I'm not surprised | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm not surprised

finforlife

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I came on this board yesterday and said Harbaugh was using us for leverage and that's exactly what he did.

Whether he goes to 9ers or Stanford, he got a better deal and that's all he wanted all along. I don't think he was ever serious about uprooting his family and moving across the country, but being the slimy college coach he is, he used Ross to get himself a better deal.

I don't think he ever really wanted our job, but he loved being courted and it could only help his financial situation. I think he goes back to Stanford a richer man, especially with his QB announcing he's staying. No way Luck makes that decision without knowing Harbaugh is coming back.

Blame Ross if you want, and I'm sure many of you are, but Harbaugh hung him out to dry. This was handled poorly and that was Ross' biggest mistake. But you can't blame Ross if he threw a truckload of money at Harbaugh (which I'm guessing he did) and was turned down.

Harbaugh can go back to college, maybe win a title, and still have plenty of NFL opportunities next season.

I saw this coming all along so I can't say I'm surprised.

Good for Harbaugh if that's what he did. He wanted the 49ers job more than he wanted the Miami job and he was able to get a few more million out of the 49ers. So it wasn't about the money and it was about the money. But Harbaugh did the right thing by playing both sides. He got the job he wanted for the money he wanted. Hell of a business man. I respect that.

But **** Ross. This dude is a royal **** up. You can't search for a new head coach, not get the guy you want and then run back to your current failure of a coach that everyone knows you don't want.

I feel bad for sparano. He didn't deserve this. Hopefully the players play harder for him. I still believe they stand behind him

Good for Harbaugh if that's what he did. He wanted the 49ers job more than he wanted the Miami job and he was able to get a few more million out of the 49ers. So it wasn't about the money and it was about the money. But Harbaugh did the right thing by playing both sides. He got the job he wanted for the money he wanted. Hell of a business man. I respect that.

But **** Ross. This dude is a royal **** up. You can't search for a new head coach, not get the guy you want and then run back to your current failure of a coach that everyone knows you don't want.

I agree. I wish he could have gauged Harbaugh's interest before flying out there in panic mode trying to make this happen.

I'm sure it happens a lot in the NFL where an owner looks around, realizes he can't fix what he already has, and goes back to his old coach. They're just able to keep it private.

I wonder if Ross and Ireland maintained any contact with Sparano the past few days? I hope they offered him the decency of at least telling him what was going on, rather than him reading it in the papers.

Back
Top Bottom