I'm really starting to think Cleveland will take Quinn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm really starting to think Cleveland will take Quinn

NMUCats

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Up until this last week I still thought there was a great chance that Quinn would fall to #9, but I really believe Quinn will be snatched up by the Browns now. Now granted I'm not tight with Phil Savage, but I've been following both boards pretty much since the end of the collegiate season, and never have I seen more support for the Quinn pick than I do now. Keep in mind most Browns fans are Buckeye fans as well, who aren't very fond of ND, and the week after the Sugar Bowl 80-90% of the Browns' board was dead set against Quinn, but the fans have done a 180 on him since then. Here's my proof from a thread today:http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149#S=149&F=1767&T=292434

Like I said, it's all speculation and I don't know how Savage feels, but obviously the Browns' fans feel it is a strong possibility, because they've had a thread on Quinn basically every day for the last two weeks, including the one today. We shall see.

alen1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
we'r not getting quinn unfortunately. Savage announced other day that they will try to trade up with oakland so they can get russell and oakland can get CJ or they will just take quinn.He said he is not in love with peterson anymore and he said they like jamal lewis in the backfield.so that means they will take quinn cuz russell likely wont b there.sorry no link

NMUCats

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You're right Borat

Savage has made the impression that he is head over heels for Russel...it would be very interesting to see if it's a smokescreen or if he really is high on him. If he is, the best possible situation for the Dolphins would be for CJ to go #1, JT to go #2, and JR at #3. If that happens, there's an excellent chance of Quinn falling to #9.

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
Savage really loves Russell. They go back 7 years and come from the same neighborhood. Sort of like a Dennis Green and Larry Fitzgerald type of connection. I would think if Russell and Quinn were still on the board, he would pick Russell so fast, the timer between picks would barely have started.

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
i would like to see where you guys are getting this info from, that he is in love with russel and not AP. if they werent gonna draft a runningback in the draft, dont you think that clev. would have signed lewis for more than one year. if savage is truly saying this, i think he is lying just like last year when he got an extra pick out of ravens.

Psychosikes

Ninja
Reaction score
The trade value for quinn/russel would be much higher than that of peterson right now. If they play their cards right, they could trade down to #7 or #9, grab some extra picks and still land peterson IF they make everyone believe they are without a doubt taking quinn/russel. This is pure speculation of course... maybe a little wishful thinking too :)

Frayser

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm really starting to think people should start to think that Detroit will take Quinn. Why wouldn't Martz want Quinn?

TexanPhinatic

I Pity the Fool
Reaction score
I think Savage is very high on Rusell, they HAVE been in cahoots for several years now and are from the same area. Not gonna bother looking it up, but there was at least one report in which Savage flatly said Russell would not fall past #3.
Nothing was ever said that Cleveland wasnt interested in AP, just stuff WAS said that they were interested in Russell. Prolly dont think Russell will fall however, unless oakland finds a QB so they can draft CJ.

Honestly, if Oakland CAN find a QB (CPep would be nice lol) and the Vikes sign a vet like Carr to compete with Jackson, Id say we have the inside track to Quinn. Though im worried by the Lions. I dont know why everyone has them taking Thomas, LT isnt a massive need for them. Anyway, I think the Houston moves have the ability to really shake things up and give us a good shot at Quinn.

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm really starting to think people should start to think that Detroit will take Quinn. Why wouldn't Martz want Quinn?
they are the big team standing in our way. i think if we drop culpepper then the raiders will pick him up and reunit him and moss. then they can take calvin johnson. det will take one QB and clev will take AP and car goes to minn (cuz i dont think they want another young QB, they need a vet to teach jackson, the guy they are gonna stick with. they might go after bledsoe) leaving miami with the other QB. Quinn or russel would be great for miami

TexanPhinatic

I Pity the Fool
Reaction score

Agreed, they scare me more than anyone right now. I think they might go with Russell if the Raiders take CJ though-that big arm would be perfect for Martz's attack.

TexanPhinatic

I Pity the Fool
Reaction score
they are the big team standing in our way. i think if we drop culpepper then the raiders will pick him up and reunit him and moss. then they can take calvin johnson. det will take one QB and clev will take AP and car goes to minn (cuz i dont think they want another young QB, they need a vet to teach jackson, the guy they are gonna stick with. they might go after bledsoe) leaving miami with the other QB. Quinn or russel would be great for miami

IMO if CJ goes to Oakland, Moss is gone. Possibly Porter as well.

TexanPhinatic

I Pity the Fool
Reaction score
why would they get ride of there best 2 WR. when they only get one?

Because both are *******s who dont care about helping the organization most likely, good move on their part. Would you want CJ the Beast to get infected by those 2 losers' bad attitudes? Not me.

If they can get some decent value they wont hesitate to pull the trigger.

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Because both are *******s who dont care about helping the organization most likely, good move on their part. Would you want CJ the Beast to get infected by those 2 losers' bad attitudes? Not me.

If they can get some decent value they wont hesitate to pull the trigger.
they wont just release them (no way. they gave up too much for moss). anyway if they get a QB instead of the two pretend QBs they had last year, then they might actually try.

Top Bottom