I'm going out on a limb ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm going out on a limb !

dolphinsrok

Starter
Reaction score
Some of you might hate me, others won't

this is what i'm saying, if J bombs these last 3 games we dump him.

yeah the o-line sux yeah he has a knee, bottom line is that if he screws up any of these last 3 games i say we get rid of brian and J and get new blood next yr on the qb pos. abd 0-line pos

is not that j sux or i'm a basher, but next year everyone will expect the same shh, short passes from J 8 men fronts and no offense from miami, we need to change our offense if we don't make it happen and need to do it quick!

i hope J does it i love his heart, but if not sorry but he needs to ride, we can get another scrambler with a stronger arm. brian needs to ride like yesturday, we need qb's with legs. now J is getting hurt (because of the line) but we can't afford to keep waiting around. since his hand J's been pretty bad to average

too many teams already know miami--great run, short passes, every once in the blue chambers deep. if J dont do it .....peace

dump jay regardless.for what he is being paid and what we are getting is not matching up.let him go hes had 4 years to prove something and is just not getting it done also he is to injury prone i dont want to waste rickys career or the defense on jay and his BIG salary.also without a second thought send jamar flecther with him.

Jay is no fool, as much as many of us would like to think he is. He knows his back is against the wall and he knows how long it took him to be a starting QB in the NFL. He also knows he is due a major payday next season. Why do you think he is going to playing hurt on Monday night???? He knows that the 2003 season is not the only thing that is on the line. His career as a starting QB is also on the line as well regardless of what the O-line does or doesn't do. If Jay Fiedler does not step up and play well for the last 3 games of 2003 and tons of motivation we should know he probably never will.

Before people get on my case I just want to clear up one thing. I am in no way, shape or form a Brian Griese supporter. I think he sucks and would rather have a gimpy Fiedler than a 100% Griese playing for me anyday of the week. My opinion is just that this is it for Jay and he has to know it.

theyre both gone after this year neither will get us over the hump plain and simple

You can find the basketball portion of this thread HERE.

(When it comes to 2004), I really don't care what happens these next three games -- this offense needs to improve at every position (except perhaps RB) in the offseason. At the same time, there is no way to do this by brining in different players at every single position. I have to trust that whoever comes in at HC and OC can triage the needs and determine what parts stay and what parts get replaced in order to improve the whole.

I'm deadly serious about this. If Chris Chambers has to go for the good of the team, that works for me. Same goes for Fiedler, McMichael, and Konrad. While things are good on the defensive side of things, the same analysis has to be done. I'm not even opposed to getting rid of Ricky if there is an excellent reason to do so, though I really doubt that could be the case.

If Fiedler is cheap and it makes sense to start him while upgrading other things, I say go for it no matter if he goes 0-3 to end the season or 3-0. The same thing goes for Griese, Sage, or whatever free agent you like. Football is a team sport, and I think it's really just far too simplistic to reduce it down to "Jay goes 3-0, so he stays" or "Brian went 2-2, then got bailed out by Jay, so he goes".

no way is he going to be here next year, we need to bring in new blood, Jay is too expensive, but so is Brian.

Originally posted by DolfanF150
Jay is no fool, as much as many of us would like to think he is. He knows his back is against the wall and he knows how long it took him to be a starting QB in the NFL. He also knows he is due a major payday next season. Why do you think he is going to playing hurt on Monday night???? He knows that the 2003 season is not the only thing that is on the line. His career as a starting QB is also on the line as well regardless of what the O-line does or doesn't do. If Jay Fiedler does not step up and play well for the last 3 games of 2003 and tons of motivation we should know he probably never will.

Before people get on my case I just want to clear up one thing. I am in no way, shape or form a Brian Griese supporter. I think he sucks and would rather have a gimpy Fiedler than a 100% Griese playing for me anyday of the week. My opinion is just that this is it for Jay and he has to know it.

You Hit the Nail right on the Head it's not anti Jay it's the truth -well put.

Originally posted by Graythreat
no way is he going to be here next year, we need to bring in new blood, Jay is too expensive, but so is Brian.

Jay is too expensive with his current contract, but he will probably restructure. Right now, I think Jay will restructure and Brian will get cut.

Some of you might want Jay gone, but who are we going to get in free agency? We aren't getting Peyton Manning. The only guy we might be able to get is Mark Brunell, but he isn't what he used to be. I honestly wouldn't want Brunell on this team.

you have a right to that opinion ill agree to disagree jay should go or if he remains hes definitely a backup i dont think brunell is done yet im thinking brunell/sage/and draft pick

honestly what do you think, which team would have interest in jay ?

Last edited by a moderator:
uh? That's not going out on a limb. We know he's pretty much gone next year.

Back
Top Bottom