's that can't catch as well? Im sure they played both at some point in their lives.

That really depends. Cornerback takes a lot more discipline and technique. You can be fast as all hell at CB but if you turn your hips too slow you'll get burnt everytime. Cornerback in general is just a harder position to be good IMO.

Back
Top Bottom