I’m just gonna say it | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m just gonna say it

Dobbins 1A, OL Or Tua 1B, OL or Herbert 1C.
Dobbins > impact than Young. By Far!

If we are going to take a RB in the first and I would be on board with that, I would rather Jonathan Taylor out of Wisconsin, I'm steering clear of Deandre Swift who plenty of folks have mocked to us, think it's too high personally for Dobbins, in the second round I would consider him but if Edwards-Helaire or Najee Harris are there, I would go that route over Dobbins.

I did a couple of those fan draft things the other night and ended up with...
1a: Espenza
1b: Austin Jackson
1c: had my choice of centers
2a: Eason

If they are as elite as you say, why are they relying on an ancient Fitzpatrick at QB instead of using their elite coaching to develop a talented Josh Rosen to be a good QB this year?

The book on Josh Rosen is yet unwritten. It is far from clear he has what it takes, nor is the evaluation over yet. I imagine he will be around to compete next year too.

However, perhaps they can also get a lot out of Fitz too? Give him a decent line and a running game? A good scheme? We can probably compete with Fitz next year assuming we surround him with that?

Desperation, impatience... and a childish desire for star-power.

Yeah, hmm. Why would a team sign a QB with a major injury to his shoulder like, Drew Brees? Oh wait, we didn’t sign him and now he’s like the all time leader in passing.

Tua may turn out to be an awesome QB or maybe he won’t.

But I’ll tell u what he is. He’s one of the best prospects I’ve ever seen.

So yeah, sure we don’t need to take a chance in the next Drew brees do we?

Yeah, hmm. Why would a team sign a QB with a major injury to his shoulder like, Drew Brees? Oh wait, we didn’t sign him and now he’s like the all time leader in passing.

Tua may turn out to be an awesome QB or maybe he won’t.

But I’ll tell u what he is. He’s one of the best prospects I’ve ever seen.

So yeah, sure we don’t need to take a chance in the next Drew brees do we?

The injury is worse that what Brees had.
Brees was already an established NFL QB.
Drew Brees is NOT Tua. Daunte Culpepper was ALSO coming off of an injury, so you could easily make the argument that because Culpepper failed, Tua will.

Correlation is not Causation.

Drew Brees was a very average at best qb before he went to the saints.

That’s why the chargers drafted Philip rivers with pick 4.

Love the original post and I agree. My turn to be bold:)

I don't think we wish to draft elite/great players. I think we want to draft players who love to play football and aspire to someday be great through hard work and dedication. I think we want to draft players who feel blessed and privileged for a chance to play the game. I don't think we want any part of players who feel a team is lucky to have drafted them. No room for divas nor the self-entitled on this team going forward.

Fitzpatrick is a 37 year old man who has made 58 million dollars already. Most people in that position would retire and live out their life in the lap of luxury. Yet this man suits up every Sunday for our Dolphins knowing he is going to take a beating. He plays with an infectious glee and joy seldom exhibited by anyone other than a 6 year old on Christmas morning. Some people think Rosen can't beat him out because he can't process the game fast enough. I highly doubt that is the whole story.

So get ready to be surprised by who we pick. Get ready to see FA pickups that reasonable previous busts and second chance guys. Get ready to see players extended, not because we think they are worth it, but because they have shown they will happily do anything it takes to be a part of this team.

Giants, jets ,bengals ...wouldn’t that lower our strength of schedule or is that already predetermined?

Love the original post and I agree. My turn to be bold:)

I don't think we wish to draft elite/great players. I think we want to draft players who love to play football and aspire to someday be great through hard work and dedication. I think we want to draft players who feel blessed and privileged for a chance to play the game. I don't think we want any part of players who feel a team is lucky to have drafted them. No room for divas nor the self-entitled on this team going forward.

Fitzpatrick is a 37 year old man who has made 58 million dollars already. Most people in that position would retire and live out their life in the lap of luxury. Yet this man suits up every Sunday for our Dolphins knowing he is going to take a beating. He plays with an infectious glee and joy seldom exhibited by anyone other than a 6 year old on Christmas morning. Some people think Rosen can't beat him out because he can't process the game fast enough. I highly doubt that is the whole story.

So get ready to be surprised by who we pick. Get ready to see FA pickups that reasonable previous busts and second chance guys. Get ready to see players extended, not because we think they are worth it, but because they have shown they will happily do anything it takes to be a part of this team.
I think you are on to something and I agree. From what I have seen the idea is to avoid the hyped players and gravitate towards real students of the game and guys with something to prove as opposed to say someone like the Antonio Browns of the league.

Dolphins probably finish 5-11. Don’t see them beating the Jets. Don’t really want them to either bc they’d have the same record at that point. Most likely beat the Giants and Bengals. Would suck in the draft order but whatever. Pats? Zero chance.

The injury is worse that what Brees had.
Brees was already an established NFL QB.
Drew Brees is NOT Tua. Daunte Culpepper was ALSO coming off of an injury, so you could easily make the argument that because Culpepper failed, Tua will.

Correlation is not Causation.

No, the injury is not worst based on initial reports. Clearly you don’t like Tua. That’s fine, but an injury to your throwing shoulder/arm is pretty serious, which is why our doctors failed him on his physical. By All reports, Tua will make a full recovery from his hip injury, although you never know. Culpepper needed his wheels to be successful, Brees needed his arm and his mind. Tua is the same.

At the end of the day, we’ll see how it turns out.

No, the injury is not worst based on initial reports. Clearly you don’t like Tua. That’s fine, but an injury to your throwing shoulder/arm is pretty serious, which is why our doctors failed him on his physical. By All reports, Tua will make a full recovery from his hip injury, although you never know. Culpepper needed his wheels to be successful, Brees needed his arm and his mind. Tua is the same.

At the end of the day, we’ll see how it turns out.

I don’t hate Tua. I’ve read the realistic doctor assessments of the injury. I also have a college roommate that suffered that injury in a car crash. Based on reading, and talking to my buddy, I don’t think his hip will withstand the 250-400 lb men falling on him for very long.

I hope I’m wrong for his sake. But the doctors say his femur can die with no warning up to 12 months after the injury. That is one hell of a chance to take for a first rounder. I wouldnt do it. 3rd round? Maybe. 2nd nope.

Back
Top Bottom