Im kinda jealous of........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im kinda jealous of........

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the raiders............gallery AND grove........o'well, we had a good draft :)

they need all the help they can get

It's easier when you have the 2nd pick or so in every round.

What really sucked about Oakland having such a high pick is that they really arent a bad team as far as talent goes. Theyll be right back in the thick of things again this year.

picks in the top ten usually mean that your team sucks. Only two teams have not had a top ten draft pick in the last ten years, the Broncos and the Fins!!!! Even without those top ten draft picks, the Fins are the winningest team over the last 15 years. Love It!!!

Yeah Gallery was a given, but Grove kind of made me go wow, good line for their future.

KillerJosh373 said:
What really sucked about Oakland having such a high pick is that they really arent a bad team as far as talent goes. Theyll be right back in the thick of things again this year.

Let's not get totally crazy. The Raiders finally have some youth on the roster but the majority of skill players are veterans running on their last legs. Rice, Gannon, Brown, etc, had their last chance at a title 2 years ago. They will be improved this year, but not in the playoffs.

I wrote this in a thread while the draft was going on.

Norv Turner learned from being with Miami, it seems. Gallery AND Grove with 2 first picks. How did he sway Al Davis?? I'm sure Al Davis wanted Roy Williams.

Norv Turner also selected Stuart Schweigert, a player that Miami conveyed. Seems as though Spielman will battle urner for every player they like as they do have the same philosophies in talent maybe??

midwest_phinfan said:
Let's not get totally crazy. The Raiders finally have some youth on the roster but the majority of skill players are veterans running on their last legs. Rice, Gannon, Brown, etc, had their last chance at a title 2 years ago. They will be improved this year, but not in the playoffs.

Don't understand how you could make that statement. The Raiders have the defense to consistently be very good week in and week out. The Patriots secondary coach of last year is the D-coord over there and Norv Turner is taking over the offense. That team is in the right direction for consistant winning seasons.

They add Washington, Rudd, Ray Buchanon and Sapp on defense to go with the talent they already have. All they are missing is a pass rushing DE. On offense, they have Gannon for now, Porter and that rookie WR of last year waiting right behind Rice and Tim Brown to take over as well as Jerrich Crotchery I believe. Teyo Johnson at TE with Jolley.

Their line is young with Gallery and Grove and have a need at RB in a desperate way.

They should be good. They could win many games this year.

I think they got Johnnie Morant in the later rounds.

But I agree. Oakland looks like they could get good again real quick. Will old man Gannon be able to get it done in a vertical offense??

Muck, I personally was surprised Norv Turner did not go for Manning or Roethlisberger.

IMO, Gannon is done. He's been getting rattled real easy early in games and does not recover. Ever since the Buccs Superbowl game, seems as though he sees the field in a different way or something in a negative effect. Maybe he sees the field alot smaller than he did before he met the Buccs??

I knew the Raiders got a WR in late rounds, but thought it was Jerricho Crotchery.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I knew the Raiders got a WR in late rounds, but thought it was Jerricho Crotchery.
It was Johnnie Morant and Carlos Francis (fastest player at the combine).

Back
Top Bottom