I'm new to this board, but here's my analysis of the Dolphins/Bills game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm new to this board, but here's my analysis of the Dolphins/Bills game

infiltrateib

TV Doctor
Reaction score
Next up: The Buffalo Bills. Led by Price, Moulds, and Bledsoe, they're much like the Vikings of 2-3 years ago. They have very little defense, they have a weak nickel back, but they sling the ball through the air with ease.

Keys to the game:

1. Pressure Bledsoe

I say this every week, but it is ESPECIALLY important this Sunday. The Bills are a very dangerous team, and we don't want to get in a shootout with them. The good thing about Bledsoe is that you always know where he's going to be--about 5-7 steps back in the pocket. The man is a statue, he's not going anywhere. If JT can work his usual magic and put ol' Bledsoe on his back 8-10 times with a couple sacks in there, he's going to be off his rhythm. Bledsoe has a tendency to throw the costly interception, and we need to make that come true.

2. Get an early lead

The 2002 Miami Dolphins play much, much better when they have the lead. Ray Lucas gets the start, and he needs confidence. He's the kind of QB that is very, very intense and plays better when he has confidence. If we get an early lead, he can build off of that. Buffalo's rushing defense is very weak, and we should be able to exploit that. If we can come out throwing and grab a 14-0 lead, we can use 34 up the middle interspersed with play action to keep the game in our hands. The Bills are a team that uses the pass to set up the run (and not vice versa, like we do) and that is why Travis Henry can be effective. They run a lot of draw plays with him, because they know with the quality of their WRs that they can spread the field and get the defense to bite. If they start slinging the ball around, they're going to be effective with the running game as well. We can stop all this by getting an early lead, making them abandon the run and getting pressure on Bledsoe.

3. Pick on Chris Watson

Chris Watson is a big reason why this game could be in our hands immediately. We have so many weapons on offense (Chambers, Ricky, Konrad, McMichael, Clark, Gadsden, etc.) and a mobile quarterback... this means that we can spread out the defense, try to get McMichael isolated with Watson, and just tear apart the Bills' D. This will cause them to make adjustments, bringing help in the middle of the field, and opening things up for Chambers on the long ball and Ricky in the middle. Watson is a poor man's Fletcher (hey, I'm giving Fletcher credit here, he's been better as of late) and he's not going to be able to handle McMichael or Ward...

4. Sur-tahn and Madison

Simple as this: we need to stop the Buffalo WRs. Price and Moulds have a tendency to have big games against Miami (see previous 3 years). There isn't much to say here, but we just need to jam their routes, take them off of their game, and get pressure on Bledsoe to get him to start forcing throws.

I'll admit, this game isn't going to be easy. Buffalo has an excellent offense and a great QB. We just need to get pressure on Bledsoe and force mistakes. We have such an incredible pass defense that we can blitz with 1-2 LBs and make Bledsoe hurry his throws. Once we pick up an interception or two, he's going to hesitate with his throws and that's when the sacks start rolling in. Here's to a great game, GO FINS.

Good analysis and welcome to the board. The two biggest players for this game will be Jason Taylor and Ricky Williams. As they go, so will the Dolphins vs the Bills.

If Sam and Pat play like they did last night, this game is nothing more than a bump in the road......

Whats up Infiltra!!!
I used to post on the Herald board as well...Glad to see you followed my advice and came here..
For all other finehaveners infiltra is a top notch poster:up:

Welcome Infiltrateib, I remember you from the Herald Board.

Hey infiltrate, did you get tired of all the idiotic posts from Raiderjoey on the Herald board. Welcome. You will hear from some of the other teaMS fans, but for the most part they are the more educated fans rather than just a bunch of homers. Anybody else drink of the champaigne last night?

Very knowledgable post. You keyed in on many good points! One thing I disagree on is Bledsoe. He is very tough and is DIFFERENT than when he played for patriots. He is on pace to slash almost every QB record.

But as I said, you are very intelligent and did your homework. Hopefuly Watson plays his game!

Originally posted by BMarion31
If Sam and Pat play like they did last night, this game is nothing more than a bump in the road......

haha. Right...:rolleyes:

You don't think so? What will you all do if Moulds and Price are covered? Can't run the ball. You could dink and dunk to your TE and FB, but that won't keep you in the game for more than the first half......

We cant run- do you realize Henry has more TD's than Williams and only 100 less yards?

And one factor you forgot- JOSH REED!

Do you realize we have a top 7 run defense? Not too worried about Reed. If Fletcher can't handle him be himself, I think they will give him some safety or LB help......

Yah- we have a top 3-- should help with Williams...huh?

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Good analysis and welcome to the board. The two biggest players for this game will be Jason Taylor and Ricky Williams. As they go, so will the Dolphins vs the Bills.

yes that is it. jason taylor is going to use that LT as bad as he used Salaam last night. the question is not whether bledsoe will hold up. the question is whether bledose will get picked two to three times like against oakland. once teh pressure of JT takes effect, bledsoe will crush under the heat of teh sun and the crowd. it is so much different playing in Miami. i say buffalo only scores 17 points. welcome to the real miami dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom