I'm gonna get bashed for this, but.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm gonna get bashed for this, but....

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I kind of liked Dave and his "Wanny-isms." The one thing I really liked about the guy was that he was a player's coach. I cannot remember him ever calling out a player within the media. He always dodged the tough question with a Wanny-ism. From the players' "standpoint," he was a pretty good guy. He just wasn't a good enough coach to get this team to the Big One. I'm glad he's gone, but he wasn't a bad person, he just made horrible decisions as a coach.

:shakeno:

The guy was the laughing stock of Head Coaches in the NFL...and his "Wanny-isms" were only part of the reason.

Saban was hired for a reason. He is going to fix the organization from the ground up...and make it a contender again.

I don't know if those are likable characteristics...I've always saw wanny as a "P***y. No guts whatsoever. Likable guy , yes, but not head coaching material IMO.

colmax said:
I kind of liked Dave and his "Wanny-isms." The one thing I really liked about the guy was that he was a player's coach. I cannot remember him ever calling out a player within the media. He always dodged the tough question with a Wanny-ism. From the players' "standpoint," he was a pretty good guy. He just wasn't a good enough coach to get this team to the Big One. I'm glad he's gone, but he wasn't a bad person, he just made horrible decisions as a coach.
At first I thought you were being serious, until I saw "standpoint". Now, I just don't know what to think :hitself:

FinzManiac said:

The guy was the laughing stock of Head Coaches in the NFL...and his "Wanny-isms" were only part of the reason.

Saban was fired for a reason. He is going to fix the organization from the ground up...and make it a contender again.

SABAN WAS FIRED?????? OH NO!!!! :lol:

colmax said:

1 - Players need to be called out sometimes. Otherwise they get soft. Truth be told, at the college level at least, some players crave being pushed.
2 - He was good at giving "Wanny-ism"s and I'll give him credit for doing it well.
3 - He was NOT a good guy from the players' standpoint. They got worse. Players (winners) want to win. Dave overachieved at first, but his fingerprint on the team was that of a loser.

colmax said:

i hated those qualities about him - he was the coach and he should have acted more like one

painnotpleasure said:
That's when you know you need to get some sleep. :lol: I think I might go get some myself.

Sleep? I have to work until 8 AM eastern.... :eek:

going to be a LONG night... :(

painnotpleasure said:
Sorry man. :(

Thanks for the condolences...I'll make it through somehow.

Maybe I can sneak in an hour nap...this chair does recline really nicely for an office chair... :wink:

:D

colmax said:
Not necessarily true. He'd call out a position and say we didn't get it done there. He just didn't say the players name.

Back
Top Bottom