Im not bashing ronnie | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im not bashing ronnie

Sammy Morris

:tantrum: Like Said Before I Take Sammy M. Over R.b. Any Day R. Brown His Young Kid He Needs To Learn More They Both Play With Same O.line.s.morris Used To Be A Fullback Thats A Shame To R.brown.

dominizzo said:
What year will Ronnie get his 1k yardage
Prolly woulda been this year except for a freak accident. If he pulled a hammy or ankle sprain or something then maybe you can make an injury bug argument, but he broke his hand on a freakin helmet.

and Pompy I haven't seen it explained either, but Saban himself says it is very hard to play RB with a broken hand, especially his main hand. HE didn't get into why, just said it was and nobody really questioned it.

Dmancari23 said:
Ronnie was a backup in college, has injury issues, and has never been a guy who could carry the load.

Please god let Ricky back into the NFL. He doesnt smoke no more. Honest:rolleyes:

Morris 7 years- 346 CRs- 1365 Yards
103 Catches- 757 yards

Brown 1 1/2 years 409 Cr's- 1690 yards
61 catches 483 yards

Brown is by far a better back, and lets not forget that Sammy just maybe juiced up this year, he had the 4 game suspension and looks bigger and quicker then he ever has.

Ronnie was a backup in college, has injury issues,

I think he missed two games in 03, I would not call that "injury issues". I agree he does not hit the hole hard enough in my humble opinion, but sometimes I wonder what people expect. You do not draft a Tomlinson every day

Dmancari23 said:
Ronnie was a backup in college, has injury issues, and has never been a guy who could carry the load. Sammie is fresh, and takes little beating, so of course he'll look faster right now. Ronnie is worn out...he's never had to carry this kind of load. I think, he'll continually get injured if he's the featured back. Hopefully we'll find someone to replace, or supplement him with. Just my opinion.

Nothing worn about Ronnie, finger broken in a helmet is not worn, and Ronnie's faster than Sammy. You Ronnie haters just never quit.

Ronnie is overrated. It's as simple as that in my opinion....

After watching guys like Jones-Drew / Gore / Parker / and Bush play, they make Ronnie look like nothing but a second string talent. Even after only two starts, Morris is begining to make Ronnie look overrated. Sad, but true....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Dmancari23 said:
Sammie doesn't get himself into piles. It's Ronnie's lack of up the field speed that gets him caught up in those piles while Sammie hits the holes and is picking up 5.3 yards per carry. I don't care what the guy's name is or where he is drafted, if he's getting my team 5.3 ypc, I'm a happy camper. Our 1st rounder hasn't come close to that kind of production.

He's actually picking up 4.6yds per carry with 64 carries on the year. He averaged 4.9yds per carry in the NE game, so I don't know where the 5.3 came from.

Ronnie picked up 4.4yds per carry last year with 207 carries, so he has had that kind of production.

I'm thrilled Sammy is playing so well, but he won't take the starting job from Ronnie.

phishfan4life said:
He's actually picking up 4.6yds per carry with 64 carries on the year. He averaged 4.9yds per carry in the NE game, so I don't know where the 5.3 came from.

Ronnie picked up 4.4yds per carry last year with 207 carries, so he has had that kind of production.

I'm thrilled Sammy is playing so well, but he won't take the starting job from Ronnie.
If you would read everything instead of just what you want, I said since Ronnie Brown's injury, in his absense Sammie has averaged 5.3 yards per carry. It's very simple math. 261 yards on 49 carries=5.3 ypc. It seems that each and every week more and more of us become skeptical of Mr. Brown, and I for one have been so since we drafted the guy. I'm glad people are seeing that we drafted the most overrated player in that draft finally. He was nothing more than a "workout warrior" at the combine, and he got some money out of it. Can't blame him for it, but he's not producing enough for a 2nd overall pick in ANY draft. I won't call him a bust, I would just call him a huge dissapointment and OVERRATED. Hopefully Saban is smart enough to draft a RB that can actually be THE GUY at some point, because Ronnie is not. Thankfully, we should have Ricky Williams' services back next year.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Ronnie is overrated. It's as simple as that in my opinion....

Dolpin fans are to busy searching for a hero to admit it. Doesn't matter, those who accept what is around the Dolphins right now as greatness on any level is beyond reason. The Dolphins have developed into a mediocre franchise with fans accepting mediocre goals. Look at the rookie class this year in the NFL. And in Miami the Ronnie excuses roll on.

Back
Top Bottom