"i'm Indebted To Fitz In How Selfless He's Being." -rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"i'm Indebted To Fitz In How Selfless He's Being." -rosen

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
"As Rosen climbs his way up the depth chart, gaining ground in the Dolphins quarterback battle, he is also quite thankful for Fitzpatrick’s role as a teammate despite their competition."

“He’s been unbelievably helpful. He’s probably one of the best mentors I’ve had in the sport,” Rosen said when asked about Fitzpatrick, who returned to Tampa with Miami after spending his past two seasons with the Buccaneers."

“He’s been an unbelievable teammate and very selfless in helping me so much,” Rosen continued.

“I’m indebted to Fitz in how selfless he’s being. Fitz, while he’s being selfless and what not, he’s competing his a$$ off. He’s balling. When/if/and/whatever this, whatever [quarterback competition], shakes out this year, he’s absolutely going to fight his balls off.”

“It’s pretty impressive how [Fitzpatrick] can walk up to the line and see it, know what coverage, everything they’re trying to do, and I’m just trying to get to that level,” Rosen said.

“I think I have a special skill-set that when I put those two together, it could be special. But it’s going to be a long road.”

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0190813-odcpnrc57ngvtomcbhexg6qb7i-story.html

We whiffed on Thyroid Taylor and Teddy bridge H2O but signing Fitz may have been the best mentor for Rosen to have.

Last edited:
We wiffed on Thyroid Taylor and Teddy bridge H2O but signing Fitz may have been the best mentor for Rosen to have.

I think it could be very much worth missing out on a comp pick to have his presence in the locker room this year and next.

I think it could be very much worth missing out on a comp pick to have his presence in the locker room this year and next.

If we miss a comp because of it, that's rough. But, I agree that his presence is huge for Flores and Rosen. For Flores, you set your culture and a guy like Fitz helps make it become a part of the locker room. For Rosen, he's got a mentor, tutor, and close friend who is also working for that starting gig, pushing Rosen amidst the QB coaching. I was hoping we would bring in Fitz all offseason, and the addition of Rosen has made his presence even more wanted. Glad we have the both of them. Interesting tandem to watch and root for.

He's already getting on my nerves...

giphy.gif

I just wish Caldwell was there for Rosen (and for Flores). Of course health and well being are of much more importance to and for him, but IMO this was a huge loss for the team.

On another note, remember how worked up some were over the false narrative that Rosen is an ayehole? Even with Larry Fitzgerald's unequivocal endorsement?

Actually he's demonstrated that he's anything but!!!!

We whiffed on Thyroid Taylor and Teddy bridge H2O but signing Fitz may have been the best mentor for Rosen to have.
I could have accepted Taylor as a bridge guy, but Fitz was probably the better option evem if we hadn't made tge Rosen trade.

I wanted nothing to do with Teddy though. His asking price would have handcuffed us for 3 years, minimum.

Man, Rosen sure does articulate his thoughts very well for a 22 year old..

I liked when he said, “I have a special skill set and once I Put it together it will be special..”

At least he’s confident..

I could have accepted Taylor as a bridge guy, but Fitz was probably the better option evem if we hadn't made tge Rosen trade.

I wanted nothing to do with Teddy though. His asking price would have handcuffed us for 3 years, minimum.
Chris grief played it smart and knew the dolphins had a rare opprotunity for someone to step in and be the starter at least for this year. No other teams had a better opprotunity that us. Taylor and teddy thought that they were going to get a high salary to come in for a year or two and just do that. The dolphins were rebuffed by both and then turned fitzpatrick for a fair amount to be exactly who they know he is going to be. If those two want to ride the coattails of rivers and bread then they can kick rocks for all we care. You had a chance to prove yourself and instead walked away

Back
Top Bottom