I’m getting old. And I miss Jim Mandich. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m getting old. And I miss Jim Mandich.

I like Danny’s answer to the question about how he’d fare in today‘s game under these rules. He said he’d throw 70 (a number I believe Rod Woodson first floated) because he doesn’t have to prove it!

To me, it’s a no-brainer to conclude that the numbers guys like Marino produced would have risen dramatically considering what they accomplished under more defensive friendly rules.

Hell, every time I see a defender penalized and tossed for roughing the QB I always think back to Greg Lloyd threatening to light up Marino all week long leading up to their MNF matchup. Then he actually made good on like the 4th play of the game when he was unblocked.

Could you imagine someone saying that then doing that to Brady, Rodgers, or Mahomes??? They’d probably never play again.

And I also think of all the hits Joe Montana suffered against the Giants. With today’s protection rules, maybe Montana plays until he’s 43. And because he would have been healthier longer (no back issue) maybe the Niners win a few more SB’s.

It’s all about timing and good fortune.

I know this. No chance Tom Brady plays til 43 if his career took place in that era.
Wow, 70. I don't know about 70, but I do know it would be fun to watch Marino play under today's rules.

You'll learn as you get older that it's cool to call football players 'Kids' but when that is immediately followed by 'get off my lawn' it's time to stop talking....
I’d only tell someone or thing to get off my lawn if a dog was dropping a deuce on it.

Feeling old...? I was 24/25 years old when I created this account.. now im 42..

Its crazy how much commentating matters. I've seen hundreds of more Charlotte Hornets local broadcast than fins perspective brodcast, cause well 66 more games a season, and i dont think i've ever gotten to actual hear a miami broadcast of a fins game. It seemed like preseason games they might have the local announce guys from time to time.

But the Hornets had a guy Steve Martin who was around FOREVER. pretty sure he was the original team, i know he did ncaa on the side. Towards the end he sounded like he might show up every once in a while with a good drunk, but none was ever more knowledgeable.

They replaced him with a young guy eric collins, he says so much stupid stuff, and screws up so many things. But now just cause the Hornets are media darlings thanks to a couple new players he is getting so much hype for his excitement and catch phrases. Like "NO NO NO NO NO!" yall need to be around for the other 98% of the game he's intolerable and butchers basic points of the game

I am lucky enough to have watched the super bowl champs live in the wonderful Orange Bowl. I was also lucky enough to be in there when we beat the Bears (83?) for their only defeat that year. What a game that was. Maybe the Dolphins best ever.

Back
Top Bottom