Im glad SF took Alex Smith.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im glad SF took Alex Smith..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Look what his own receivers are saying about him now..

Our Niners sources tell us that WRs Brandon Lloyd and Arnaz Battle weren't all that impressed with the passes thrown to them by Utah's Alex Smith in an early-April private workout in Salt Lake City. According to both receivers, Niners QB Tim Rattay has a better arm than Smith.

Courtesy of ESPN Insider

I think Saban would have went with Brown anyway, imo the Smith talk was a tradetalk ploy.

Anyway, what do you think Saban would do if his receivers came out and said stuff like that about Smith if he was drafted here? That cant be good for the kid's ego.

Did you see when they had Alex Smith on ESPN? He told a guy to go deep and he threw him the ball but he threw it over the wrong shoulder and out of bounds. I'm so glad we didn't have a chance to draft Smith.

I think Saban would have whooped their butts! The guys a rookie, and I wouldn't believe anything the SF receivers say... the only good one on their team plays TE.

SCall13 said:
Is Rattay practicing already? I thought he was hurt and was going be out a while.

I believe they are familliar with Rattay from playing with him in the past.

I wouldn't put too much into this, as a strong arm alone does not a QB make. I will wait to see how Smith performs over the next few years before I believe anything a couple of WR's that weren't taken at #1 in the draft say.

byroan said:
Did you see when they had Alex Smith on ESPN? He told a guy to go deep and he threw him the ball but he threw it over the wrong shoulder and out of bounds. I'm so glad we didn't have a chance to draft Smith.

When was this?

SkapePhin said:
I believe they are familliar with Rattay from playing with him in the past.

Duhh. LOL. I wasn't even thinking about that. I was just thinking they were comparing them from practices this year.

give the guy a chance he's 20 yrs old. And not like those reciever are all pro reciever to make those kind of comments.

I think San Francisco is one of the worst possible places Alex Smith could go. He's going to have a lot of trouble behind their offensive line and with poor WR threats throwing to young unproven guys. Eric Johnson is their only legit receiving threat. I'm expecting him to have a horrendous first season in San Francisco. I'm not even sure if he'll be able to finish our his first season whether it's to do injury or an unbearable performance. I don't think Tim Rattay is so bad considering what he's had to work with. He may very well beat out Alex Smith to the starting QB or may end up coming in and taking over. We have a lot work ourselves, but SF is a DISASTER!

Oh by the way, I'm glad we didn't get Alex Smith. :D

The reason I'm glad Smith was gone is he wasn't worth the #1 pick...He's a 2nd round pick who got hyped to the #1 spot, Campbell was a much better pick imho, and the skins got him..da* them...He may work out for them if they run a hybird of the west coast O. He won't have to throw deep constantly. I'm happy with Brown or Cedric or Benson, had we gotten them too. Apparently Smith wasn't wanted as much as everybody thought, since SF couldn't trade down either.

I was saying anything but a QB at #2 all along so yes I am happy too.

BUT.......why didn't the 9ers receivers give this message to the team before they picked him? Seems like info the coach would want to know.

SkapePhin said:
When was this?

It was on a Sportscenter segment about him. They showed it the week before the draft.

Maybe it's true, but I don't trust anything out of Lloyd's mouth. He called out Barlow and his team, and isn't a very good player himself.

He's lucky he's playing #1 (sort of... they don't really have a #1)... any other team he'd be a #2 at best. Lloyd needs to worry more about catching the football and less about who's throwing it.

Back
Top Bottom