I'm saying it now. MIA 2020 AFCE Champs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm saying it now. MIA 2020 AFCE Champs

Do the Dolphins win the AFC East in 2020?

• Total voters
I think much like last season, we will over perform given our roster, but I don't think we're quite there yet. And as much as I'm absolutely giddy at the thought of Tua, I'm trying to push him out of mind, because we're not winning this year, so there's no reason to start him unless it's a dire situation. He will benefit greatly from a year of healing up, sitting behind Fitz, and learning our offense.

2021 starts our decade of dominance.
Honestly the Healing up thing is just a farce imo, I expect the NFL season to be pushed back at least a month to accomodate the NBA finishing up their previous season and Reading up about this injury Its completely healed so sitting him longer at this point doesn't really do anything to improve it further I think its just for our peace of mind.

I'd sit Tua to learn for about half the season but i'd let him play the last half of the year and to be honest I think he is not going to take time to develop, I think he already possesses superior ability to process the field over any other QB's.. He is ready to go year 1 in my view.

Patriots still had the number 1 scoring defense last year...Flores is gonna have to make sure the defense is up to par before I go predicting this. I just know the Jets will be at the bottom for sure.

Buffalo is the team to beat, imo. NE I think, still might make the playoffs as a WC, but that might be the last time they smell playoffs for a long time hopefully. Jets finished strong last year and that surprised me because I thought Gase had lost that team. Miami is a year away, but they'll improve on 5-11.

Buffalo 11-5
NE 9-7
Miami 8-8
Jets 7-9

Looking at the moves we made in FA and now the draft with the delightful get of Tua at 5, I'm throwing it out there. I not only think but straight up guarantee our beloved Dolphins win the AFC East this year. Patriots are a wreck talent wise and sans Brady BB has been abysmal, the Jets are the Jets and I think we can take the Bills.

I predict that Fitz comes out swinging in an offense designed for him by Gailey and they either stay with he hot hand or if he cools off after month one it's Tua Time!

Time to bury the past and move into the winner's seat!

I love your optimism. I think we finish third in the division just ahead of the Jets. NE still has Belichick (who I think deserves far more credit for the Patriots run than Brady). Buffalo should be better. Even the Jets had the best record in the division over the last half of the season. I hope you are right. I think we finish 8-8, maybe 9-7 (I hope we do better, obviously). The AFC East may be the most competitive division in the AFC next season (for the first time in a long time). The division may look like 2002 where all 4 teams were within a game of eachother. That was the year the Jets won the division based on tie breakers over Miami. The Jets, Patriots, and Dolphins all finshed 9-7. Buffalo was 8-8.

Now on a tangent...We should have won the division that year going away (I know this has been talked about to death over the years) . I know Jay Fiedler gets a bad rap here, but his injury (and the poor play of Ray Lucas) was a large reason our season fell apart that year. Fielder wasn't spectacular that season, but steady. Ricky obviously ran over the entire league. The loss in Buffalo in December (Ricky had 200+) and the last two losses to the Vikings and Patriots (in OT) were tough to take. I believe the Vikings loss was by 3 points as well.

Last edited:
I think we will 6-7 games and Buffalo should win it this year but they might only win 10 games I see the division like this atm...

Buff 10 -6
Phins 7-9
Pats 7-9
Jets 4-12

I think we will 6-7 games and Buffalo should win it this year but they might only win 10 games I see the division like this atm...

Buff 10 -6
Phins 7-9
Pats 7-9
Jets 4-12

I'll play for fun to revisit this and see how wrong I was:

Buffalo 10-6
Miami 8-8
New England 8-8
New York 5-11

I want to put 9-7 so badly.

Bills are the favorites, but Miami has a shot. The D should be good, potentially really good. I've mentioned it a bunch, but it's not hard to improve a D quickly. It's one of the major reasons it's best - imo - to emphasize offense first during a rebuild.

But, Flores is a Defense guy, and this does put Miami in position to compete for the AFC East in 2020. Miami will field one of the absolute best groups of CB's in the NFL, and they have the bodies up front to play 5-6 DB's without getting gashed in the run game. Wilkins should be better, and Lawson and Ogbah are two of the better edge setters in the NFL.

In 2021, Miami should do what Denver did in 2020 - load up on weapons. If they do, they'll be my favorite to win the East. With Tua, they may be my favorite with or without new weapons.

Looking at the moves we made in FA and now the draft with the delightful get of Tua at 5, I'm throwing it out there. I not only think but straight up guarantee our beloved Dolphins win the AFC East this year. Patriots are a wreck talent wise and sans Brady BB has been abysmal, the Jets are the Jets and I think we can take the Bills.

I predict that Fitz comes out swinging in an offense designed for him by Gailey and they either stay with he hot hand or if he cools off after month one it's Tua Time!

Time to bury the past and move into the winner's seat!

Can you kindly talk about the experience at OL, lack of talent at Safety, suspect LBs and can we stop the run?If Miami made these moves after 10/11 win season ,You would be onto something. But they just purged the roster and they still have many holes to fill and depth to have. Meanwhile Sam Darnold and Josh Allen are in their 3rdyear. I’m not sure what the rushes. Let the team improve their play, block better, stop the run, gel, and let’s not judge by the number of wins until 2021

Can you kindly talk about the experience at OL, lack of talent at Safety, suspect LBs and can we stop the run?If Miami made these moves after 10/11 win season ,You would be onto something. But they just purged the roster and they still have many holes to fill and depth to have. Meanwhile Sam Darnold and Josh Allen are in their 3rdyear. I’m not sure what the rushes. Let the team improve their play, block better, stop the run, gel, and let’s not judge by the number of wins until 2021
I'll let you....

In rebuttal:

Your point about the O-line experience is valid.

I'm not that concerned about the safety position. Rowe is competent at the very least, and probably more.
Parker and Colbert are questions, but seemed assignment sound. Not only that, our secondary as a whole looks pretty damn solid, assuming X is anywhere close to being back. Now factor in the enormous flexibility, and Flo's stated preference for positionless schemes, not worried about safety.

I don't see our LBs as being suspect at all. In fact, I think we did a good job in FA, to address that, given the hybrid D we will run.

We also addressed our problem with run D.

Will it all work out? IDK, but I don't see all the "holes" that you do.

The Bills are legit, and if JA takes a big step forward, even moreso.

Gase/Darnold? I'll take my coach, and my chances.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom