I'm saying it now. MIA 2020 AFCE Champs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm saying it now. MIA 2020 AFCE Champs

Do the Dolphins win the AFC East in 2020?

• Total voters
AFC East could be the division where 2 or 3 teams enter the last week at 8-7 and due to tie breakers the winner could be 8-8. If that comes to pass, we could win the division. I don't see us going 11-5.

Shocking BNF. You're so well known for being a glass is half full guy lol.

I'm not banking on us winning the division far the reasons I noted.

Could we? Sure. But I will say my glass is +half full when it comes to

this team developing and the upside we've baked into the cake.

I'd like 8-8 or 9-7 is workable. We're definitely ascending and that's

what really matters right now IMO.

I'm not a downer but you need to be realistic. Most of our draft picks won't even start early on, specially since we'll have no OTA's this year or mini camps. There's no way Tua starts early on if at all this season. Buffalo should win the east imo. I believe if we play a whole 16 game season you'll see the team getting in the second half of the year but not enough to take the east in 2020. Imo 2021 is our year tho.

As much as some people dislike the Jets and Gase, he did have them go 6-2 over the last 8 games of 2019 and they've had a decent offseason/draft.

I don't see it, not because of talent, but because if the uncertainty of the off season.

A team like Buffalo who has the same core will be way more successful this year than teams with new players. Much less as many as Miamis.

Nope.

Looking at the teams they play with my best rose colored glasses on I see them going 8-8.

Which would be tremendous progress, Tua would then inherit a pretty solid team.

I am fully invested into the "process" as if I'm some stinky Sixers fan, so my expectations for 2020 are limited. I have my eye on 2021 as the jump for this rebuild -- Tua's takeover.

But I am totally optimistic towards Brian Flores and what he's potentially capable of with a much improved roster from the team that finished 5-4 and put in the key ingredients that led to the fall of the mighty Patriots.

I am stoked to see what he can do with some actual talent on the defensive side of the ball, and I'm intrigued by the new guys competing to revamp the OL. I wouldn't be surprised, so to speak, if this team is a playoff contender. However, it is not my expectation. I think that's unfair to Flo/Grier and their vision for this rebuild. They've preached patience from day one, and everything they've done so far deserves that from Dolphins fans.

I will say that it's fun to be able to have these types of conversations in year 2, especially if you factor in where we were at this point last year personnel-wise. It's a shout to Brian Flores and the respect he's clearly and rightfully earned here in such a short period of time.

GO DOLPHINS.

Last edited:
2021 is the earliest I see that as realistic. And that would require hitting on a lot of these draft picks that I think were extreme reaches and drafting more day 1 ready players next year.

Looking at the moves we made in FA and now the draft with the delightful get of Tua at 5, I'm throwing it out there. I not only think but straight up guarantee our beloved Dolphins win the AFC East this year. Patriots are a wreck talent wise and sans Brady BB has been abysmal, the Jets are the Jets and I think we can take the Bills.

I predict that Fitz comes out swinging in an offense designed for him by Gailey and they either stay with he hot hand or if he cools off after month one it's Tua Time!

Time to bury the past and move into the winner's seat!

Hey, I really hope we pull off a miracle 2 year rebuild, but I think I'd prefer to manage my expectations a bit longer ;) Although, I can dig your enthusiasm, OP :cheers:

Looking at the moves we made in FA and now the draft with the delightful get of Tua at 5, I'm throwing it out there. I not only think but straight up guarantee our beloved Dolphins win the AFC East this year. Patriots are a wreck talent wise and sans Brady BB has been abysmal, the Jets are the Jets and I think we can take the Bills.

I predict that Fitz comes out swinging in an offense designed for him by Gailey and they either stay with he hot hand or if he cools off after month one it's Tua Time!

Time to bury the past and move into the winner's seat!

1588103595735.png

Back
Top Bottom