I’m just gonna say it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m just gonna say it

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We are going to go 3-1 our last 4 games vs Jets, Giants, Bengals, & Patriots. We are going to end up finishing 6-10 and probably have like the 10th pick in the draft or something like that.

We are going to do that because we have an excellent coaching staff, an above average QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Davante Parker/Geseiki however you spell his name.

The teams that. Demolish us are the teams that have a fierce pass rush, and out of those teams remaining, maybe only the patriots have a defensive front that will blow us away.

I’m okay with it. Let the pieces fall where they may. Long term, you have to feel great about our coaching staff, and for the next year or two I think we can make the playoffs with Fitz at QB if we improve the Oline, get a decent running back, and improve the defense wherever we can. We can still draft a young QB prospect somewhere in this draft and maybe the next, and might still even be able to land Tua depending upon his health and how far he falls so we can have our QB of the future being developed, but I’m down with rolling with Fitz for another year or two, why not? How can you not root for that dude?

If we do finish 6-10 with this roster, can you imagine we finished 7-9 last year? What an indictment on that coaching staff! Laughing so hard Gase is coaching the Jets.

In the beginning of the season, I was all aboard the tank for Tua train. This is mostly due to the breathtaking incompetence the previous coaching staffs of the past 17 years or so displayed on an annual basis that I thought the only way and surest way for us to get back to the mountain top was to draft an elite QB and Tua looked to me like one of the best prospects I had ever seen. Turns out, coaching and player development matter more than just about anything.

Obviously, Tua got hurt, and we started winning and Fitz has demonstrated that he’s still got some magic left. Coaching staff looks like it could be special, and have laid the foundation for a winning culture, very patriot like in it’s schemes and the types of players they like. I’m all in man!

If we win an get to 6-10 our pick will be 11 if it all alines correctly according to that website. But, if we definitely do that would be a huge accomplishment of a grand proportion for this team an our Coach. Plus, Coach Flo and staff should get COTY and staff the year. I predicted 4-12 at beginning of the season and we are 1 win away from that. If we get to 6-10 that's pure gravy and we know we have our coach to get us to the top.

I dont think we win 3 more games. Fitzpatrick can lose you a game just as easily as he can win one. Plus we still have a very bad roster. We cant run the ball, we struggle to protect the QB, we cant rush the passer. We Could go 3-1, but we could just as easily go 0-4. Ultimately I think it will be somewhere in the middle.

Turns out, coaching and player development matter more than just about anything.

Obviously, Tua got hurt, and we started winning and Fitz has demonstrated that he’s still got some magic left. Coaching staff looks like it could be special, and have laid the foundation for a winning culture, very patriot like in it’s schemes and the types of players they like. I’m all in man!

I like to welcome you to the real world. :cheers:

Good post and i like the point about possible 6-10 vs 7-9 last year. Man that would be an accomplishment for the coaches and players given where we are in this rebuild.

If we win an get to 6-10 our pick will be 11 if it all alines correctly according to that website. But, if we definitely do that would be a huge accomplishment of a grand proportion for this team an our Coach. Plus, Coach Flo and staff should get COTY and staff the year. I predicted 4-12 at beginning of the season and we are 1 win away from that. If we get to 6-10 that's pure gravy and we know we have our coach to get us to the top.

It also sends a message to the NFLPA that most of these vets are grossly overpaid. Look at how badly so many teams are performing with absolute studs on their rosters.

If Flo can do more with less, just wait till he gets some more :)

If Tua is there at 11, take him. I agree, let him sit. Get that hip healthy. The most important thing is GET HIM IN THE FOLD. Roll with Fitz; it didn't hurt Mahomes one bit to sit a year. Tua can get practice reps, learn the system, heal, and the team/players will have a year to adjust to him being the future. They are smart enough to know that Fitz, no matter how hard they play for him, is 37 and a stop gap.
After that, just fill in all over the offense. Beef up the lines,, everything. Let those new players learn the system, so when Tua steps in our offense is set up for success. Free agency is also key. I bet we add 10 free agents(keep an eye on the Dallas CB Byron....Jones?) and then other, lower priced guys, and 15 plus draft picks after trade downs.
Next year will still be a year of acclimation due to all the new players, just teaching them the system, But we should be ready to roll in 2021 and then pinpoint our weaknesses.

I dont think we win 3 more games. Fitzpatrick can lose you a game just as easily as he can win one. Plus we still have a very bad roster. We cant run the ball, we struggle to protect the QB, we cant rush the passer. We Could go 3-1, but we could just as easily go 0-4. Ultimately I think it will be somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, but the Bengals, Jets, and Giants just might suck more than we do, or certainly just as bad.

2-2 is my prediction:

@jets - Loss
@Giants - Win
Bengals - Win
@Patriots - Loss

Looks like the Pats will still have playoff position to play for, so that should be an easy loss. Gase will get his revenge game, he can't afford to get swept by this bad Dolphins team.

I could see a loss vs Giants too, just because its away an in the cold.

Bengals should be an easy victory since they will likely pack it in now that they aren't winless.

Back
Top Bottom