I'm Starting To Feel More Optimistic. I Don't Know Why. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Starting To Feel More Optimistic. I Don't Know Why.

About what Ray?

If its similar to my feelings its like Sundays hoping to lose.
Know it might be more beneficial in the long run but can't really honestly hope they lose as the actual game is going on. Just can't do it. And bringing in an actual QB with Bridgewaters potential not a bad thing in my opinion.

IMO getting the top pick in the 2020 draft is most likely going to be more difficult than this 2019 draft. Truthfully Bridgewater could make watching the up coming games doable and who knows how he may turn out. What ? you going to screw up the draft with crappy players so we don't get better and possibly win more games, I understand the principal but it just isn't logical.

Can see it now Bridgewater lining up behind Tunsil and TE Allen. We've got no OL NO!, and 5 TE's...
And if we dont end up with that high pick 2020 which is not out of the question having a Bridgewater may be pretty lucky....

Bottom line is new Gang in town and at least this year we have to see how whatever plays out. We got no choice. Damn they could have a wise plan for all we know at this time...

If its similar to my feelings its like Sundays hoping to lose.
Know it might be more beneficial in the long run but can't really honestly hope they lose as the actual game is going on. Just can't do it. And bringing in an actual QB with Bridgewaters potential not a bad thing in my opinion.

IMO getting the top pick in the 2020 draft is most likely going to be more difficult than this 2019 draft. Truthfully Bridgewater could make watching the up coming games doable and who knows how he may turn out. What ? you going to screw up the draft with crappy players so we don't get better and possibly win more games, I understand the principal but it just isn't logical.

Can see it now Bridgewater lining up behind Tunsil and TE Allen. We've got no OL NO!, and 5 TE's...
And if we dont end up with that high pick 2020 which is not out of the question having a Bridgewater may be pretty lucky....

Bottom line is new Gang in town and at least this year we have to see how whatever plays out. We got no choice. Damn they could have a wise plan for all we know at this time...

It really is tough to grab onto a player or coach I feel will play very well when the folks I liked are now or will soon be somewhere else.

I think my search for a favorite will be focused on the draft and UDFA's. I am not sure what it will take to sway me, but it has happened before and probably will again. I'll be in better shape identifying players I like after this season is over. Its tough to re-establish favorites when you don't have any.

Funny haven't been that attached to anyone player since Marino and Zack left. and that wasn't to difficult because it was just time.

Not much this year to be excited about and Bridgewater could be the only spark. Outside of unknown draftees in upcoming Draft with all their unknown capabilities.
Hey Bridgewater miraculously could even be our guy which would come in handy when and IF we realize we will most likely be to high for the 2020 draft QB's.
I'm thinkin there are to many smart guys in this new FO to condemn their ideas for building the new team and though don't necessarily agree may not understand their plan and think they do deserve a shot. Be happy to have Bridgewater its a shot that may not be available to us in the distant future..

and hope they know the vital importance of OL for our whoever QB and not accept Tunsil and the ground crew there having to have to scrape our QB and RB off the turf throughout the game. ...

update:

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley

Dolphins announce they have completed their free agent visit with Teddy Bridgewater. No deal -- yet.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily know that I'm optimistic, but (as always) I'm enjoying the offseason and looking forward to OTAs, Training Camp, and the season.

Win or lose, I will enjoy every practice I attend and every game I watch.

Whether I focus on Tunsil annihilating a defensive lineman, Minkah wreaking havoc all over the field, Gesicki streaming down the seam (open by more than 5 yards), Drake scoring from 70 yards away, Albert Wilson scoring from 70 yards away, Jakeem Grant scoring from 70 yards away, Raekwon and Baker growing into a tandem to be reckoned with, XMan picking off 10 passes, Vincent Taylor maturing into a terror on the DLine, or the rookie draft class and UDFA, I am looking forward to everything.

I'm starting to feel more optimistic. It isn't easy but I'm really putting some effort into it.

View attachment 16743
LMAO … that is both cruel and funny.

I've accepted that we're going to suck … and I mean royally suck. What's getting me through this is that I've made a decision to accept it, because unlike the many crushing disappointments of a season we've endured in the past, this has a purpose. I'm resigned to looking at this 18 or so month period as an extended pre-draft run-up, where I'm constantly looking at prospects and thinking about building for the future.

During this period it will not be about Sunday's or postseason prospects, but about making an honest attempt to build a team that can once again compete for Super Bowls. We've sucked a lot since Don Shula stepped down, I can take one more sucky season. But hopefully we can build something better than the patch jobs we've built in the past. This is the first time in memory that we truly are nuking it … burning the hole thing down to the foundation and truly re-building a team from the ground up. We don't know whether it is going to work, but we know we're finally doing away with half-measures and giving it a complete rebuild and a full chance to win. Fingers crossed, and I'm going to stick through the tough times and focus on the future.

I wish I was.

O line and D line have me GRAVELY concerned. Everybody is hollering QB, but I am much more concerned with the lines.

Especially since they take 9 guys, and we have 3. Tunsil, Taylor, and Godchaux.

And we ain’t fixing them with the draft. Not all of it, half if we do well.

But we picked up two TEs. And a corner (granted, we need a corner). Hmmm.....

The problem with the “Patriot Way” is that it applies to the Patriots.

Which we’re not.

Back
Top Bottom