Im Digging Our Moves So Far In Fa | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im Digging Our Moves So Far In Fa

srp1979

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Its actually nice to see the trash being taken to the curb and no big splashes that have us scrathing our heads.

Goodbye Sitton! Glad we didnt pay ya Juwan! Thanks for your efforts and sprotsmanship, Ryan.....youll be shown the door soon.

Now go draft that QB so I have at least an ounce of hope for the dumpster fire that will be next season.

We've been searching for a quarterback since Marino and all the other teams are or have been in the same boat. They have to find their balls and get a guy who they think will be the next franchise quarterback no matter what the cost.
Go big or go home

Larsen couldnt have stayed as a backup? Yet Asiata stayed? Errrr.

Parker stays for 13 million, but Amendola who was a prime target leaves for 4.5 million? Errrrr.

We sign a blocking TE when we already have O'Leary? Errr.

Aside from that, i like the rest.

Larsen is old issac is not.
They want to get the age out.
O Leary should not of been extended he is not a great blocking te just compared to what we had he was better

Let's not jinx ourselves. Tanne is still here and if for whatever reason (desperation?) they keep him at his current numbers, it will sour everything .

But I like what they've done so far as well. It's certainly seems they are cleaning the cap.

Larsen couldnt have stayed as a backup? Yet Asiata stayed? Errrr.

Parker stays for 13 million, but Amendola who was a prime target leaves for 4.5 million? Errrrr.

We sign a blocking TE when we already have O'Leary? Errr.

Aside from that, i like the rest.

Larson was a dumpster fire (when he wasn't injured), while Asiata on a cheap rookie contract still might still give us something.

Parker is inconsistent while Amendola is the total opposite of consistancy, but it is hard to look away from that huge ceiling that Parker shows to have, and I am sure any new HC believes I am the man that will get it out of him...Though like most I doubt it, I REALLY hope Flores can, because if that light ever goes on, in that head of Parker...it will be game over, and even a 3rd string QB will be able to score at will.

As for what you said about O'Leary, I am with you on that, it's crazy, and I hope they wisen up to what they have in him.

If we are truly in a rebuild process then we need to be:

1) Getting rid of old guys.
2) Stop paying under performers
3) Bring in young high ceiling guys on sensible contracts
4) Take as much of dead cap space this year, don't let it linger over to 2020 and beyond.

Some moves like cutting amendola, letting Wake move on, not overpaying James and cut dead wood like Sitton, Larsen, Quinn etc. Hit one of these categories but there is still a lot to do, such as moving Alonso and Jones, and I see very little work being done on item 3, if you hadn't watched any of our games over the last 4 years you could argue that the Parker resign fits there but what else ? I'm certainly not giving them high fives until we've made our biggest cut which hits on 1,2 and 4 here and we've officially moved on from the Tannehill years.

Last edited:
I can get behind the people we let go, we're going young and that's just how it has to be. Liked the Dwayne Allen and Eric Rowe acquisitions, both made sense. Clive Walford I'm not jazzed about, but we'll see. I have been a big proponent of DeVante Parker's potential, but I'm shocked to see him re-signed. He just doesn't seem to have the attitude of a killer competitor to realize his vast potential … but I hope the change of coaching staff helps him figure it out. I'm more worried about our draft picks than our FA's really. We need to make these count. We're building the foundations of a culture here, and if we just keep throwing in one type of player, we'll fail.

I would like to see quinn let go. The only thing I saw from him was being consistently pushed 15 yards up the field and completely out of the play. Thill let go. Sign some young guys that are in the bargain bin. Roll the dice on them. Especially on the oline.

Its actually nice to see the trash being taken to the curb and no big splashes that have us scrathing our heads.

Goodbye Sitton! Glad we didnt pay ya Juwan! Thanks for your efforts and sprotsmanship, Ryan.....youll be shown the door soon.

Now go draft that QB so I have at least an ounce of hope for the dumpster fire that will be next season.

I don't like all the decisions, but, overall, I'm happy.

DVP has more value as trade bait on a two year deal compared to a one year deal.

Larson was a dumpster fire (when he wasn't injured), while Asiata on a cheap rookie contract still might still give us something.

Parker is inconsistent while Amendola is the total opposite of consistancy, but it is hard to look away from that huge ceiling that Parker shows to have, and I am sure any new HC believes I am the man that will get it out of him...Though like most I doubt it, I REALLY hope Flores can, because if that light ever goes on, in that head of Parker...it will be game over, and even a 3rd string QB will be able to score at will.

As for what you said about O'Leary, I am with you on that, it's crazy, and I hope they wisen up to what they have in him.
Parker is that where signing I can't figure out. I'm only reminded of Stills saying the receivers were open but they weren't getting the ball. I just wonder what was on tape with Parker that convinced them. Can't say they will be to thrilled when he is injured

Back
Top Bottom