I’m just gonna say it | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m just gonna say it

I think Tua fits the Patriots offense. But can he stop running around and getting hurt? I think he can.. with Tua you need to spend 4 top 2 round picks in the next 2 years and actually hit on Legitimate NFL players. He cant risk injury like watson/mahomes does extending plays. Just play the pocket and get rid off the football

Could be 5 or 6 wins. We'll see. Either way, I think Tua could be in play. If not, I think the team may "gamble" on Love or Hurts, but not with their first #1. AJ Espensa might be the type of player they end up getting with the early #1.

We are going to go 3-1 our last 4 games vs Jets, Giants, Bengals, & Patriots. We are going to end up finishing 6-10 and probably have like the 10th pick in the draft or something like that.

We are going to do that because we have an excellent coaching staff, an above average QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Davante Parker/Geseiki however you spell his name.

The teams that. Demolish us are the teams that have a fierce pass rush, and out of those teams remaining, maybe only the patriots have a defensive front that will blow us away.

I’m okay with it. Let the pieces fall where they may. Long term, you have to feel great about our coaching staff, and for the next year or two I think we can make the playoffs with Fitz at QB if we improve the Oline, get a decent running back, and improve the defense wherever we can. We can still draft a young QB prospect somewhere in this draft and maybe the next, and might still even be able to land Tua depending upon his health and how far he falls so we can have our QB of the future being developed, but I’m down with rolling with Fitz for another year or two, why not? How can you not root for that dude?

If we do finish 6-10 with this roster, can you imagine we finished 7-9 last year? What an indictment on that coaching staff! Laughing so hard Gase is coaching the Jets.

In the beginning of the season, I was all aboard the tank for Tua train. This is mostly due to the breathtaking incompetence the previous coaching staffs of the past 17 years or so displayed on an annual basis that I thought the only way and surest way for us to get back to the mountain top was to draft an elite QB and Tua looked to me like one of the best prospects I had ever seen. Turns out, coaching and player development matter more than just about anything.

Obviously, Tua got hurt, and we started winning and Fitz has demonstrated that he’s still got some magic left. Coaching staff looks like it could be special, and have laid the foundation for a winning culture, very patriot like in it’s schemes and the types of players they like. I’m all in man!
Because (in My opinion of course) Fitz is not magic, never has been and never will be and I do not understand why he got that nickname. Marino was magic, Fitz is just aboveboard average for a nfl QB. The only reason I would see Fitz as a starting QB next season is if we’re holding out for Lawrence or Fields.... sun shines up a dogs backside once in it’s lifetime.......... enjoy the rays fitz..... if as u say the coaching staff are doing a great job (which I concur with) and they can make chicken soup out of chicken s**t, then what can the coaching staff do with a genuine QB......

Because (in My opinion of course) Fitz is not magic, never has been and never will be and I do not understand why he got that nickname. Marino was magic, Fitz is just aboveboard average for a nfl QB. The only reason I would see Fitz as a starting QB next season is if we’re holding out for Lawrence or Fields.... sun shines up a dogs backside once in it’s lifetime.......... enjoy the rays fitz..... if as u say the coaching staff are doing a great job (which I concur with) and they can make chicken soup out of chicken s**t, then what can the coaching staff do with a genuine QB......
Dat swag tho ...

fitz.jpg
:lol:

The primadonna types need to be avoided avoided avoided...

No more selfish Minkah types.
Ben Volin once had an interview with an ex Patriots player and he was asked "how are the Patriots always so successful with players who other teams consider garbage?"
The answer: "BB does not only picks players based on strength but on weaknesses. Sometimes they don't put players in positions they picked them originally for. His favorite question to potential Patriots players is 'we know your strength. We challenge you on your weaknesses. Are you willing to work on your weaknesses rather than your strengths and are you willing to play any position we put you in?'"

Selfish players and prima donnas and divas have no place with the Dolphins anymore. You work hard. You do what your assignment is. You play the position they put you at. Team and dedication to the team comes first.

**** it.

Draft Tua at 10. Let him sit and learn and build up the OL and DL.
Tua has indicated that he may return for his senior season at Alabama. If he thinks he will drop in the draft because of the hip surgery, he just might decide to stay at Alabama and wait for the 2021 draft.

At worst he would be the second pick in the 2021 draft if he shows he is healthy and he will get paid a lot more money by being the second pick instead of the tenth pick or later in the 2020 draft.

Tua has indicated that he may return for his senior season at Alabama. If he thinks he will drop in the draft because of the hip surgery, he just might decide to stay at Alabama and wait for the 2021 draft.

At worst he would be the second pick in the 2021 draft if he shows he is healthy and he will get paid a lot more money by being the second pick instead of the tenth pick or later in the 2020 draft.
He hasn’t indicated which way or the other at this time on what he’s going to do. Him going back to Bama to sit and get healthy won’t raise or lower his stock in 2021 because he won’t play a down next year, so what would be the point in him going back to college unless he plans to become a redshirt senior the following year when he’s supposedly healthy and come out in 2022.
I can’t see him staying I think he declares for the draft before Jan. 20th.

Ben Volin once had an interview with an ex Patriots player and he was asked "how are the Patriots always so successful with players who other teams consider garbage?"
The answer: "BB does not only picks players based on strength but on weaknesses. Sometimes they don't put players in positions they picked them originally for. His favorite question to potential Patriots players is 'we know your strength. We challenge you on your weaknesses. Are you willing to work on your weaknesses rather than your strengths and are you willing to play any position we put you in?'"

Selfish players and prima donnas and divas have no place with the Dolphins anymore. You work hard. You do what your assignment is. You play the position they put you at. Team and dedication to the team comes first.
Belicheck can be as demanding as he is because he has the championships to back up his demands. Yet other than O‘Brien with the Texans, none of his former assistant coaches have really had any success as head coaches in the NFL.
Hopefully Flores will be successful in Miami but the players will only buy into the system over time if it is successful. Right now a lot of below average NFL payers seem to be buying in but we will get the real answer on Flores when we see if above average NFL players eventually buy into his system.

Fitzpatrick was probably the best player on the entire defense and he didn’t buy into the system. He fit right into the Steelers defense and he never had a problem at Alabama. The Dolphins just can’t afford to get rid of outstanding players like Fitzpatrick, IMO.

He hasn’t indicated which way or the other at this time on what he’s going to do. Him going back to Bama to sit and get healthy won’t raise or lower his stock in 2021 because he won’t play a down next year, so what would be the point in him going back to college unless he plans to become a redshirt senior the following year when he’s supposedly healthy and come out in 2022.
You may be right but as of yesterday he was still unsure what he was going to do in regards to entering the draft or returning to Alabama. I think his determination will be made on what he hears from the NFL about where he might be drafted because of the injury.
Personally I don’t see the Dolphins drafting him with their first pick and if he does come out, he won‘t be on the board when they have their second first round pick.

You may be right but as of yesterday he was still unsure what he was going to do in regards to entering the draft or returning to Alabama. I think his determination will be made on what he hears from the NFL about where he might be drafted because of the injury.
Personally I don’t see the Dolphins drafting him with their first pick and if he does come out, he won‘t be on the board when they have their second first round pick.
As much as I’d love to see Tua in aqua and orange, I don’t see them picking him up either.

Can’t say I agree with won’t play a down next year. Unless that hip fracture doesn’t heal properly/develops something out of it

Can’t say I agree with won’t play a down next year. Unless that hip fracture doesn’t heal properly/develops something out of it
I can’t see him playing at all next year, maybe play by the middle to end of the season and what good is that going to do to his draft stock, that type of injury is going to need a lot of time to heal correctly without issue.

I originally wanted Miami to draft Tua, but that was before his hip injury. IMO, I now think drafting Tua would be a big mistake from a durability issue. I also don't think Miami will not lose all of its remaining games and will fall further in the draft order. Miami does not have to draft a QB in 2020. They can build the foundation of the team and than draft Lawrence or Fields next year.

Back
Top Bottom