I'm Starting To Feel More Optimistic. I Don't Know Why. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Starting To Feel More Optimistic. I Don't Know Why.

And yet no NFL franchise has offered you a job? Hard to understand.

Can you point to an example of a team fielding four starters week one, following a draft recently?

The Thomas/Taylor draft might be an example, but that was decades ago. It's not a common occurrence, as you are suggesting, irrespective of who the GM is.

To be fair, NFL front offices are by and large nothing but cesspools of nepotism and buddies getting buddies jobs.

If being right more than they are had anything to do with having a job in the NFL - you'd be missing a few posters on here.

Ray, ignore the noise; you're as entitled to be optimistic as some of the Pavlovian droolers are to hate Tannehill, Ross or the franchise. I enjoy your posts and as Norman Cousins proved with his cancer-riddled wife, optimism and good humor have biological salutary effects on well being.
Pavlonian droolers?......LMAO.

I know Ray gets the reference. He's an educated guy.

What's the over/under on the percentage of posters who understand that veiled insult?

To be fair, NFL front offices are by and large nothing but cesspools of nepotism and buddies getting buddies jobs.

If being right more than they are had anything to do with having a job in the NFL - you'd be missing a few posters on here.
That's a bit of a generalization.

I was commenting on a very specific statement, about how easy it is to come a way from a draft with 4 day one starters.

I’m not optimistic at all. First season in a long time ironically that I have no hope or real interest in and I HATE it.

I can appreciate your not having any real interest. You can't fake real interest.

With some of my favorites gone, my real interest has been diluted to a casual interested; sort of a "what are these guys going to do next" attitude with no expectations of success or failure.

Like I tried to say before, I expect my real interest to pickup as I see the performance of the players and the coaches in game settings. They don't have to win every game, but if they play well and can generate some excitement I'll be a happier guy. Then I will start having some favorites again.

Having favorites and expectations does make it more fun to watch these games.

Ray, ignore the noise; you're as entitled to be optimistic as some of the Pavlovian droolers are to hate Tannehill

The day Tannehill is given his walking papers will hopefully be the day that these backhanded slights fade away quicker. They were almost gone, but a few, like these still rear their ugly heads.

Pavlonian droolers?......LMAO.

I know Ray gets the reference. He's an educated guy.

What's the over/under on the percentage of posters who understand that veiled insult?

You guys are beginning to make my mouth water.

The day Tannehill is given his walking papers will hopefully be the day that these backhanded slights fade away quicker. They were almost gone, but a few, like these still rear their ugly heads.
Lighten up. It was funny.

And yet no NFL franchise has offered you a job? Hard to understand.

Can you point to an example of a team fielding four starters week one, following a draft recently?

The Thomas/Taylor draft might be an example, but that was decades ago. It's not a common occurrence, as you are suggesting, irrespective of who the GM is.

Can’t afford the pay cut. The reason it’s not common is teams normally don’t draft that way, they go BPA, but Indy came very close last year and Green Bay did it with their secondary. There’s no reason Miami can’t get two quality starters on the OL and two on DL if that’s direction they choose. They won’t because when they trade down the goal will be to get picks next year, not this year.

Can’t afford the pay cut. The reason it’s not common is teams normally don’t draft that way, they go BPA, but Indy came very close last year and Green Bay did it with their secondary. There’s no reason Miami can’t get two quality starters on the OL and two on DL if that’s direction they choose. They won’t because when they trade down the goal will be to get picks next year, not this year.
Let me see if I'm reading this correctly.

You are saying it's more likely to find quality starters by drafting a position of need, rather than drafting the best player?

Seems counterintuitive to me.

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly.

You are saying it's more likely to find quality starters by drafting a position of need, rather than drafting the best player?

Seems counterintuitive to me.

At the position of need? Yes. Especially in THIS draft.

BPA is different for every team -- based on positional needs.

Hence all draft boards are not the same. And the "rankings" can be quite varied when comparing round to round.

BPA is different for every team -- based on positional needs.

Hence all draft boards are not the same. And the "rankings" can be quite varied when comparing round to round.
I would tend to agree. It's not as either/or as it's often made out to be.

In rd1, for example, there are top prospects at every position.

In rds2-3, BPA makes more sense to me.

In the later rounds, positions of need are probably the better way to go because you are basically trying to find that "diamond in the rough" anyway.

Are you optimistic about Flores?

I can appreciate your not having any real interest. You can't fake real interest.

With some of my favorites gone, my real interest has been diluted to a casual interested; sort of a "what are these guys going to do next" attitude with no expectations of success or failure.

Like I tried to say before, I expect my real interest to pickup as I see the performance of the players and the coaches in game settings. They don't have to win every game, but if they play well and can generate some excitement I'll be a happier guy. Then I will start having some favorites again.

Having favorites and expectations does make it more fun to watch these games.

What are they going to do at all? Signing losers, letting players go, not signing a single name? I would’ve been slightly intrigued by Bridgewater next year but since he’d rather not play for 7.25 mil what’s next? I want Rosen. Trade for him now.

Back
Top Bottom