I’m just gonna say it | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m just gonna say it

If we are sold on Tua, we are not going to sit at 9 or 10 or wherever mid round we pick and take the chance he falls to us. We will move up to secure him. If we are not sold on his injury status, we will not draft him and probably move up for Herbert ! Picking around that spot is going to kill our overall draft, we need those 3 firsts to fill all the holes we have.

At this stage I don't see how we lose to the Giants, the Bengals at home with them already getting the one win they wanted to not go down as 0-16 is almost a certainty, the road games at the Jets and the Pats (hopefully the Bills can keep pushing them for the division title, so they have to play their stars against us), are the only tough games left, I suspect we lose both those, Gase at home is much better than Gase on the road.

Turns out, coaching and player development matter more than just about anything.
Pump the breaks here. If you are assuming that this staff is elite and you still end up 6-10, then does coaching and player development really matter "more than just about anything"?

I'm not trying to rain on your parade because 6-10 would be a miracle with this roster especially considering how they played early, but the players still win you games. We need more players.

PS: Hopefully there are a lot of teams that decide that Tua is too much of a risk and let him slide to us. 6-10 with this coaching staff, we still get Tua, and we finally luck out and he turns out to be healthy long term? You can't get much better than that.

I think we win 4 of our last 5 (Eagles win included of course).

Also - Could you imagine the 2020 hype if we won out the last 5 and somehow beat the Patriots again! Holy Cow would that be an exciting way to end the season!!!

If we are sold on Tua, we are not going to sit at 9 or 10 or wherever mid round we pick and take the chance he falls to us. We will move up to secure him. If we are not sold on his injury status, we will not draft him and probably move up for Herbert ! Picking around that spot is going to kill our overall draft, we need those 3 firsts to fill all the holes we have.

At this stage I don't see how we lose to the Giants, the Bengals at home with them already getting the one win they wanted to not go down as 0-16 is almost a certainty, the road games at the Jets and the Pats (hopefully the Bills can keep pushing them for the division title, so they have to play their stars against us), are the only tough games left, I suspect we lose both those, Gase at home is much better than Gase on the road.

If Tua were healthy I would consider trading up to get him, but not now with this injury. If he falls to Dolphins wherever they pick, I take him. But they need those multiple first rounders to fill out this roster.

The good thing about the multiple picks is that it mitigates the risk of taking an injured player first. But you can’t package them up for the injure player. That’s too much unfortunately. This roster is so depleted that we need those players.

If we end up with 5 or 6 wins that means I WAS RIGHT all offseason and all of the “3 win team” crowd was WRONG. We all know there is nothing more important than being RIGHT about what we post on here. Not even the draft.

Last edited:
2-2 is my prediction:

@jets - Loss
@Giants - Win
Bengals - Win
@Patriots - Loss

Looks like the Pats will still have playoff position to play for, so that should be an easy loss. Gase will get his revenge game, he can't afford to get swept by this bad Dolphins team.

I could see a loss vs Giants too, just because its away an in the cold.

Bengals should be an easy victory since they will likely pack it in now that they aren't winless.

Just imagine the FALLOUT in NY if we sweep the Jets. I know the owner has already endorsed him for next season, but you have to think some hammer will come down if he gets swept by the "tanking" Dolphins :lol:

Don’t act like you’ve seen this on this team since Jimmy Johnson. It’s been nearly 20 years since we’ve had some version of it.
Of course not. That was always a downfall. I always contended that 7-9 to 9-7 is not purgatory but rather an indication of down coaching and the inability of the FO to get additional talent to make the next step. We have suffered under both for the last two decades.

The reason why I say "welcome to the real world" is because I (as well as others) have preached this since the offseason. Tanking and sucking and hoping to go 0-16 to have that elusive #1 draft spot in hopes that we will eventually turn it around is a pipe dream if you do not have the right coaching. Banking on a good coach first and foremost is the most important thing for a franchise who wants to turn it around is the real world.

Just imagine the FALLOUT in NY if we sweep the Jets. I know the owner has already endorsed him for next season, but you have to think some hammer will come down if he gets swept by the "tanking" Dolphins :lol:
Oh Gase is going to convince the Johnsons that Greg Williams is the problem after all. And then he hires Burke. :lol:

We are going to go 3-1 our last 4 games vs Jets, Giants, Bengals, & Patriots. We are going to end up finishing 6-10 and probably have like the 10th pick in the draft or something like that.

We are going to do that because we have an excellent coaching staff, an above average QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Davante Parker/Geseiki however you spell his name.

The teams that. Demolish us are the teams that have a fierce pass rush, and out of those teams remaining, maybe only the patriots have a defensive front that will blow us away.

I’m okay with it. Let the pieces fall where they may. Long term, you have to feel great about our coaching staff, and for the next year or two I think we can make the playoffs with Fitz at QB if we improve the Oline, get a decent running back, and improve the defense wherever we can. We can still draft a young QB prospect somewhere in this draft and maybe the next, and might still even be able to land Tua depending upon his health and how far he falls so we can have our QB of the future being developed, but I’m down with rolling with Fitz for another year or two, why not? How can you not root for that dude?

If we do finish 6-10 with this roster, can you imagine we finished 7-9 last year? What an indictment on that coaching staff! Laughing so hard Gase is coaching the Jets.

In the beginning of the season, I was all aboard the tank for Tua train. This is mostly due to the breathtaking incompetence the previous coaching staffs of the past 17 years or so displayed on an annual basis that I thought the only way and surest way for us to get back to the mountain top was to draft an elite QB and Tua looked to me like one of the best prospects I had ever seen. Turns out, coaching and player development matter more than just about anything.

Obviously, Tua got hurt, and we started winning and Fitz has demonstrated that he’s still got some magic left. Coaching staff looks like it could be special, and have laid the foundation for a winning culture, very patriot like in it’s schemes and the types of players they like. I’m all in man!
I Vote this as post of the year

Of course not. That was always a downfall. I always contended that 7-9 to 9-7 is not purgatory but rather an indication of down coaching and the inability of the FO to get additional talent to make the next step. We have suffered under both for the last two decades.

The reason why I say "welcome to the real world" is because I (as well as others) have preached this since the offseason. Tanking and sucking and hoping to go 0-16 to have that elusive #1 draft spot in hopes that we will eventually turn it around is a pipe dream if you do not have the right coaching. Banking on a good coach first and foremost is the most important thing for a franchise who wants to turn it around is the real world.

Coach and QB are 1A and 1B in terms of importance.

You have both, you are golden. See: Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks, Saints, Chiefs. Long term sustained success.

Have only 1, you may see intermittent success every other season, but ping pong between good and bad seasons. See: Chargers, Falcons, Packers, Colts, Panthers.

This team is going nowhere without a QB. Flores will be run out of town by Year 4 if he doesn’t find a QB, even if he is a legit HC.

Let’s keep counting on Fitzpatrick. Because that’s worked out so well for the million and one teams who have tried it with him before.
Nobody is counting on him. But he gives a young offense a fair chance to develop. That's called a veteran presence.

fair enough, I just hadn’t seen it in an awful long time around here. it might be more rare than a franchise QB. Think about it, how many teams have it? Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks, Saints? Those are the teams that do it consistently for a decade or more. It is very rare, and I think we may have finally found it again ourselves!

Back
Top Bottom